Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

greatest apres ski bar in the world

Poster: A snowHead
Has Farinet in Verbier's "apres" bar been mentioned? If not it should be. Brilliant atmosphere and the sliding roof!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HoneyBunny wrote:
tatmanstours wrote:
@HoneyBunny, As a matter of interest, how much is a beer at the Folie Douce, and at Cocorico?

I think 7.5 Euros in the Folie (massive rip-off, never have more than one drink in there - but you're paying for the cabaret too). I don't drink beer in Cocorico so I don't know, but it's 30 Euros for a bottle of white wine.
love them both we were there for the first time last year. I know the Folie is right next to the Daille bubble, but loads were trying to ski down after they'd had a skin full in there, perhaps its a good thing the ale is so expensive!

La Folie is epic, especially when you ski over the top of the ridge and down to it.

Coco Rico is a lot smaller / cosier, just as crazy but a lot more personal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nikis Stadl Ischgl ... fab bar 🍺 🎉 🎼. Haven’t been for a looonnng time, need to go back.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although there are some great individual places for apres, there are only a handful resorts IMHO that offer a variety of great apres hang-outs from penultimate run through until the small hours:
1. Zermatt
2. Ischgl
3. St Anton
4. Chamonix
5. Kitzbuhel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ToodlePoo wrote:
Nikis Stadl Ischgl ... fab bar 🍺 🎉 🎼. Haven’t been for a looonnng time, need to go back.

It's still going strong, despite Niki passing away a couple of year's ago.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Seems a huge thumbs up for Austrian resorts in this 6 yr old thread... A country I am yet to ride in Shocked Shocked Shocked

Must get there soon!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't remember the name but the place at the bottom of the sasslong is good for a knees up
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Murrmel in St Anton got pretty lively when I was there last week when the Irish guy with the guitar started playing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you mean Gunar? He's not Irish! Loved the apres in there, great fun. Much better than when he used to play the Kandahar bar.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry wrote:
Clachaig
Was about to post several lines of HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to this but then remembered I met my wife in there so I can’t really criticise. Still, nice joke
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The huge place on the slope in Heavenly where you go in and there’s about 200 skiers getting rowdy, and within 30seconds a lovely barmaid rocks up with a tray, a beaming smile and a “hey how y’all doin ?! Ready for some beers ?”
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The backroom at the Hofstadl in Flachau was complete and utter madness last week.
Best place I have ever partied.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's a long time since I've done anything approaching partying whilst on hols, but the Café Face in Val D'Isere holds happy if slightly hazy memories. I think I recall very cheap beer immediately after getting there (5pm?) with a doubling of price every hour, with the price change heralded by the barman playing a rousing tune on his saxophone.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm surprised there isn't more mentions for the Nederhutte, Obergurgl here. The owners rock band, the Nederlumpen are amazing.

Other than that, most of my favourites are in St Anton. Heustadtl, Griabli, Murmell (or wherever Gunar is playing in a particular season) are great for live music straight after skiing. The Mooserwirt of course in infamous and must be visited at least once on a trip there. The underground is nice for food later and some relaxed music - just be careful not to upset the owner.

Ischgls great too, but not been there for a long time so I don't remember the names, except the Kustall, and the Elisabeth Eisbar at the bottom of the homecoming slope.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stumbled across this topic whilst looking for something else. I need to revise my list.

1) Cocorico, Val d'Isere. Simply the greatest apres party ever, with a wonderful view of La Face.
2) The Hinterhag Alm, Saalbach. Crazy Austrian apres at its insane best.
3) The Kitzloch, Ischgl. Just hilarious fun, every single time.
4) La Folie Douce, Val d'Isere. OK it's full of "Look-At-Meeeeees" and it's silly expensive, but it's still an experience and a sight to behold.
5) Murrmel Bar, St Anton. Gunar gets the place absolutely rocking. Dancing on the bar, singing your lungs out. Epic fun.
6) The Mooserwirt, St Anton. Legendary.
7) The Moris, Val d'Isere. Brilliant live bands most nights and I love an afternoon apres sesh with Mike and Richie.
ski holidays
latest report
Gunar in picadilly yes, but sadly not in Murrmel.
Schwarzacher and Goastahl in hinterglemm definitely up there.
Griabli in St Anton years ago was amazing but not sure if it's as good now - not as much live music and what they offer is not as good as in previous years.
"La Folie Douce, Val d'Isere. OK it's full of "Look-At-Meeeeees" and it's silly expensive, but it's still an experience and a sight to behold". Same goes for Mooserwirt. Sadly Mooserwirt has put profitability before customer experience - ie serve crappy beer
Kuhstal in Ischgl deserves a mention too. Pumping apres
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny,
Quote:

2) The Hinterhag Alm, Saalbach. Crazy Austrian apres at its insane best.

I'd just mention that the Spitzbub in Saalbach is a rising star, especially on Tuesday and Thursday early evenings, when geordie entertainer, Spacey, is doing his thing. I took 'kooky' and 'scarpa' there one night (the Hinterhag was rammed), and they rated it very highly indeed.

And, talking about craziness, the Underbar can also be bordering on insane.
snow report
Nederhutte Obergurgl
ski holidays
Speaking of the dancers at Piz Seteur, they appear at the bar at the top of the cable car from Campitello too, which is also a great bar to finish the day in if your knees have had enough.

Also the Hexenkessl in Tux.

And the old Bruck n Stadl in Mayrhofen before it became a enormous barn
latest report
boabski wrote:
Same goes for Mooserwirt. Sadly Mooserwirt has put profitability before customer experience - ie serve crappy beer

Just ask for a bottle of Tegernseer. No point in serving decent stuff to folk who use it to wash down Fliegender Hirsch Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The backroom at the Hofstadl in Flachau was complete and utter madness last week.
Best place I have ever partied.

I was there on Saturday afternoon. I quite agree with you Frosty Cool Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy