Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zermatt blacks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ok peeps - need help again. You might remember my hubbie tried very hard to kill me in Val D'Isere/Tignes by taking me down Silene....
Well we're off to Zermatt in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me which are the "easy" blacks - and which I should say "no way" to.
You could be saving a marriage
(I managed Epaule du charvet; face and le foret ok - think it was the massive moguls on Silene that did me in) snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Black no 16 from Furgg down is 'easy'.

It is also a route home and it gets very crowded at the end of the day.

That is the reason for the grading rather than steepness.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The black - 1a (think this is the national) just off 1a from Blauherd, I found challenging (though I am just starting to explore blacks), but I didn't think it had any hidden nasties (put it this way, I did it 3 times). It joins onto 1b/1c which takes you all the way back down to Zermatt past the Olympia bar and a vin chaud. A nice way home and if the light is fading, all of Zermatt twinkles beneath you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with Latchigo and Beverley!

Black from Furgg to Furi is only black because it can get a bit 'worn' and does get very busy, no nasty surprises on it.

1a is the National and is steep but very wide, through the trees and usually has good snow.

Apart from those there are only a couple of others I think one very short one off Hornli (unpopular T bar!) and one from Areoleid to Furi. Haven't done either of these but I think they are ok.

I would say that the only ones to really avoid would be the former blacks off Stockhorn i.e. the infamous Trifji bumps! Though these have all been regraded as yellow 'downhill ski runs' for this year.

IMO the worst place on the whole of the 3 mountains is on run 20b Matterhornpiste which is a very easy and scenic red. The problem is that there is one steep and narrow section about 2 thirds of the way down the run. When we were there in Feb it had a large area of sheet ice (blue and glinting!!) at the top, was mogulled in the middle and was always chock full of people picking their way down the middle and wiping out! Made it very hard to negotiate!

You will know it when you find it!

Have fun, wish I was coming back Going green
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tenuous link I know but here goes:-

I had the misfortune of sharing a T bar in Zermatt 17 years ago with a very large and as it turned out racist South African. I struck up a conversation with him based around the tension and violence in his home country. He said " theres no tension or trouble with the blacks, we just shoot them!!!!"

I waited for a nasty bit of the T bar journey and pushed the Fitzwilliam off.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well done, Ken. You obviously frisked him for firearms first, from the sound of it.

Anyway, I'll pass the story on to Nelson Mandela next time I see him.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice work Ken, very funny too Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fitzwilliam!!! Where did that come from?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy