Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt, 3 June

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Only 1 lift open on Zermatt's glacier area at present, but it's the long Furggsattel chair that crosses the border (surprisingly they don't mark the last pylon in Switzerland and first in Italy).

Conditions were pretty fine today, with a generous width of the piste groomed and not too soft on top. The sheer scale and breadth of the glacier never fails to impress (though Tignes, Hintertux etc. are preferable for length and drama etc) and it has quite a reasonable pace on the steeper sections, but the worrying thing is the amount of ice receding and thinning near the Trockener Steg lift station. They've installed lines of snowguns up there, some for the last stretch of piste, others for the first section of the T-bar (which goes into operation for the summer ski season). For the moment, though, the skiing would be brilliant for anyone just wanting to work on technique, rhythm and flow because there's virtually no one skiing - maybe 100 skiers up there this morning in crystal clear weather conditions, diminishing to about 20 by the 2pm closure. There was just one Zermatt instructor, giving a private lesson to one pupil.

The Klein Matterhorn cablecar was promised for today, but there were electricians still working on it. It would only be for viewing at the moment as it happens.

I'll report some other developments in Zermatt on another thread.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, thanks for that. I was just thinking we get loads of great stuff from you about skiing but I hadn't seen you in Trips or Snow Reports and hey presto ....... enjoy. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy