Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Haha

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-01-13 23:22; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
--

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 10-01-13 23:22; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charliebigpotatoes wrote:
Mrs Monium, So thats settled then - cage fight with Carrie from Mythbusters and winner gets Mr Monium

I think it is important that nobody goes away feeling like a loser, in true primary school sports day fashion, so I am prepared (as a special dispensation) to be kept by the winner but give the loser a consolation shag just to show there are no hard feelings.

There were concerns expressed over dinner last night that Mrs Mythbusters might be preggers. Mrs M considered that to be an advantage, as she would be heavier, but I suspect that we couldn't stage a proper street fight with pregnant women involved. So it would have to be greco-roman wrestling to decide it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zombie Si wrote:
I couldn't believe the sense of entitlement of the tosser who fell across the skis of the yellow panted one on a practically empty 300m wide slope, and asked me 'what my problem was !'

More amusing, as a brief interlude to me sweating my backside off in an unexpected "powder to the balls" moment was hearing you answer the question.

Final slightly more serious question, on the basis we saw many of our blue jacketed chums skiing off piste around the mountain, I thought from recent threads that SCGB guides were not off piste guides? If so, what were their leaders doing taking groups of skiiers off piste during the assessment jolly? Either they were being assessed on something they were never going to be required to do (go off piste) or their guides are taking people off piste and therefore need a whole stack of badges to do so surely?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
--

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 10-01-13 23:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Uh Oh...Comedy Goldsmith, you seem to be forgetting the element allured to in the first part of your username... wink

Just saying Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Comedy Goldsmith, so they are guides, but not guides in the sense that my insurance would cover me for skiing with them. Ho hum, back to hiring an actual guide for offpiste skiing then.

I still don't see what the £65 gets me. I get discounts on gear, holidays and all kinds of other stuff by just being a member here, for free, or by paying about £30 to be a super special lovely Snowhead I get even better discounts and offers and stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax wrote:
snowHead 's GOLD !!

+1 Ahhh... this thread is good for the soul... Laughing Laughing

and such a lovely colour... rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Schuss in Boots wrote:
flangesax wrote:
snowHead 's GOLD !!

+1 Ahhh... soul... Laughing Laughing

and such a lovely colour... rolling eyes

FIFY
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
haha (again)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
--

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 10-01-13 23:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Contrast this with the situation in the early winter of 2003-4, when hundreds of people were posting daily on the SCGB forum, within a browsing community of thousands.
The overall userbase at the time was in the region of 2500.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Comedy Goldsmith, on the SCGB home page, right down at the bottom there is a link to the forums. OK it's not in your face, but not really hidden away either.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
--

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 10-01-13 23:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
^
Mad as a box of frogs, but quite cute. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Ch'as...seul, you were nearly right sweetie... So very nearly... wink
latest report
Rear Entry Boots, grrrrr Laughing
latest report
Please can we have a "gold" section. Especially for those long hot summer days lying by a pool in Mexico ?
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Quote:
As trained volunteers, Leaders offer their time to Ski Club members, introducing some of the UK’s most dedicated snow fans to the freshest powder, the quietest slopes and the best times on snow.

Source: http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiclubleaders/becomeaskiclubleader/leadingmembers.aspx#.UNGlqKx7TTo

[/quote]

That's very interesting. Are they a club or a commercial organisation? That sounds like the kind of hyperbole some corporate marketing department would come up with. Do other clubs use that kind of language?
ski holidays
Can someone please explain why Comedy Goldsmith, appears to report these issues with such political correctness and vehemence and as though he is personally involved in some way. Is he?
latest report
Megamum, he is a sad old obsessive who persists in having some sort of boring feud with the sk! club. I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 19-12-12 20:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Megamum, he is a sad old obsessive who persists in having some sort of boring feud with the Tea Club. I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes

This..... Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes
Err, sorry but I've actually found this topic rather amusing Confused

Am I a bad person?
ski holidays
admin, +1
ski holidays
admin, Pedantica, careful, you'll become as dull as Goldbore. Let it lie, FFS. Whatever it was in the first place and if anyone can even remember. It's worse than a parish council meeting. rolling eyes
snow report
Lizzard, why are you even looking at this thread? rolling eyes
latest report
Pedantica, I'm waiting for a snow report to load.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
this hurts my eyes.

latest report
Oh its changed, it was all bright pink.
snow report
Why do they call it the 'Tea Club'?
snow conditions
Megamum, after most AGMs they bake scones and biscuits.
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
Why do they call it the 'Tea Club'?

It is still known as 'The Gas board' by a lot of my friends
latest report
Smokin Joe, I guess if you are in with the 'in crowd' then it's not a mystery, but that at least solves one question. I'm still puzzled as to interest our friend above takes in all the issues. The way he presents things, its as though he has some sort of personal connection to it all that really baffles me Puzzled

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 19-12-12 21:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Megamum, I think that Smokin Joe was joking. It's called that - derogatorily - because it rhymes with Ski Club and because it reflects what's considered to be a cosy, middle-aged, old-fashioned image.
David did have a close, personal connection with the Club for very many years. In fact I think he described his connection earlier in this thread. He fell out with them and I imagine that was fairly upsetting. There's nothing particularly baffling about any of this.
latest report
Pedantica, I did wonder about a possible rhyming link, and a sort of 'tea in the afternoon' image - thank you.

Quote:

There's nothing particularly baffling about any of this.

Except maybe his continued infatuation with them given that, if he fell out with them, then he should no longer feel the need to be concerned with them or their history, or Snowheads either, surely?

Comedy Goldsmith, maybe, for your own sanity, you should wean yourself off them?
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes
Err, sorry but I've actually found this topic rather amusing Confused

+2

admin wrote:
Am I a bad person?

Laughing
latest report
All this nostalgia had me missing JWAZ as well for a moment there. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Laughing
latest report
Quote:

snowHead 's GOLD !!

Looks more like snowHead 's custard on my screen. except when it's kind of a cross between peach and butterscotch instant whip. Wink Did manage to get it more like ski pants yellow at one point but it seems to have stopped that now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy