Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World-famous violinist Vanessa-Mae hopes to ski in Sochi Winter Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Pop violinist Vanessa-Mae is in training for the 2014 Winter Olympics, where she hopes to represent Thailand. It has been her dream since she was 14 years old. If she qualifies, she will be only the second Thai ever to take part in a winter Olympics....See: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/alpine-skiing-pop-star-violinist-ski-olympics-125644611.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vanessa May plays Toccata & Fugue really well, not sure if it was her but the scene from Seven Sunny days to this tune sticks in my mind always

http://youtube.com/v/RYcycJ2A8Ng

shame its not in HD
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"But it has been my dream to be a ski bum since I was 14. This is something I am determined to do.

Really, so an Olympic athlete is a ski bum?

And having a 'whole year' to qualify. This kind of story/reporting belittles the efforts and dedication of the athletes that slog for many years to reach events such as the Olympics and just proves that a celebrities (yes, she is a talented musician) whim gets more column inches than real achievements in the field.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Philbo,
Quote:
And having a 'whole year' to qualify

I tend to agree with your post but let's not forget the SnowLeopard, who did manage to qualify (for Ghana?) from the most unlikely of beginnings. Think it took him a bit more than a year though. I doubt if Vanessa has much real competition for the Thailand team places.

Good luck to her snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OT - Info on snowleopard here - can't edit in snowNews

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50589
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm, the snowleopard - I believe that if you ask amongst the go racing fraternity, you will get some interesting stories behind his qualification.

Besides, qualifying with 140 Fis points is unlikely if she has not yet raced.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Philbo wrote:
Besides, qualifying with 140 Fis points is unlikely if she has not yet raced.
she'll probably try and fiddle it. I'll get me coat.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
140 fis points is pretty easy to reach... You need know how to clip skis on, get invited to some third league country open national championships, slip down the course and voila... 140fis points are yours Wink You might literally get killed on Olympic course, which will be injected and "a bit" steeper, then blue runs you were able to somehow slide down until that moment, but you will at least die on Olympics Wink Most likely I could get around 80 points today, even if I'm out of skiing for loooong time. You just need to pick right race, and there's really many of them to pick Wink On crappy race, with no big names (some of top 10 guys placing 60-70 on WC, and most of them not even skiing WC) getting 80-90 fis points means finishing around 20sec back (on SL). 140 points would probably mean minute down on winner Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also worth mentioning is that apparently she moved to Zermatt in 2009 to start preparing for this. So its not actually just a "one year" effort, she has been doing this for three and has a year left.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
primoz wrote:
You just need to pick right race, and there's really many of them to pick Wink

Looking at some interesting outliers, Iran seems a pretty good place Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup Iranian championships (and some other FIS) races are pretty popular place for such things Wink Also Bulgaria and sometimes Turkey are also good options for this Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Between her and Eddie the Eagle I know which one I would prefer to see in a skin tight lycra suit. Just saying ........

Quote:

slip down the course and viola

well, she's got it made then. A viola's justa big sort of violin, I'm sure she can cope with that, easy. And the Zermatt move was for tax reasons - guess the gigs just stopped coming and she had to fill her days somehow.
Does Scotland have any FIS qualifiers?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Does Scotland have any FIS qualifiers?

The last FIS races in Scotland were in 2011, they were not ones that gave away points though.

I was expecting to see her at some of the FIS races in Haute Savoie this winter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
primoz, & Japan is good for a low points score
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I must say, she has some pluck!

Bode Swiller, I'll get my coat as well.
latest report
Sunday Times interview with her this time last year. Been skiing since she was young. Lives in Zermatt. Partnered up with a ski instructor. Been training for a while now.
I don't think she's just some famous popsy with a fantasy!
If I was a betting man I might put a tenner on it! Far more improbable things have happened!
Go for it Vanessa!
ski holidays
I hear the hurf and appreciate the blurf.

It's just Vanessa Mae in a tight ski suit overrules it all.
snow report
and her musical career demonstrates she has phenomenal self-discipline and focus when she decides to do something.
latest report
She has started doing some races.
snow report
rjs, I can't find any listings for her. What name is she competing under?
latest report
Samerberg Sue,

rjs link shows Vanessa Vanakorn

http://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=AL&competitorid=168683&type=result
ski holidays
I'm on the iPad so it only takes me to the mobile app results opening page. Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy