Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

English & Welsh Skiing - 20/21 (New season name change)

Poster: A snowHead
Great photos, don't see conditions like that very often.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@telford_mike, Cheers, Better than even 2010 in terms of depth and quality of snow. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long again Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
27th December 2017

Snow back on the local hills to make a 5th day of 'skiing' this month. Across the valley this time from All Stretton to walk up to the golf course in time for the sunset. The foot path usually holds enough snow to skin up on to the tops.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 27-12-17 21:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

<< Poppy, skulking on the 12 tee.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-12-17 21:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:

^^ Not bad for Shropshire...

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well played 👏
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mike Pow, Cheers Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One of the Snowdonia splitboard regulars out in Derbyshire yesterday:

Derbyshire from West Coast Surf Shop
https://vimeo.com/255431188
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@AndAnotherThing.., Any idea where in Derbyshire that was? currently snowing down in Macclesfield so there could be more turns to be had.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@frozennose, I understand it was above Hayfield.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a drive over to Snowdonia yesterday for a look see and skin up. Although the web cams suggested more snow then there was, I managed turns for a few hundred meters vertical on the Carneddau.

<< Some locals watching on below the snow line. Descendants of the old mining ponies now free range.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like it's started in South Wales with MikePow's thread kicking off.

This week we saw some snow in Snowdonia but not enough to warrant the 2 hour drive from here. My go to links for conditions are:

https://ogwen-rescue.org.uk/webcams/

^^ Looking down the A5 towards Y-Garn. The Carneddau on the right.

http://myndcam.com/

^^ My local hills.

http://llansadwrn-wx.info/ice/snow.html

^^ A site recording the snow fall in Snowdonia.

The facebook UK ground conditions group is pretty handy too.

It turns out that the Carneddau ponies are a breed in their own right.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
28th December 2020

I finally managed to break out the ski touring kit for some turns on our local hills. The North path up the Lawley has always looked appealing, quite wide but grassy. The down side is the parking is problematic as it turned out so today.

^^Snow from the start

^^ Dog enjoys the touring

^^ Classic(?) Volkl Karmas relegated to rock skis. A light set up though.

More snow is forecast so with luck some steeper ground will come into condition.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent!
Meanwhile here in North Wales, plenty of cover, but locked down, so a no go unless for a specific set of reasons for travel.

latest report
Excellent

Tree skiing Smile
snow report
Another dump about 6am in Derbyshire this morning. Had one car abandoned outside already and the police are advising not to travel.

Loads of idiots from Sheffield and Manchester asking about the best places to come and bring their kids sledging on the local Facebook pages.
snow conditions
You could almost pretend the power lines are a chair going up!

snow report
Cat and Fiddle

snow report
Thanks guys.

@russ_e,The same front rolled through here this morning with snow here in my Village. I might have a wonder out soon and see how it looks for tomorrow.
snow conditions

ski holidays
@russ_e, Where abouts are you in the Peaks. I've never made it over to ski but Leek is only an hour away for me. Any suggestions for likely slopes ?
ski holidays
29th December 2020. The Wrekin.

Close, but no cigar. I was hoping the paths might have covered with the mornings snow but not quite. A few turns at the top but the rocks stopped play. If we get some more, it should be possible to ski a couple of hundred meters for vertical.
latest report
Markhandford wrote:
Excellent!
Meanwhile here in North Wales, plenty of cover, but locked down, so a no go unless for a specific set of reasons for travel.

I see a fair few have been out on the Carneddau. Lucky locals I guess.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
@russ_e, Where abouts are you in the Peaks. I've never made it over to ski but Leek is only an hour away for me. Any suggestions for likely slopes ?

We are between Bakewell and Over Haddon so lots of little hills you could spend an hour going up and down but nothing great. With regards to Ski Touring, I'm not really sure to be honest. Mam Tor might be good, Kinder Scout or Win Hill too.

It's not very high around here unfortunately but there is still some snow left today and more forecast tomorrow. It's really busy at the moment so if you want to park up you will need an early start!
latest report
@russ_e, Mam Tor and Winnats Pass are on my list Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy