Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
lynnecha wrote:
Not me, but I have a SnowHeads sticker on my helmet and I'm here as well.... Laughing

The guy reminded me of George Mcgavin.

Anyhow, snow update.... is it's royally chucking it down right now, complete whiteout in Murren from firstlight. First time in over a week that it's been cold enough to settle on the trees. Looks lovely but is scuppering our last day Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finally eased off. Clouds are lifting. Forecast is for more snow between now and midweek. Heard the avalanche sirens in town for the first time a couple of days ago. (Lunchtime)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowed in Mürren with FL 1500m -

https://hoteledelweiss.roundshot.com/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sweet, cant wait and checking each web cam every 20 mins! Very Happy Less that a week and I'll be there! looks like more snow is forecast over the next few day along with a temperature drop so hopefully it tops the lower slopes up a bit!

Finally got round to getting some new boots after realising my old boots were way too big, turns out they were 2cm too long, but too narrow, also designed as beginner boots with a flex of 60! I have had them since I was 16 so I'm hoping to see an improvement in my style...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@oliverracing, Make sure you check out the Three Tells pub in Matten - 3 stops on the 105 bus from Wilderswil bahnhof. Good food & cheap(ish) beer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike wrote:
@oliverracing, Make sure you check out the Three Tells pub in Matten - 3 stops on the 105 bus from Wilderswil bahnhof. Good food & cheap(ish) beer.

Haha, yeah not 100% sure but think I went there a few years ago in the summer.

Having been to the area every year for the last 20 years we have our own favourite places, we quite like the pizzeria just next to the firstbahn in grindelwald (not cheap but nice), the brandegg restaurant always gets a visit each year, we always get a ice cream coupe from restaurant at the bottom of run 23 on first when it's open and the Wydi bar in wilderswill is where all my swiss relatives spend most evenings! We also end up going around the relatives houses in the area for at least 3-4 nights each time we're there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am really seeking a sense of how scary or not the black runs are as my son will be really keen and I am more cautious. We are both happy doing the black at Glas Maol at Glenshee - well when it isn't icy, if it is I do the red option. We are both competent skiers ( I just dont feel the need to go super fast!). Thansk for any advice
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never done Glas Maol at Glenshee, but watched a video of it and you shouldn't have a problem on most of the blacks in the area, the run down from the schilthorn and Kanonenrohr in Mürren, along with "oh god" up above Scheidegg are probably the hardest or steepest in the area if you are looking for ones to avoid initially. The Lauberhorn slalom course is also surprisingly steep, but not too long once you are committed and is probably one of my favourite runs when the snow is good.

The Lauberhorn race run is reasonably friendly although can get a little busy at peak times but only has one particularly hard section which is short (hundschopf) but can be a bit daunting with the rest being more like a steep red. I have taken young cousins down it as their "first black" and none have struggled too much
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agree with all the above. In general the skiing here isn't too difficult, but conditions make all the difference so on a good day a run like the Schilthorn will be an enjoyable romp, and on a bad (icy, poor viz) day a bit of a nightmare.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks so much for advice - really helps to get a sense of things. I totally understand there difference a "good day " makes. At Glenshee it can have changed completely by the time you get to the top of the run!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Started snowing at lunchtime while we were over at Mürren. Getting steadily heavier and looks set in for the day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow forecast.com has about 60cms due from today to weds in grindelwald which would be bloody lovely if it happens as we arrive weds for two days in Murren schilthorn and then a week at Grindelwald. Can't wait I love Jungfrau
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, been watching the forecast and web cams like a hawk over the past few days, grindelwald had gradually been getting greener until today's snow Very Happy

I've always found snow-forecast.com to be a little ambitious with it's predicted snowfall in the area, but wont complain if we do get 60cm!

Can't wait!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So far 15cm has fallen at an altitude of 2360m above Mürren with more to come
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still snowing on the way home from the pub snowHead
ski holidays
Still snowing, at least 30cm new snow in the village.
latest report
Another snowy, foggy day here. Very few people up the hill. Forecast is much nicer for the next few days and the coming week.
ski holidays
with much warmer temp Sad
latest report
It'll be nice to see the sun again, not seen it since last Friday Shocked
snow report
agreed but don't like the warmth...
snow report
Everything perfect at Männlichen today. Loads of new snow, few people.
ski holidays
Had a great time skiing up on Schilthorn today snow was superb plenty offpiste too. Black 10 from the top was excellent fun and a the pistes are deserted! Shame about the whiteout lower down around Murren and Gimmelwald but overall top day. The views from the top are simply stunning.
snow report
jirac18 wrote:
Had a great time skiing up on Schilthorn today snow was superb plenty offpiste too. Black 10 from the top was excellent fun and a the pistes are deserted! Shame about the whiteout lower down around Murren and Gimmelwald but overall top day. The views from the top are simply stunning.

glad you enjoyed it!
latest report
Thinking of a visit for a few days starting 19 March. I know a lot will happen before then, but based on current snow depths do you think that's a risky booking or not?
latest report
Current depths are pretty good, so get booking!
Here's the village slope this afternoon.

ski holidays
So I'm staying in Murren 19th Feb - 22nd Feb. Is there anyone here who'd fancy showing me some of the offpiste (or just a general ski, I'm not bothered) ? Going with my family who are younger and less experienced so they'll stick to the blue runs so it'd be awesome if there's someone around that period who I could ski with. Cheers!
snow report
isaacgibson wrote:
So I'm staying in Murren 19th Feb - 22nd Feb. Is there anyone here who'd fancy showing me some of the offpiste (or just a general ski, I'm not bothered) ? Going with my family who are younger and less experienced so they'll stick to the blue runs so it'd be awesome if there's someone around that period who I could ski with. Cheers!

Im arriving on the 19th. Won`t be skiing until the day after though. I`ll probably be up at Grindelwald First on the 20th.
latest report
Deedee wrote:

Im arriving on the 19th. Won`t be skiing until the day after though. I`ll probably be up at Grindelwald First on the 20th.

Pretty perfect here at the moment, you'll have a great week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Deedee wrote:
isaacgibson wrote:

Are you staying in Murren or another resort?
snow report
Perfect today, sunshine and lovely pistes.
snow conditions
OK, I'm persuaded - looks fantastic.

I am meeting a friend in Geneva on a Wednesday evening (we're going to La Plagne for four nights) and can leave London for Switzerland on the morning of Sunday 19 March. Thinking I should fly to Zurich armed with a transfer ticket to Wengen, which I can then also use to travel to Geneva on Wednesday afternoon (we have a private transfer from there to/from LP). A few questions please:

- can you suggest some hotels? Thinking the main priority is convenience for the lift/train given limited time, with the next most important thing being the atmosphere and the food. I'll be on my own (mid-30s guy) and reckon a half-board deal makes sense, but wouldn't want to be somewhere too formal where dinner takes ages. Budget is reasonable but not unlimited. I have done some research but the hotels all have decent reviews and claim to be convenient for the lifts.

- if I plan to ski Sunday afternoon, all of Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday morning, is the best thing to do to buy a 3-day pass in advance (with the discount) plus a half-day pass (at the lift?) when I arrive?

- worth booking hire equipment before I go, or just turning up to a shop at Sunday lunchtime? Which shop(s) to hire from?

No doubt will have further questions re which runs to check out, but maybe best to save those for when we have a better idea of how much snow there'll be at the time.

I have read all 61 pages of this thread btw Very Happy
latest report
tripowski wrote:

I have read all 61 pages of this thread btw Very Happy

then only another 188 to go Laughing
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=433
ski holidays
Hotels: For convenience for the lifts the hotels in the dorfstrasse are best. That's the Silberhorn, Victoria Lauberhorn, Sunstar, Bernerhof and Schönegg. A bit further out (but still only a few minutes walk) you have the Caprice, Bären, Edelweiss, Bellevue, Wengener Hof, Jungfraublick, Belvedere, Berghaus, Regina etc. Top of the nursery slope is the glitzy Beausite Park.

Personally I'd go for the Sunstar or the Silberhorn because I know the food's good (we ate out at the Silberhorn last night - yum).

Lift pass - check price of a 4 day pass vs 3 plus a half - 4 may be cheaper.

No need to pre-book equipment. Just look for the best price you can find online (probably Ski Set but check Central Sport too).
snow conditions
isaacgibson wrote:
Deedee wrote:
isaacgibson wrote:

Are you staying in Murren or another resort?

I`m staying in Interlaken so i can be anywhere really.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Deedee wrote:

Pretty perfect here at the moment, you'll have a great week.

2 weeks this time! Very Happy
snow report
Deedee wrote:

2 weeks this time! Very Happy

Woohoo! Very Happy
snow report
Conditions look good. Hoping the off piste isn't too over skied
snow report
Very heavy snowfall in Wengen this afternoon. Will make a real difference.
ski holidays
Yesterday's snow has definitely been a welcome refreshment to the pistes, currently on the way up first and it looks pretty nice.

Also looks like I'm going to be solo tomorrow as friends are all leaving tonight so if anyone wants to meet up let me know!
ski holidays
Bergfex predicting 50- 60 cm on 24 and 25 Feb - not supported by GFS ensembles at the moment though. Looking forward to my trip out there in a few weeks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy