Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton - Late Season Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's it like out there.....looking for a last minute dash and St A is coming up at a reasonable price. Call me a cynic but is that because the skiing is finished for the season? Anyone got an update?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
homphomp, current report from Tiscover on St. Anton is 275cm on top (perfect) and 45 at the bottom (wet). Sounds good to me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from St A. After a fairly dull (but warm) few days, Friday and Saturday saw low overnight temperatures and bright sunshine (very hot at resort level). Good snow conditions high up, poor below mid-station. Get up early and high for steep, icy reds Shocked . Get down before 1430 to avoid a race to resort through the slush.

Better snow conditions are to be had at Lech and Zurs and Sonnenkopf: so make sure you take a day or two out.

All in all, the heavy rain early and high temperatures last week have done for the lower slopes. But there's plenty left higher up if you relish the ice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stevo, Thanks for the feedback....you've confirmed what I thought, I've booked to go to Tignes instead! Will save St A for next year when the snow conditions are perfect and we can really explore the resort.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
homphomp, you've made the right decision. I wouldn't ski St Anton beyond, say, the third week in March. It's just a few hundred metres too low, sadly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there last week . I would agree with Stevo. Condtions below midway are allways like that at this time of the year but it has to be said that these runs are runs down to the resort & most people only take them at the end of the day or to go to one of the restauratns for lunch. The skiing up top is excellent . David Goldsmith, I have skied in Late April in St Anton and it can be as good as the mid march or earlier. The snow above 2000M is allways good till 11:00am . Stuben ,Zurs & Lech were good. There is far greater terrrain than Tignes. Stevo, IT was noce when the Sun finally came out on Friday & Saturday Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, I have often made a point of going to St.Anton for the last day of the season, which is often on the first weekend in May! Conditions up top are usually just fine even that late in the season, although you won't usually be able to do the valley run! Skiing in St.Anton in late April has many advantages. The snow is perfect, and the pistes are empty. What more could one ask for. Tignes is also OK from a snow point of view, but can hardly compete in terms of the atmosphere of the place!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Lawrie . I havent done the last day for some years,I need to get back for the begining of the May festivals in Germany Very Happy I have skied down to town on the last day in the past no problem . The latest I been in recent years is 27th April. I think the lastday alot of StAntonite's head round to Ischgl for the end of Season concert.
[/quote]
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy