Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wonky feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

First post. Very Happy

My wife has wonky feet. She had operations on both a few years ago to straighten her big toes which were gradually pointing more and more inwards so although now her toes are straight, she suffers discomfort in the main joint where the big toe meets the main part of the foot. Getting normal shoes to fit and remain comfortable is difficult enough so I can only imagine how hard it will be to find ski boots for her given how crucial boots are to good skiing.

She has tried skiing before the operations, but only once, so it's hardly like she's used to the physical effort needed to sustain skiing for a day or two and I wonder how best to equip her for the slopes.

My question is can anyone recommend boots which are accommodating for less than great feet and/or any other products which could help?

Thank you in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jamesson, You are going to need a really good bootfitter and probably some custom insloes to make sure her feet are well supported.

Do you know if her discomfort is due to bending of the toe or is it due to pressure on the end of the toe?

She may actually find properly fitting boots more comfy once on than her shoes, possibly less comfy to get on though.

Where in the country are you? It would be worth discussing with CEM (Colin Martin) at Solutions4feet as he is highly reccomended on here

http://www.solutions4feet.com/

Welcome to snowheads Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jamesson, welcome to snowHead s
Agree with kevindonkleywood that if you can get to Bicester, CEM is worth visiting.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jamesson, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Might be worth tying together a podiatrist and boot-fitter service. Someone I know had severe bone placement issues and used the services of a podiatrist and ski-boot fitter to ensure the absolute best insole shape combined with optimum boot design to ensure best all-round solution. It worked in that particular case.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all for the welcomes and advice.

We live in Brighton, so it would be, what, a couple of hours to Bicester? Not too far away. I do hear good things about S4F though and am aware of how important it is to have proper footwear having once bought a cheap pair of boots which just about crippled me!

The pain is mostly due to bending of the toe, which is better than pressure at the end from a skiing perspective I suppose.

A consideration is that we go to S4F, spend a lot of money on the right equipment for her, it doesn't work for her and then it's money down the drain. On the other hand, anything less would also be money down the drain because that's practically guaranteed not to work!

I'll check the jamesson exchequer and see what I can do.

Thank you again for the advice. This looks like a great site with a distinct absence of text speak and morons. Little Angel I look forward to getting to know you all in due course.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jamesson wrote:
This looks like a great site with a distinct absence of text speak and morons.

Ohhhh, give it time...... wink Laughing

Good luck with the problem and finding the solution Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

absence of text speak and morons

You just dont know us well enough yet Toofy Grin

It sounds like someone like CEM may be able to help with more than just the ski boots so certianally worth a visit.
You will have to phone and book a slot with him though, as usual with good people he gets very busy and it would be a shame to travel and find he can't see you on that day.

Let us know how you get on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If the ski boot shell needs to greatly modified it might be worth going for custom made ski boots (e.g. Dale or Strolz)

http://www.daleboot.com/root.html

http://www.strolz.co.uk/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy