Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to arinsal or pas de la casa in 2003/04 ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
have the chance of a deal march 7th staing at Hotel Montane, Arinsal or Phoebus Hotel in Pas. Would really appriciate any info on either of these. not sure if Arinsal is abit resricted for intermediates and advanced? would welcome any views.

ta Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are a good skier I would recommend Pas as they now have a full pass to cover the whole Pas/Grau Roig/Soldeu-El Tarter area which give you much more ski=ing choice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that Paul. yeah, i was in Soldeu in this Jan 04 and skied both piste areas. fab fun. but i havent had any experience of these two other resorts in andorra, pas and arinsal???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
anyone done the cat skiing in Andorra? supposedly free in Pas for 1 day according to a ski mag I read recently.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can;t see Cat skiing being free. if it is though, someone tell me because I'm there!

I do recall something about a cat tow in Soldeu from Riba Escorxada to the top of the itineraries - which have now been opened as new terrain, can;t remembr the name of the village but is past El Tarter
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Canillo?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quite possibly, Paul - just checking out the website

SOrry, it was from Tossal de la Llosada towards Pic d'Encampanada and back down to Riba Escorxada, which isn't quite as far over as Canillo - you were right!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lost the thread abit here!! What about Norway, any views on that?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just got back from Pas yesterday (15th Feb). Very Happy
It hasn't really snowed there since 23rd Januarry and whilst still quite skiable thanks to the abundance of snow cannons, it is starting to get quite icy and slushy, especially once you go over the top of Font Negre to the other side of the mountain.

Pas is basically a very steep winding 1 1/2 mile road lined with 5-6 story apartments with shops and cafes below. Shops at bottom of the town, cafes/pubs in the middle of the town and not very much at the top of the town. The lifts / slopes start at about the middle of the town. I stayed in the Manzano apartments which were quite basic and quite a bit up the hill which was a real killer if you had to carry anything back up like skis. I think the Phoebus was even higher, beside the snow park if my memory serves me right.

If you are just there for the sking, you can ski from the hotel down to the lifts, do whatever sking you like for the day and finish on the La Solana lift and ski home direct to the hotel - I stress the I think.
If you are there for the cheap supermarket booze and pup crawls - it's a good place, you may need mountain rescue to carry you back up to the hotel though, because your friends will be knackered after carrying you the first 200m and you with a belly full of free flugals Shocked .
If you are there for culture and tree covered mountains go somewhere else.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to Arinsal last year and it was pretty good, however, i wouldn't recommend it if you have skiied before, as it's lower than both soldue and pas and is really aimed at beginners. Although saying this, it is linked to PAL which is much better for intermediates!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy