Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, scrap Verbier. Too long a train journey (change 3 times) just for 2 days skiing.

I have spoken to SkiMorzine who can offer me a good package. The SCGB resort info isn't too complimentary about Morzine. I am concerned about its low altitude but am told their snow is good. Who's been and can you recommend it?

Hell, at the end of the day I know its only for 2 days, but I want 2 GOOD days! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't worry too much about the snow....you can get up to Avoriaz from Morzine which is high and will have snow even if the lower slopes are a bit off. Stayed in Les Gets in March a couple of years ago and had a foot of fresh snow every night - great!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't want to hire a car then?

It's pretty reasonable for a few days only.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No I don't want to drive myself. Ski Morzine offer a private transfer, 2 night catered chalet with wine and ski pass for £400 for 2. How does that sound?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beverley, I think £400 for catered chalet and lift pass for 2 is OK. And Morzine is fine. I was there just after new year and would happily go back.
In general I don't think you have to worry about the snow in mid-March. But, as you say, you want 2 GOOD days: I would worry more about the weather. It doesn't look good for this weekend. (sorry to be a bit glum)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's ok Jonpim, I will be skiing Sat/Sun 20/21 March. I've booked it now and they seem very friendly.

One company I spoke to offered me a transfer/self-catering apartment ("not luxurious" in his words) over a bar for £370, so I think SkiMorzine are reasonable and the chalet looks good. We have the last room, a family suite - sounds roomy!

Am looking forward to it snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beverley - see thread on 4 word resort reviews. Jane and I have Morzined three times in the springtime (once actually was a place called Prodin - closer to Avoriaz) and each time it has rained - snowy wet is Ok but rainy wet I hate and thus no more Morzine for us.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oooops just saw your last post. Actually I lied. It is wonderful - no really excellent - quite the best place we have ever been.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welly Ski, you can remove a post if you want to.
And Spring don't start till April - you'll be fine Beverley. Get rid of your partner and I'll come too (reading glasses and receeding, but all my own teeth).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beverley wrote:
...private transfer, 2 night catered chalet with wine and ski pass for £400 for 2. How does that sound?

I wonder what the ski pass covers, the ski area extends way up and over the Swiss border. I'm sure you'll find some snow somewhere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been to Morzine a few times round Feb/Marc time. Last went about two weeks ago. Let Gets is fully linked with Morzine which is at its Northern side.

It is true that Avoriaz has plenty snow but you need to wait for a bus-converted train (just a car towing a few carriages) to get from one to the other. Lower section Avoriaz has no snow and cannot be skied down. Morzine slope is not facing the sun and was still OK while I was there.

The above part of Porte De Soleil is a couple of mountains away from the nearby town Cluses and has enjoyed good snow in the last four seasons at least. Should be enjoyable up to end of March I would expect.

For low altitude resorts the rain is a killer. I have seen Megeve disappear after only one day and Morzine will be in the same category but should do better because it quite isolated away from the population.

For ski pass one can get Morzine or Avoriaz or a more expensive one covering a sector. Porte de Soleil is not fully linked and it is not easy to cover a wide area in a day. Either Morzine or Avoriaz will take a full day to explore. Avoriaz is a massive green area (away is more challenging) whereas Les Gets/Morzine has a better variety of slopes. Personally I like Les Gets/Morzine more than any of the surrounding resorts, even though I haven't crossed the Swiss side of Porte De Soleil yet. Skiing wise Les Gets is a lot bigger than Morzine. The skiable area of Morzine is inside the Les Gets ski pass.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy