Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, j2ski is reporting 55 cm on upper slopes and 25 cm on lower slopes
Find that hard to believe. Any accurate figures? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brian T wrote:
Hi folks, j2ski is reporting 55 cm on upper slopes and 25 cm on lower slopes
Find that hard to believe. Any accurate figures? Puzzled

Wouldn't believe any snow facts from J2ski as for the whole of November they had been stating Lauterbrunnen had a snow depth of 115cms and Murren had 30cms in the village...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brian T, Muren has about 15 cm in the village, Wengen has maybe 5cm on the village slopes and Grindelwald might have a coating at resort level (it may have gone already) as far as the upper slopes go First I think did pretty well the other day and may well have just over half a meter on the upper slopes, I certainly saw evidence of snowcat tracks on a webcam yesterday, Kleine Scheideg and Mannlichen have maybe 25cm of snow perhaps 30cm where it's out of the wind but as little as 10cm where it's been windblown, I can still see the grass just poking through in places so no piste bashers working there yet, the Schilthorn will have a bit more but it needs a good meter or so before they even think about opening that area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry guys but Abominable is coming to Wengen 11 Feb so you might want to look elsewhere that week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Checked out web cams just now and it looks as if there snow falling at Scheidigg. Hurrah! snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like Friday and Saturday will be the days for heavy snow fall at village level unless the FL rises

Sionvalais website are now stating on twitter and Facebook that Lauterbrunnen will be getting 46.5cm of snow on Friday.....I wish !!!!
http://sionvalais.com/

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 14-12-11 13:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had an email from my friend who lives in Wengen, and she said they have not had a big snowfall yet. Sad

I was there in Feb 99 too. Horrible Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skiing wise the latest information is that three lifts will be open at Scheidegg and from Birg upwards in Murren and that will be all till 24 Dec - message from friend working in Wengen this winter - not sure where it came from.............
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cut price ski passes then i hope Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Jungfrau website now states -
The decision, if wintersport lifts will be in operation from the weekend of 17 December will be communicated here during Thursday morning.
http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/ski-region

ps.. Pisten bully currently working on the nursery slopes of Mürren and its starting to snow again !!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes, They have piste machines in Murren? Are you lot going soft? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like 2 pistes at First, and 1 in Murren. Guess that means none in Kleine Scheidegg / Mannlichen Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yup, in Murren Allmendhubel and bobrun open (that's why the pisten bully was in the village last night) so far
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like the wind got busy yesterday at Kl Scheidegg and scalped some of the fresh snow off the top, I see it's currently snowing quite nicely in Wengen though, looks like there may be light snow all day today giving perhaps 10cm total in Wengen, Friday and Saturday however look very very promising with a potential total over the two days of maybe 50cm, there may be some very light snow Sunday as well, Monday looks like a no snow day and should give some nice skiing if I'm right about the fresh dump this weekend, then more light snow Tuesday night Wednesday morning, Christmas week looks like it will also give more snow although as always this is a long range forecast and things might change, if they don't another 30 to 40 cm is on its way which should refresh the slopes nicely for New Year
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And now DHO webcam stuck!
ski holidays
skilegs wrote:
And now DHO webcam stuck!

Arghhh! I'll make a call. If no joy I'll fix it when I get there tomorrow.
latest report
Have a good journey Mike and can't wait for your reports!
ski holidays
Just checked out the webcams of Murren and Wengen....its looking good !!

telford_mike, you are going to arrive and an amazing time...big dumps....(kodak moments !!)
latest report
Webcam back on, bags packed, taxi arriving in 20 mins, here we go! Smile Smile
snow conditions
Schilthorn - Piz Gloria Facebook page now states -

Please note: Due to the limited offer on the upcoming weekend (17th/18th december), the prices of the one and two-day ski passes will be reduced 30%. Have fun!
latest report
Oh dear, I have no idea where that weather came from, supposed to be cold and snowing heavily in light winds and all of a sudden the temps go up slightly and instead of heavy snow it looks like rain and where there's no rain the storm strength winds are taking away the snow Sad
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Oh dear, I have no idea where that weather came from, supposed to be cold and snowing heavily in light winds and all of a sudden the temps go up slightly and instead of heavy snow it looks like rain and where there's no rain the storm strength winds are taking away the snow Sad

omg................Mannlichen...3.3+
snow report
now ....2.4+
snow conditions
I hope it's just the edge of a weather system that's just passing through and that temps will drop later today, I think the Mannlichen is now snowing, certainly can see less grass than I could earlier, Wengen has rain though Sad Such a shame as last night there was I'd guess a good couple of inches of snow on the grass in front of the DHO webcam and it's all gone Crying or Very sad

There is supposed to be a change in wind direction around 15.00 local time which should bring a significant drop in temps in a matter of just a few hours, hopefully it will also drop the wind speeds from 50kph to something a lot slower have to wait and see I guess
ski holidays
I was very happy seeing the DHO webcam last night with all that snow and a friend in Murren texted me to say its snowing heavily...but look at it now.. Hope temps will drop (as they are predicting)
ski holidays
just landed at Zurich in a storm. very mild and chucking it down with rain. Airport pretty chaotic, loads of flights cancelled and everything that isn't cancelled is delayed.

Kindles are great, but crap for posting on SH!
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
just landed at Zurich in a storm. very mild and chucking it down with rain. Airport pretty chaotic, loads of flights cancelled and everything that isn't cancelled is delayed.

Kindles are great, but crap for posting on SH!

Lucky to get in then. Enjoy the train ride (double decker?)and hope the weather turns while heading to the JR..
snow report
Temps definitely falling now, still warm in Wengen but getting there, the staff at Kl Scheidegg must be expecting more snow as the snowplough has been out at the station for several hours now
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mannlichen 1.6+
ski holidays
Cancel or wait another 24 hours...........so depressed to see the webcams today...........was planning to start packing at the weekend. Time for a large drink!
latest report
skilegs, when were you due there ?
snow report
Mannlichen 0.3+
latest report
D G Orf, 23rd - KS webcam looks encouraging - just want temperature to stay low and wind to drop.
latest report
skilegs, my gut feeling is that some but not all of the slopes will be open a bit like I think it was 2000/2001 when some areas had been very windblown but I've been wrong before, may well be worth waiting 24 hours and seeing how and if things develop
ski holidays
Just been pleasantly informed its snowing now in Mürren but with strong winds!
latest report
Pouring with rain when we arrived, now snowing heavily, temp +1C.

The good news? Happy hour in Rocks at 9pm. It's goiing to be a chilly walk up from our place though.

Skiing? No transport at all...

latest report
Snowing in Wengen -

from www.wengen.com
twitter : wengenCOM
snow report
3D-maps of the Jungfrau Ski Region

worth a look !

Pistes, rail & cableways + sledge runs
http://www.jungfrau.ch/tourismus/3d-karte
snow report
Still snowing heavily, difficult to say how much has fallen as it's windy.

Deep enough for snow angels on the way back from the pub last night though!

ski holidays
Looks like the snow is still coming down heavily in Wengen with some 10 perhaps 15cm of Fresh outside the DHO, given that there was a stream running down the road there yesterday evening around 5pm that's an improvement, but it looks like there are still strong winds in the area which means that on one side of Kleine Schedegg station there are now snowdrifts at least 1 meter higher than yesterday evening whilst on the other I can still just see grass poking through on the edge of a ridge, snowdepth at Mannlichen and Kl Scheidegg is reported as being 40cm in the sheltered spots which I'd guess means no skiing yet, maye by tomorrow though if this snowfall keeps up, First and the Schilthorn are both doing much better so I'm guessing it's just a rotten wind speed and direction that's stripping so much snow of the middle ridge of peaks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy