Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back, very very cold, beware... some suffering with frost bite! The runs are still well covered with snow despite the lack of new snow falls, but hard and packed in places and the cold air makes the ground crusty early morning and late afternoon. All lifts were open and the skies were clear and sunny, best of all, no wind. Rep says more of the same is expected but the runs do need new snow if only to soften them up a little. Wrap up warm, drink plenty of water and keep your face covered!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it as cold everywhere at the moment! How did you find the skiing and resort?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Ross, It was our 3rd time there. Resort is ok, not much night life if that's what you want, but for a nervous skier that wants long, wide, blue and red runs, with good snow cover, it's perfect. Downside, the steps as mentioned on the Resort forum http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5701 (but we stayed in 1 of the only 2 hotels near the lift station), the wind that can close the whole resort down, and the lack of anything else to do there if you can't ski. It is above the tree line so can look a bit bleak, but the Matterhorn and surrounding moutains are beautiful, and if you are a good skier and the link is open, you can ski down into Zermatt which is another huge ski area. We wouldn't return now, 3 times in 1 resort is enough, but it served a purpose, I can now ski!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Resort is ok, not much night life if that's what you want,

I went there three years ago and spent some very very drunk nights in the Dragon Bar and in the nightclub below it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no_snow_in_swindon, Yes we have been there, this year it was empty! The bar at the Copa Pan is also popular, but Cervinia is not known for its nightlife
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sharon1953,
Just got back and agree with all you said.
Felt the Hotel Astoria although close to the lift was like a 40 watt bulb.
The skiing was fine and the pistes in good nick especially in Zermatt where we spent a couple of days exploring.
Drank in the Copa Pan and Dragon Bar and the Nightclub across the road called Bontadini I think Puzzled
Don't do off piste but I think they needed more snow.
Overall we had a really good time and best of all no injuries..........
But those steps will keep you fit Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slowplough, I have a feeling that you arrived late Saturday evening, as we were eating dinner - well I call it dinner, it could have been anything! I don't want to see another pork chop, or piece of pasta for at least 6 months! The hotel had really deteriorated to the extent that we found the cleaner using our toilet when we returned to the room unexpectedly! The wall sockets were hanging off the walls, the shower tray didn’t drain, and the carpets were filthy, (did you get a glimpse of the Sindy-doll vacuum?) We have complained to Thomson on the advice of the rep, as she says nothing will be done if people don’t shout from the roof tops, and the hotel will continue to rest on its laurels because of it’s location. But I’m glad you enjoyed the skiing, but that blue run 5 back to the village was getting more and more like a black as we left, and those old wooden chair lifts (unmanned at the end) caused a few injuries that we know of - it's time they up-graded the lift sytem. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sharon1953, Not guilty we arrived Sunday (22 of us)
You're right, it's appears to be a family hotel with mamma & papa seeing out their time and not investing any money as long as they get a living.
Still we spent most of our time out and about so we weren't too put off by the hotel.
Just as well the weather was ok or spending all day in the hotel would have been grim.........
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The poor couple on the table next to us arrived at 8.30pm on the Saturday before, and were told the "the kitchen is closed, no food, tough"! Yes, the daugther seemed to vanish after the 1st day, who ran the place last year, and now it seems to be the parents overseeing things! We had thought about suicide had the lifts shut!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sharon1953,
I think we saw the daughter flitting around (dark shoulder length hair, slim and about 5'7") but she didn't seem very interested and not very happy, could be she has problems, but taking your eye off the ball in business is very dangerous......
Won't be staying there again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Slowplough, don't think many will go back once bitten, I'd rather walk the steps!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back, I stayed in Residence Castelli near the car park at entrance to the town. I could have no complaints, well kept accommodation with two lovely big St Bernards to give the place a real homely feel.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Ross, Well count yourself lucky. I assume the steps didn't bother you too much then?. As for the dogs, ... sorry, I'm a cat person, I'm not really into all that dribbling jowls stuff, but each to their own. Has the temp. in Cerv warmed up yet?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sharon1953, Hi, It wasn't warm! My first day last Sunday the 6th it was so cold my fingers went completely numb and I stopped skiing early before they fell off with frostbite! I then bought an extra pair of inner gloves but could still feel some cold. I went over to Zermatt at every opportunity to avoid the wind and cold. It was like a different world of warmth over there! We had some nice days in Cervinia but the wind also closed the connecting lifts on a few days. The last day (Saturday) there were some really strong gusts that blew snow and ice everywhere. When these blew up it was vital to stop skiing and turn your back to them otherwise you might solidify!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy