Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How fit are you?

How do you get fit for your ski trip?
I smoke and/or drink a lot, & never exercise. Yes I'm a slob
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
I don't smoke or drink, but I don't exercise either
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
I exercise once in a blue moon
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
'Other sports' at least twice a week (see below)
21%
 21%  [ 13 ]
Yes, one of the categories only though (see below)
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Two categories (see below)
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
Three categories (see below)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
All four, I'm superfit (see below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Two or more + at least one other sport, I'm in great shape
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
All four + at least one other sport, I'm crazy
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Voted : 4
Total Votes : 60

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mountain biking up the local hills; hiking; a bit of pre-season glacier skiing when available. Does walking to the pub count as a category?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only if you just drink orange juice when you get there Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But I have a big poster at home that says 'Guinness is good for you'! Surely they're not lying?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I swim 3 times a week for 30mins and it definitely helps my skiing. I rarely get tired, except when jump-turning down a powder run. Word of warning when doing breast-stroke - it exerts a twisting force on the knees so can cause problems in some people (e.g. me) - so stick to a simple squat-thrust style leg motion with knees together, which is great for your legs and abs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be interested to know how many of the smoke/drink/never exercise brigade (1 in 10 snowHeads!) have actually done themselves serious harm on the slopes! Same for the 20% who only exercise once in a blue moon!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
I'd be interested to know how many of the smoke/drink/never exercise brigade (1 in 10 snowHeads!) have actually done themselves serious harm on the slopes! Same for the 20% who only exercise once in a blue moon!

I have Very Happy You were there, I was wrecked.......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's me - PG, Embarassed (without the smoking)
Really should be doing more (or should I say 'something') as we're off again in 5 days... Shocked
My only excuse would be, that we're still so new to this great adventure that we don't overexert ourselves. But that probably wouldn't wash, would it? Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, Me too, I just hide it well... Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You know, I was thinking about this the other day, I reckon driving a couple of hours then going straight up the glacier wasn't such a good idea, I normally allow myself time to adjust to the height.

I do find in the summer on glacier I need to take a little time to adjust, even then, a shortened day on the glacier leaves me really tired compared to normal skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It affects different people different ways too. I once took a rather cocksure teenage cousin up to 2 Alpes for the week. He was young and fit - but funnily enough each time on the way back down (rather than on the glacier itself) in the Jandri, he came very close to passing out. Only by the end of the week could he actually manage to hold a conversation as we headed back!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Takes me different ways on diifferent days as well, I've felt very short of breath on the Ag' du Midi in the summer and not noticed it when I've been lugging skis around on other days, I suppose on the ski days on preceeding days I'd been at reasonable heights as well which may help.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beverley, my resting heart rate is around 48. I couldn't reply on monday 'cos I had a huge hangover so HR was well up. Very Happy

It sounds fairly low (the nurse at the clinic referred me to the doc because of it) but he's a mate anyway and he told her it's because I'm lazy and don't have a stressful job Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy