Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Torgon, Portes du Soleil, March 1st 2005

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-08-06 9:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ise, thanks for these reports and I like the new web site.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

The PdS is pretty much the heart of darkness if you don't like commercial, Macdonalds skiing or skiing with people who do

Don't understand?? Are you slagging it off or praising it? Are you comparing to Val d'Sloane Square? I don't think there are any McDonalds on the slopes, although there are a few slopes...

Quote:

It's motorway skiing, wide and easy pistes

That'll be Machon, Crozats, Combettes or Renard then...??

Do agree with you (for once wink ) on Stocklis. Played with the Laser GS at the weekend - like skiing on rails, and couldn't find the speed limit. Very, very, very smooth.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

with too many people who really ought to be in lessons but are out trying to cover distance or get their value from the lift pass

and in the middle of the vacances scolaires you would expect what else exactly?

No vested interest, honest, just curious as to your opinions!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never been to PdS but I can 100% understand the point ise is making
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise, Okay some of the runs are crusiey blues, did you ski the Tronchey black from the chair of the same name? Last time I was there it was all rocks! I also found Torgon to be very quiet in comparison with rest of PDS, guess I struck lucky.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 18-08-06 9:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, Yes it is marked as itinerary, hope it had good snow cover, it looks good from the top because there appears to be an odd (adverse) camber near the top as it goes off to the right..perhaps another year!. There is reasonable potential in PDS for all standards, l enjoyed the trees area above Pre la Joux, fell in a stream and discovered that Goretex does not work underwater. Must avoid these antics directly under a chairlift next year and deny others free entertainment snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, Back to what/where are you comparing against? And for what audience? Many of my friends love the PDS simply because it is full of wide, easy cruisy runs. I like it because (apart from familiarity and having many friends who live there to ski with) it will suit very varied groups and conditions which helps when trip planning. And, in almost any conditions, I know where to find good, entertaining, challenging skiing. And my favourite mountain restaurants are there.

I will confess that I haven't skied Torgon and I'm quite happy to accept your judgement of it, but I find it a bit odd that you condemn an entire 14 resort system based on one small corner of it.

Quote:

A lot of it's not very good

I can quite happily say the same about Val D'Isere or Verbier.

But it's not very informative. What's your definition of "good" and "a lot of what's not very good"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy