Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell Am See Apres Ski

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Zell am See in about 3 weeks. Where is the best place to go for Apres Ski immediately from the slopes at the town level? I've heard it can be quiet. I was in Soll a couple of years ago and the Selvenstadl was hopping straight after skiing and had a good atmosphere. Not interested in pick up joints later on in the evening but I do like a bit of craic straight from the slopes Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you really need to walk down from the gondola into the pedestrianised zone - 5 mins. If you hire your gear at intersport in the village gondola station then it's fine to just unload your kit there and then ample down for a few ooh-jahs

Worked for me anyways Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks red 27, can you remember the names of any spots?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bovril_IRL, Surpringly Zell isn't great for end of afternoon apres. If you get a chance go to Saalbach - only about 45 mins on the bus from Zell and fantastic and widespread end of slope apres. Best place in Zell for what you want is Schapps Hans ice bar at the top of the Schmittenhoehe. Europop, dancing on tables etc. You can download onto the cable car straight from the bar. Other than that as red 27 says there are a few bars in the pedestrian area - Crazy Dazies is ok but a bit quiet when we were there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers pjd, heard that about the place on the top of the mountain but I have looked at the last cable down and it's relatively early and i'd imagine it's rammed on the last one or two down! Sounds like they could do with relocating the place at the top of the mountain to the centre of the town.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bovril_IRL, Crazy Daisies, near the Grand Hotel on the lift
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The one I liked was a little bar called something like 'inside-out' I think... one entrance onto the square and one onto the street behind it.

There's a Irish pub too of course but when in Rome...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bovril_IRL, If you go to Kaprun, there's a really good apres bar At Langwied, just by the gondola back to the valley - which from memory run quite a bit later than the Schmittenhoehe cable car. the Langwied one is at the end of a lovely but reasonably challenging red. it plays good loud Europop is very friendly and atmospheric and you can watch experts picking their way down a steep off piste area in front of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Zell there's an umbrella bar right at the base where the City Express lift is. It's not a bad spot for watching people come down at the end of the day. The run gets very bumpy & watching people navigate that can be fun. I also like the Einker bar which is opposite the City Express lift. It can be quiet at times & other times very busy. Just varies on the night
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@farlep99 - is that umbrella bar part of a sport hotel would you know? I have heard there is a sport hotel at the end of the slope.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As said, Crazy Daisy's is the main one but it was quiet when we were there in late Jan 2011. The Irish bar is ok, but unfortunately we struggled for apres in Zell, there just isn't much. Unusual for Austria.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@farlep99 - is that umbrella bar part of a sport hotel would you know? I have heard there is a sport hotel at the end of the slope.

Yeah that's the one
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers for the replies guys. Much appreciated.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been there for the last two years and loved it. Umbrella bar is the best for Apres ski, with crazy daisies and a couple of others good later in the evening. If you end up skiing back down towards the city express lift the bar at the top of it has quite a good gathering at the end of the day, a lot of the ski schools finish there, and people get the last lift down. The bar at the bottom right hand side of the slope down from there can be good as well, but a bit hit and mis.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dieles.. off the main square is good , I think the umbrella bar near the City Express is part of the Alpina Sport Hotel..We have not been there but it looked good some days but on other days there seemed to be no one there??maybe this was change over day.
snow conditions
Would definitely recommend visiting the bar off to the right of the final slope at least once (you'll need to take 12b to get there) as it's an experience...
Usual haunts were the Gin House umbrella bar as that was always fairly busy early on, then there's Crazy Daisy's for later (busier outside than inside usually) and O'Flannigans was fairly lively too. I never knew there were so many Swedish fans of Leeds United until I walked in there.

Unfortunately all the places were a bit hit and miss when I was there last week; some days busy and other days not which I found quite unusual! In all a bit disappointing for apres.
latest report
Was in Hinterglemm last week; apres ski as good as ever at the Goassstall. If apres is a key priority, then Saalbach- Hinterglemm is only 45 mins away - a nice ski area too.
snow conditions
Thanks guys.
pjd, I do enjoy apres ski but I don't know if I'd go to the lengths of getting a bus there! Smile

Will look out for this umbrella bar as is recommended a lot.
snow report
bovril_IRL, Point taken but if you buy a Kitzbuhler Alpin All Star ski pass you can have a day out there if you fancy a change from Zell Little Angel
snow report
There is a new bar in Zell am See since 2018 that's called OFF PISTE BAR. We're bringing back the "dance on the tables" aprés ski to Zell am See. We are a skiers built For Skiers - By Skiers do live music aprés ski every day. Check us out at www.offpistebar.com on facebook.com/offpistebar or instagram.com/offpistebar.

Simon - co-founder of OFF PISTE BAR - the No.1 Aprés Ski Bar
snow report
@offpistebar, welcome to Snowheads, but a bit of a poor show to reopen a six year old thread just to promote your business. Unless of course you're planning on offering a discount to Snowheads? snowHead
ski holidays
Hello Tubaski,

You've got to do what you've got to do, right? Smile And if that includes discounts to Snowheads-members, then that's of course what we should do. If any Snowheader is ever in Zell am See and visits the OFF PISTE BAR aprés ski I'm happy to hand out discount cards on beers and spritzers.

Cheers!
latest report
Juast bumping this topic up to see if anything has changed!

@offpistebar, I will be holding you to that, I'll be visiting Zell in March so will pop in and gratefully claim my discount, hopefully it'll be a good place. I love a bit of live music for apres ski Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

We will pop into Schapps Hans ice bar, but not for long as OH will be on foot and I don't fancy drinking more than one beer before skiing a black run down.

Is the umbrella bar at the bottom still good?
snow report
Schnapps Hans (if you have to....), Breiteckalm then Ebenbergalm. Haven't made apres in town for years!
snow conditions
Had a banging time in the umbrella bar this afternoon!

I’ve been very impressed with the Zell apres in the last couple of days.
latest report
@offpistebar, see you on 11th Feb Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy