Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need ideas for 2005! Wanting to take our 5yr old too!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Welcome, Glynis! Sorry, I sounded like one of those mad people you meet on holiday and when you say you're from England they ask if you know their second cousin who moved there in 1963! But Vlado sounded as if he was the major of Bansko, or head of marketing in the tourist office, or something important like that, so I thought you may have come into contact. As Ian said, Vlado was very enthusiastic. Whatever the thread was about, "my boots don't fit", "what is the best way to wax skis?", he would chime in with, "whatever the problem, Bansko will be brilliant" Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi again, I am pleasenly surprised that the Bansko topic here is still going on. That keeps my enthusiasm alive. The reason why I am still enthusiastic is that Bansko is still a good choise. Even the construction business is enlarging and the hotels are apearing like mushrooms Bansko still keeps its uniqueness.
I am running a small enterprise www.banskotravel.com and I know Glyniss because we have met few times. She knows me too or maybe she had forgoten it but that doesnt make sence too much. The importance of this topic is that British people are comming to Bansko constantly now and it seems that the busienss is enlarging year by year. That was the mater of my initial presentation here in this forum 2 years ago and the fact that this talk is still going on is positive.
I have noticed that the people in this forum are keen or recommendations.
Here is a fascinating short story covered with excellent pictures about the last season in New Zealand, Canada, Iran, Russia and Bansko. It is written by our Norwegian friends from www.bigtrix.com. The riders from BIGTRIX are all professional riders on alpine skiis and telemark. They have been all over the world from Alyaska to the Andes and to New Zealand etc. and still you can read it at: http://www.bigtrix.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=614
and also here at: http://www.bigtrix.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album210&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I hope that we will continuing the Bansko topic with more detailed information and hope that there are other people here in this forum that are also enthusiastic about keeping the talk on.[/url]

[/url]
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp, If you will go with Last REsort !!!!! Why don't you like it for the kids? Loads of ski-ing right in resort for nippers, elastic trampoline, face painting and clown days (all resort stuff - not TO). Of course with First Choice you will have used the ESF ............ 'nuff said.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fruity, I have heard that Chamrousse is very good for families, and it should be a short ride from Chambery airport. I don't think any British TO's go there though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Fruity,

You should have a look at www.morealps.com - my partner and I are owner/runners and would offer great discount to your five year old. La Rosiere 1850 sounds like it could be right for all your needs and our chalet will quickly feel like a home from home.

Best Regards,

Dan and Sarah Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fruity, I seem to have failed to make ny usual recommendation of N.America, esp. Canada, and more esp. Banff, for skiing with kids (or without, for that matter). In Banff, the instruction is excellent and there's a slopeside creche which offers 1 or 2 short lessons each day if your nipper's not up to a full day, or gets knackered after a few days. Plenty of skiing for one and all, eps with L.Louise and Norquay.

You're not keen on long haul (who is?); we took our kids to California when they were (just) 4. I thought it would be the worst 12 hours of my life, but it was fine. We've flown to Calgary every year since (except this year we flew to Denver), no probs. A few books, a Walkman with stories, a Gameboy, maybe even a portable DVD or a laptop if the airline doesn't offer a choice of vid, no problems. Go for it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.hillwood-holidays.co.uk.

simply the best.

Bob (repeat hillwood customer)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 FOR GLYNNIS AND HER HOTEL , Great people ...and if your into Mountain biking come over in the summer
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

You win the prize....!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whats scary is that 5yo will now be 17!!!! now I feel old!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@winterfunman, That said - I am popping out to bansko at the end of november - not for skiing, but just out of general curiosity and a walk around Happy - popping out for 4 days, 3 nights, hiring a car and driving down.

We will see if all the doom and gloomers are talking out of their backsides, or whether bansko is ok.

I have a thing for visiting places in November and April when ski resorts look rubbish. If they seem ok when its damp, cold, expanse of concrete which most ski resorts are now, then it'll look lovely in the summer or depths of winter Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
albob wrote:

You win the prize....!

A special prize given the year is in the thread title. rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Whats scary is that 5yo will now be 17!!!! now I feel old!

He’ll be 18 in two months! And still loves to ski! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy