Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens 10th - 17th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so instead of SnowHeads hats or tee shirts we should be looking at branded ski locks maybe ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonpim wrote:
real keg beer brewed locally poured into your glass with a proper hand pump and no fizz. They also did Boddingtons. Music was from CDs. No live band when i was there (and I was there a lot!)

With my CAMRA pedants hat on I hope that was "real cask beer" - keg by definition is sealed & pressurised with gas usually CO2.

We were there 2 years ago and there was no hand pump, just the fizzy keg Boddingtons, and didn't seem that cheap either. I stuck to (or suffered with) the Euro Fizz or retreated to red wine. The band really made up for it all though, it was the best apres ski venue I've been to for many years. We've got some pictures of the Swedish Duo and proof that dancing on tables is dangerous - that beam was far too low. [/url]
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pete Horn, a cask of Theakstons would go down well right now! But aren't they yet another small independent that's been taken over since I used to drink in the Masham area? Oh well, at least Black Sheep is still manning the battlements. Or it was last time I looked...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chatting to the barmaid I discovered that they had some problems with the altitude and the appropriate and correct delivery of a pint of foaming ale...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, Theakston's was taken over by Scottish & Newcastle years ago (1984), but back in September it was reported that the Theakston family were in "advanced negotiations" to buy back the brewery. I haven't actually seen confirmation that this has gone through.

Black Sheep is still going strong.

Ian Hopkinson, I had a bottle of Erdinger this year at that little place at the top of Col de Thorens (alt. 3200m). However I tried to pour it I just ended up with a glass of froth. Never a great problem at lower altitudes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pete Horn, thank you: I thought "keg" wasn't quite right, but couldn't think what it should be. I stand corrected.

PG, yes, it was a downer not getting a lesson from Hannah. The ski hire shop were sympathetic and most helpful. The delay was the Gendarmes: didn't open until 3pm, and they obviously enjoy teasing the Brits. Insurance still at the filling in form stage.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Still, not the experience you needed at the start of the holiday. Cheer up, Tignes opens on June 19th, it's official! Hop on a cheap flight for a long weekend, you can stop in BSM and we'll all go up to the glacier. How's that, feeling better?! snowHead (PS. how did the "teasing" manifest itself?)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks PG, I was thinking about organising a Countdown to December for my signature: June 19 doesn't look so bad.
Teasing? No worse than many British organisations: no sympathy, sniggers at my attempts at French (I used perdu rather than volé), lack of explanation in how to fill the forms in, and contempt when I got it wrong.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim, a little joke for you Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, excellent. Thank you. And it's a lovely day here. Sunshine, a few cloulds, warm, and I can visibly see the grass growing. I wonder if the mower will start......?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy