Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slush-fest this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I cannot complain as I am off to sunny (looking at the weather situation) Verbier tomorrow for a last-gasp 3 day weekend trip.

Any first hand reports of snow conditions from Snowheads currently in the Alps?
The snow depths we can get from the various websites...I'm talking conditions:
Slush?
Crud?
Spring-snow?

Any Alpine resort will do...the weather looks pretty uniform over the Alps at the moment.

Just the facts...just the facts...please?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Henry's Avalanche Talks website has an up to date report on the 3 Valleys: http://hat-enterprises.dnsalias.com/avalanchetalk/main/report/snowReport.do?resort=threevalleys
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good places to check for dailyish reports

http://www.alpineexperience.com/news.html
http://www.natives.co.uk/whatsnew/moresnow.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied at Alpe d'huez yesterday (16th March)...good spring conditions in the morning and fully open. V slushy at the bottom in the afternoon. Skied at PSV today again good spring conditions in the morning and slushy this afternoon...top of the crete run closed. It is v. hot here in the Alpes du Sud, but still skiable. Getting a great tan too!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, I reckon you're better looking as far East or North-East as you can.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, Just back from PdSoleil and it is HOT.

Snow crisp and hard on piste but only till 1030am on South facing slopes then slush prevails, and takes over all slopes by the mid-afternoon, apart from shadiest tree-lined locales. Avoriaz particularly seems to be in a mess despite its height. Mini-Spring-Avalanches galore.

Allegedly in last 5 days most resorts have lost and average of 10cm per day according to locals, but this is not reported in resort reports as such.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skied yesterday in Notre Dame de Bellecombe. Good conditions on the top, other than some icy patches in shade. Snow not as good as it was two weeks ago, but still very skiable and enjoyable. Much slushier down to the bottom of the Mont Rond chair, and we didn't bother with the lower areas. And it is SO magnificent sitting in the restaurant for an extended lunch. Temperature in the shade at 1500m in Les Saisies is 22 - and it's only 11 o'clock in the morning. But a good deal of rain forecast over next several days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from a week in Chamonix. Vallee Blanche showing exposed ice that no-one has ever seen before - had a good ski down on Wednesday, but it must be pretty bare by now. They are describing it as 'more technical' than usual. They were talking about taking the ropes down from the ridge walk, to discourage all but expert skiers.
Grand Montets still in great condition, almost as far down as Lognan - then slushy. The Pierre a Rics run home to Argentiere is a bit like water skiing (in Sauchiehall Street).
Brevant, Flegere and large chunks of Le Tour not really skiable in the afternoon because of the heavy slush. Heavy rain forecast tomorrow - up to 2,400 metres. Happy Easter!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Total slush fest here in St Anton. I think Spring conditions have been bypassed and it´s straight into Summer. The whole mountain is one big wet mogul field. Not recommended (unless you like wet moguls).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking forward to my trip to les arcs on the 10 April, think i better take a canoe rether than my snowboard any one got any good news????
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AD, no Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy