Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow heading Alpwards

Poster: A snowHead
Just had a look at snowguess and they think big snow is going to useful places this weekend. A look at the BBC map confirms a most promising situation.

What a great season!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yup, tho slightly mild, so may take off snow low down, but will hopefully replace it again and more by end of weekend! (fingers crossed!)

7 days to go, how exciting!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ooo I hope its off to Zermatt - only 2 weeks to go - yipeeeee
sorry - I hope its off to all the places all the snowheads are going tooo.. (oops)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Meribel tomorrow: 25cm snow predicted with temp -5C, doesn't sound too mild for me snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One really frustrating thing is that they never let you know what altitude their forecast is for. It does make such a difference.

I think -5 is the perfect skiing temperature.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know snowHead Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Bish, You can search snowforecast by resort, and they give a breakdown of freezing levels and predicted precipitation (rain or snow depending on freezing level obviously...) at the low, mid and high levels of the resort.
its why a lot of people seem to dislike snowforecast I think. because there's so much info given, all computer model driven, that there's massive scope for inaccuarcy for many reasons. Local micro climate for example.
"snowforecast promised me 10cm of snow at 1450m on the 6th and it didn't, blah, blah, blah."
Its good for showing trends though, and IMHO its been pretty accurate this winter, certainly for the 3 day forecast. the 6 day tends to be a bit fanciful though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, for France www.meteo.fr also has resort by resort forecasts (in English as well as French). Up to 4 days... As MarkP says though it can be spot on, can be wildly out - not so much with regard to temperatures which are pretty accurate... but precipitation, with its big local variations.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
.... and right on cue the snow turns up! 15cm overnight in les Arcs (where I'm off soon) and with more forecast until wednesday, by meteo france as well as snowforecast.com Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Courchevel's looking good!! Seven days to go...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahh, Lucky sod! I've got twenty seven days yet! But then i'm going to get the April powder dumps... I pre booked them with my lift pass.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
markP, well done - good thinking. I thought I might just be able to turn up and blag it at the airport. The planes seed the clouds if you pay the supplement, don't they??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Now i'm fed up Mr. Green ...you lucky devils! Have a great time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a text from my parents (who are currently in Villars, Switzerland) saying that it was snowing heavily this morning and that everything was closed. Stuff may have opened later on this morning.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pete Horn flew of Alp-wards early this morning for a week on the white stuff... lucky sod!
snow conditions
Yeah, but maybe its snowing so hard everywhere's shut. Wink
Happened in January, be carefull what you wish for...
snow conditions
Just back from La Rosiere, started snowing on Thurs evening, still snowing this morning down to about 1300 meters. Prediction was for 40 cms by Monday, although I'd say there's more. Too warm to bash it, about 6-7 degrees but cold front forecast for Tues. If any one is going skiing this week it should be great throughout the Haute Tarentaise.
ski holidays
Perhaps you'd like to volunteer a post on our newly established Snow Report Forum? Very Happy
latest report
David@traxvax, Shows the difference you can get in local conditions, just down the road in Bourg SM it was snowing all morning down to 800m, and there was plenty of light powder at Les Arcs, no probs for the piste bashers. Not that I was there being laid up with flu, keyboard within easy reach, but I am 'reliably informed' by offspring that conditions were perfect...

Looking good this week as you say, snow showers forecast on and off for the next few days, staying cold...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy