Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We need your photographs!

Poster: A snowHead
how do you post pics?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cockerhoop, glad I'm not the only one who is mystified
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need to find somewhere on the net to host your pictures - for example, http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/

Then link to the picture's URL using img tags - eg: {img}http://snowmediazone.com/example.jpg{/img}

But you'll have to replace the curly braces with square brackets.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some picture of todays weather conditions in the Montalbert side of La Plagne. Lovely and sunny and conditions towards the top surprisingly good, but very slushy in the afternoon. Considering how late it is in the season it was pretty good this morning.

It's forcaset to get colder as the week progresses with light flurries of snow possible this evening.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barratschamonix/sets/72157623706901421/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is so beautiful it needs to be shared, taken in Mölltal today by our trainer
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
allanm, how sexy are those bumps, yum yum yum, lovely.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This was Lake Louise Ski Area taken last Wednesday (October28th2010)

Ski Louise opened yesterday !

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sun 7-11-10 0:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Woops !

Its been really warm here in the last few weeks, it was 22 degrees in Calgary last week.... in November !

And everyone keeps saying its going to be a really bad winter.... i think they must have meant bad for skiers !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't wait to do a season in Obergurgle this year, going 2 b an Esprit Nanny Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mounta1nGoat's bailout in the rough at VT creates Salomon advert!

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Opening day: Bareges, the Tourmalet resort, French Pyrenees. 27/11/2010 taken by Rob Mason. And it is GREAT!!!! snowHead (sorry its been a while I've got all excited Blush ).

Conditions are rather nice Laughing after 40cm of fresh snow 2 days ago and persistently cold temperatures. Forecasts remain good, and its a great start to the season for the French Pyrenees.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pen y fan tuesday 7th december

IMG20101207_003 by snowkiter, on Flickr[/img]

IMG20101207_002
fresh tracks
IMG20101207_011
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tryvann vinterpark, oslo, norway. taken 08/12.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Lecherrette, Les Mosses, 31/12/2010
Les mosses, 31/12/2010
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Les Deux Alpes, 26/12/10

on the glacier
snow report
Mammoth is well laden with snow. The big super pipe is under construction. The mountain is covered with all runs open. I did as many of them as I could.

Mid Week Skiing is what I recommend. Photo from Goldmine lift on 01-04-2011
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w-ret82SnWE/TSdyDyQAfmI/AAAAAAAAAXo/ka8DJUugdp8/s1600/2011-01-04_11-59-05_289.jpg

The signpost on the top is so thoroughly covered...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9542424@N08/5338450150/
Folks just hop up on top to get the top of the world photo. Normally this is way over your head.

Sincerely

Keith
snow conditions
I've some photo's from Val Thorens 12-19 Dec, but have no idea how to upload them here!
snow report
weatherHead wrote:
Every week, we need some great photos showing snow conditions for the weekly weatherHead report snowHead
If you'd like your photo to be considered for inclusion, please can you add them here with the date taken and where it was taken.
Please can we try to keep gossip out of this thread wink

Thank you!
wH snowHead

La Masse
Looking west-by-south-west off the La Masse peak in Val Thorens/Les Menuires, picture taken Thursday January 20, 2011:

ski holidays
I've put some recent photos of Les Arcs and the La Plagne area here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66382&start=720#1705867
snow report
New snow in the Pyrenees
Bareges has just had a nice dump of snow for half term week (35 cm).
ski holidays

"Mountainbug" at it... New snow all day yesterday followed by a perfect crystal blue day = Little Jenny with the Nanny, only feeling slightly guilty... Blush
snow conditions

Mt. Hood - Oregon February 15th, 2011 ... Shreddin on fresh packed powder Very Happy
snow report
weatherHead wrote:
Every week, we need some great photos showing snow conditions for the weekly weatherHead report snowHead
If you'd like your photo to be considered for inclusion, please can you add them here with the date taken and where it was taken.
wH snowHead

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicoatridge/5473642310
Tree run above Mittelsäss in Pizol, Eastern Switzerland. Taken 23/2/2011. Lots of new snow and cold with it so the groomed pistes were near perfect and there was plenty of untracked off-piste to be had. Elevated avalanche risk though, but Pizol has plenty of safe off-piste.

ski holidays
Great photos! Keep sharing!
snow report
The weather is fantastic now. This must be the longest Indian Summer I've seen. Great for finding new rock climbing routes... And to get psyched for the coming winter!!! The K2s are waiting patiently to go out and play.
I got out for a quick skin and ski October 9th, just after our first big dump. 30 cm fell on Ruinettes at 2200m and wanted to get y'all stoked with a few shots. Nothin' great, but hopefully gets the stoke going a bit...

[img]www.swissguides.com/images/snowHeads/Verbier_First_Snow1.jpg[/img]
climbing out of Verbier

[img]www.swissguides.com/images/snowHeads/Verbier_First_Snow2.jpg[/img]
Looking across to the the Grand Combin from Ruinettes. Looks like winter!!!

[img]www.swissguides.com/images/snowHeads/Verbier_First_Snow3.jpg[/img]
Skin and ski tracks. Sorry about the low quality. I was alone son didn't get any movement. Soon!!!
latest report
Some cracking photos on here, one I especially like is the chairlift photo taken on a mobile phone by allanm, just love it.#

This photo is the view from our Garden looking up to the Back Corries at Nevis Range on Saturday morning 10th December before our hike & ride to the Summit.

Feel so privileged having this view I just love the mountains.... Shocked
latest report
BackCorriesNR, Thankyou, and welcome to snowheads...
ski holidays
At the risk of being flamed again, you can find a bang up to date snow report on Wengen on my blog, where I plan to post a series of items relating to the annual Lauberhorn World Cup ski races which take place here next weekend (January 13-15) followed by the annual Inferno races across the valley in Murren the weekend after.

http://www.brianbollen.com/bbb_brian_bollens_blog/2012/01/all-white-for-the-lauberhorn-world-cup-ski-races-2012.html
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some more photos from very snowy Wengen:

http://www.brianbollen.com/bbb_brian_bollens_blog/2012/01/what-if-its-so-snowy-no-one-can-get-to-wengen.html

ps I can't find that 'post pic' button mentioned earlier...
latest report
There's a couple of sunsets on the Les Arcs page
snow report

A few from me from Val Disere Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
CHAMONIX REGION:

Not seen fresh snow fall in over a week. Skies have been blue with the sun blasting down. Fantastic visability!

Pistes are becoming very icy and smooth... not so good for the boarders.

Everyone is heading off into the powder, and depending on where you go this is becoming chopped up more and more.

Heading off piste, the snow condition can really vary... in places a icy crust has formed, yet in other places it's still soft and fluffy.

Overall, still plenty of snow in Cham region, but we desperately need a dumping to get rid of all this ice.
ski holidays
I still can't figure out how to post photos here, but if anyone would like a snapshot of the weekend's snow in Murren, and a brief report on the 69th Annual Inferno Downhill race there, you can find it at the address below. We must have had at least two feet of snow overnight, and as quickly as workmen could clear paths, they were being covered up again.

I have never seen snow like it, and I was around during Britain's notorious winter of 1963, when my brothers and I attempted to build an igloo at the top of our street.

http://www.brianbollen.com/bbb_brian_bollens_blog/2012/01/69th-inferno-finally-runs.html
latest report
These vids/ photos were taken in Meribel a couple of weeks ago.

Code:
<iframe></iframe>
[/code]
ski holidays
These vids/ photos were taken in Meribel a couple of weeks ago.

http://youtube.com/v/0CnljQ2JZEc
snow report
Supposed to be nice all week.

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/img0354r.jpg/[/img][/img]
latest report
OOPS lets try that one again:

snow report
Sunshine Village Canada on Friday 3 Feb 2012
snow conditions
Snow Report Banff Canada:

Nice Powder though getting a touch icy today after sunny weather and no new snow since Wed or Thur last week. Sunshine Village was still all powder when I was there on Friday - Lake Louise was noticeably icier today than it has been so for on my trip (since Monday last week). Coverage is good in most places, but a few patches of rock starting to show up today. Base is about 1.5 I think, so could do with a bit more snow, but is ok, Visibility is excellent as you can see!
ski holidays

It's a hard life.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy