Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
Start time confirmed for the first run as 09:30 CET, but it is looking pretty foggy on the Ice Box! Second run currently scheduled for 1245 CET.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samerberg Sue, I've made a bit of an a"se and put in a new team (briand) at the beginning but am using briand6868 aka Master Blaster for my picks - briand should fade away can't see any way of deleting it though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh well... I made my ten picks and it seems to be working...likekooky, I don't have a clue what's going on lol

Looks wonderful their today. When the sun came out, it looked picture card. These new skis are causing some havoc.

Looking forward to the 2nd round now.

Signed up to Eurosport online to watch it...at £4.99 a month ( no contract ) it seems a good deal.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pee'd off I didn't include Adam Zampa in my top 10... I was so close to adding him, as I was really impressed with what i saw in NZ. He's definately one to watch this year...especially in SL.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Waiting for database to update. Did a bit better in mens GS (4 of 10 picks, plus I called the winner) than the women's GS (3 of 10 picks). Still some anonymouses - would be nice to know who my opponent was this week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone else get a random "come and play with me" invite from someone in France, for another league? Nice to see all the email addys in the "To" field (I think 1-2 might be sH?)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy,
Quote:

Anyone else get a random "come and play with me" invite from someone in France,

Nope, damn....I miss all the fun wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andy, I had a random invite as well thinking it was from another snowHead. But I thinkit is a load of racers from Sölden Shocked gulp! I accepted in a moment of rashness and am now going t be their own official lame duck! Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone know how the scoring works? In the ladies race 4 of my top 10 came in the race top 10 in the wrong order and I scored 18.5, in the mens 5 of mine came in the top 10 and I seem to have scored 0.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
think they're still crunching away? it's sussed that I've made 2 sets of picks, but my score for the mens is still blank rather than 0. and every entrant was listed as joint 1st.

the example scoring given in the help page looks wrong to me.

18.5 would be 3 picks from 10 (15pts) with 1 exact (3.5pts)?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahh no doubt it will get sorted
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hope so... I got 3 picks in the top 10 in the mens and it's given me zero points wtf!!! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No score against mine at the mo but guessed it had given me 0 as my average has halved.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy, the team placing seem very odd to be honest but I'm sure it is just yet another bug that will be sorted out. So far it looks like the Hopefuls did pretty good (thanks to Briand6868 more than anything else I think) snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There seems to be numerous bugs on their. Some results show, then others don't.
snow report
Looks to me like some guy has to manually enter results or something, and manually update the database table by table, while probably busy sorting out "how the heck does this work?" questions. Looks like the database tables are slowly being filled. Maybe the guy is based in NY?
ski holidays
Poor sod crunching numbers all day... You'd think in this day and age....
snow report
OK folks, don't forget to make your selections for Levi this coming weekend.

Does anyone know any insider info about the race or racers? I know that Neureuther has apparently had a serious back problem, slipped disk being mooted in the local press. Be canny with your picks if you can.

I think the participant lists will be published sometime this week for each race, but the real teller is the bib number list which is published on Friday evening for the ladies and Saturday for the men. You can get a copy of these lists from here: http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.html?event_id=31523&cal_suchsector=AL

I'm still completely lost as to how the scoring for the leagues works as the points listed do not seem to bear any relationship to the position except for the leading league. But let's just play amongst ourselves to see how we come on. I'm out all day Saturday and Sunday next weekend, so my picks have already been made and I'll make any adjustments as I get the news about injuries and illnesses. Bib numbers may be helpful for the ladies late on Friday night but I'm not sure I'll be able to make any changes for the men's race.
snow report
Samerberg Sue, It's still confusing me this league. My scores and placings don't correspond. One stat say's one thing...another says something else. Not really worried as i didn't do too well in Solden. 12.00 and 18.00 respectively.

Look out for Adam Zampa in SL.
snow report
Maybe the guy's abacus wore out?

Certainly seems to have awarded the points for the 2 races, and the average looks right, but rank, total score, etc. are still wrong (unless it's implemeneting the maths in a totally weird way), and men's GS doesn't seem to have been linked to discipline yet either. Oh well still nearly a week before the next races.
snow conditions
Asked about the overall leauge table on facebook and got this reply so hopefully we will see our correct place in the table before the next race!

"There are a couple mistakes on the statistics page. The overall isn't showing up and the leagues leaders should be sorted by points. The developers are back logged with other projects but I'm really hoping that all will be taken care of by Friday."
snow report
Seems some more stats are creeping in to the system now, but still not totally convinced. Guess it will take them some more days to fix it fully, but it seems to be getting there.

Apparently for the 2 races I was 203rd and 348th in one place, but 439th overall. Somehow in another place it says I was 489th in both. Will be interesting after 5 races since I think the rank is the average of your 5 best race scores. Seems odd, but you could miss half the season, or pick teams just for the discipline you care about, and still do well over all, but not within a league.
snow report
Vonns out on the weekend.
snow report
spud, And Neureuther is back from his back injury as is Kostelic. Maria Riesch has hip and thumb problems "apparently" but I'm not sure how much is gamesmanship with her sometimes. In the summer we were reading reports of her retiring as she had lost the drive! Laughing

Missillier is out with a thigh injury which is a shame I'm not sure how strong the French men's technical squad is to be honest. They seem to have a fair few injuries one way or another.

Still no list of participants on the FIS calendar site. The ladies list will probably be put up tomorrow with the bib numbers.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Yeah...not sure what to do with Riesch. She's got a good record at Levi, but reports say she's not fit.

I'm going to leave her out of my top 10. Knowing my luck she'll win rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
spud, That's what I've done as well - I know I'll regret it in the long run too! Laughing
snow report
Samerberg Sue, Well that did us a load of good Laughing rolling eyes

I only got 4 in the top 10.

Shriffin one of them snowHead That girl is going to be the new sensatiion. When i saw her in New Zealand, she was a different class.

Zampa for the men is another... watch out for him Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
5/10 with one in the predicted position
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got 7/10 with one in the predicted position! I think probably we all got caught out by Marlies Schild going out in the first run! Laughing

I had a suspicion that Riesch was playing gamesmanship! But I hedged my bet and kept her in the top 10. I did not reckon Shriffin would do so well - she is an amazing young talent. I had her in the top 10 though. The Austrians and Südtirolers had a nightmare didn't they! Shocked
latest report
nice

Schild was indeed my #1. Poutianian (+/- a few letters) was my #2.

Had been looking for someone outside of top30 to include for a gamble, since there's some reasonable points of they score a top10.

Oh and when did Tina Maze become Argentinian?
ski holidays
andy, Dunno about Tina but the system has me as Argentinian as well and won't accept any changes!
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, 6 out of the 10 for me but none right, needed Tina to do one better and Marlies caught me out as well!
latest report
Just checked the F.I.S. Site and Mario Matt disqualified !!!! for what ? Had him for 3rd place Puzzled A little reprieve though - wifey away in best friends house, KIDS QUIET MUNCHING ON BACON BUTTIES, poached eggs and bacon for me, real coffee, still in the dressing gown, feet up, Eurosport HD on and looking forward to the second run - the neighbours think I'm nuts...... I AM !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Better result today. 6 in top 10. Very Happy

Thought the Swedes would do well.

33.50 points. 44th overall for that race.

Think as a league we're in the 60's.
snow report
Grr. had 7/10 at one point then seem to have ended up with 24 points.

As a league, we might be 14th, up from exactly mid table (did a cut/paste and sort in spreadsheet, since they still cba to fix that table)
ski holidays
24 for me as well
latest report
Blast - anyone know why Mario Matt was disqualified? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I ended up with 6/10 but did have the first two spot on and a couple of others. I'm furious with myself that I did not stick with Moelgg as well, I stupidly swopped him out from exactly his finishing point early this morning DUH!

I still don't understand the league positions though - how can a team with fewer points than most lie in second place? The way I see the points we should be somewhere in the top 10 in the league list. Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Blast - anyone know why Mario Matt was disqualified ?

The report on Ski Chrono says that it was because his bindings were too high.
snow conditions
rjs, thanks - what a bugger. Where was Matt lying after the first run and before he was disqualified? I bet some poor technician is going to get an earful as a result.

If I had not played around with my selections this morning before going to choir, I'd have had the top four all correct! rolling eyes I've just found my list from yesterday where I checked start numbers against my positioning!
snow conditions
I think they just haven't sorted the league positions table (yet). That's what I inferred from their reply on fb. I sorted the table and it claims we're 14th of 75, but there are loads of teams with scores fractionally more or less, so expect it to go up and down quite a bit.

Also swapped Moelgg, but did swap for another top10 finisher.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy