Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi Laura Z!

Poster: A snowHead
Welcome Laura, member 68. There's no going back now you know Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Laura!
Hope we're not embarassing you with the attention, if we are than I have the power to edit or delete as required! Hahahahahaha...the power really hasn't gone to my head! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Technically she's now member 67.....one has been removed for reasons unspecified Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
weird, I'm now 49 but I could have sworn si was 48 when I joined yesterday!

Hello Laura. thanks for listening to the emails we sent and understanding it wasn't us having a go at you personally, I realise you;re just the public face for the council Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, the public face in cyberspace.
That rhymes!
Where's the glorious days of colour thread gone?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It must be that young man Ian. Power has definitely gone to his head. Now if he was in a ski resort he could put his head in the snow to cool off. Heh, my smilies have stopped working! Happy) grumble, grumble, old-fashioned way.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
checked my profile, smilies enabled. Are we running out of storage? or is it that Ian! - nope, smilies still don't work Happy [edit explanation - I was putting old fashioned keyboard smilies and this marvelous software was changing them to emoticons]

just seen my previous post where I put in the smilies the old fashioned way - must be my software or something - sorry Ian I take it all back Happy Happy
Very Happy
Ah, if I hit "all" and use the emoticons it works - weird!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 10-02-04 21:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now is that the real Laura or a cyberimpersonator
If it is, welcome to you Laura

Are the dark forces of the SCGB infiltrating the renegade cyber community to monitor the machinations and plots being hatched only to report back to her masters the cyberski controllers allowing them to launch a pre-emptive electronic digital strike to neutralize the threat that the outcastes may now pose since they were dispatched into the wastelands of electro-magnetic debris swirling though the cosmos whilst unbeknown to central command the insurgents have convened in a far off galactic habitat regrouping to fight the oppressive overlords with only the power of collective belief in their ability to interact with each other through virtual portals in the pursuance of information on best ways to get to Val Thorens from Geneva airport and which are the best suncreams for chapped lips!

If it isn't then welcome to whoever you are.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That sounds remarkably similar to Alan's previous description elsewhere of being stranded on the Intermediate Plateau Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
John - do you want to edit that so it makes sense Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Surely there should be some punctuation in there slowplough!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yer right, but we lost the grammer police so I think I'm safe Mr. Green

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 10-02-04 13:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Your! Your! - now you're just making fun of me!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, Hi Laura,
welcome to snowHeads!
Hope U came out of curiosity rather than any kind of 'official' business. Confused
I'm not sure quite how often your personal presence graced our olde forum but do know you're welcome to stop by here any time Smile

Maybe, as a treat, I'll even switch on html tags and U can take your awful (but really rather colourful) revenge. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just keep pink pyramus away Exclamation
latest report
Of course it's me! I think you know me by now, I'm just being nosey!

Thanks for the welcome notes.

Laura Very Happy
snow report
Hi Laura.

Just wanted to welcome you as well, and ask a question.

Any chance SCGB would make a statement as to why they made the forums members only? And probably more importantly why no prior warning was given. I think that's probably the main reason most people were so hacked off.

We all appreciate SCGB is a business and not a charity, but alot of people feel what was done was very underhand, and if being really cynical about it, seemed a cheap ploy to try and generate more revenue by forcing people to pay to be a part of what was a free community. Perhaps SCGB underestimated the genuine feeling of community we all had there?

By giving an explanation of why the forums were made members only it may help to build a few bridges. Surely the powers that be can see that they really have shot themselves in the foot and generated a lot of bad will, feeling and publicity and potentially lost future paying members Sad

We may not have been paying members but certainly a source of free publicity for you guys.

After saying all that.. though we are all glad t o see you here Wink

Osh..
ski holidays
Hey Laura, have you thought about the fact that this site isn't work-related for you so there's no reason why you couldn't join in! Ok, the council might object to you spending work time on this forum, but you'll still be able to do your normal workload as you'll need to spend less time moderating the SCGB site now that we're all over here!
snow report
You could also pass it off as being part of a recruitment drive Wink
ski holidays
Or research as to how good a forum can be with decent software and access without a £48 fee.
latest report
I expect the last thing Laura wants is to come over here & talk Shop.Maybe she might like to take the pee out of us lot for a change! Wink
By the way what is happening on the Scgb.......... Shock
ski holidays
Quote:

Yer right, but we lost the grammer police so I think I'm safe

Snowplough - bad news, we're still here, noting grammar howlers for our records, and furthermore taking a dim view of the SCGB's clumsy attempt to leave us out in the cold with no-one to prosecute.
snow conditions
Omnipresent but not omnipotent Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy