Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mono ski hire Austria/Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, im looking to go away with my brother who needs the use of a mono ski. We skiied in Zell am see last year and hired one but would like a bigger resort this year. It is difficult to find where does these. Any help of where else thats good would be great. There will prob be four of us lads heading away end of Feb start of March somlooking a resort not to expensive to have an apres beer or two in the evening.

Regards
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello,

I live and work in Bareges in the French Pyrenees (the more pointy bit in the Hautes Pyrenees West of Andorra), the ski resort here is set up for the monoskis and a friend of ours is an instructor:http://www.pyrenees-handiski.com/ he should be able to sort you out (French speaking).

The ski resort here is called the grand Tourmalet and is the largest resort in the French Pyrenees. PM me if you would like details.

All the best,

Rob
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I shall look thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lowerks, Praschberger rent monoskis www.praschberger.com/en/ They are in Ebbs, next to Kufstein in Tirol. From Kufstein there are plenty of resorts within easy reach... For example, Zillertal is about half an hour from there, Skiwelt is not far, Alpbachtal...
If your brother needs instruction come to Hochfügen in Zillertal. That's where I teach adaptive skiing. If you want more information, give me a shout.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks, do you know if they deliver to the resort?? Lessons would be good. We can sort something out.

Regards
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lowerks, I've sent you a PM.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks people. Didnt get away but defo going this year. Just planning now rather than Feb. Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Let me know when would you like to go away and I will let you know which resort I have some kit available Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lowerks,

Choose a resort with the least amount of any kind of Draglift.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cc_7up,
Quote:

Choose a resort with the least amount of any kind of Draglift.

Ummm... Can I ask why? Have you had a bad experience with them?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
drag lifts with a sit ski is a PITA Mad my husband uses a biski, drag lifts are only possible with a heath robinson rope effort
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hethbum, I also have to use a Heath Robinson-ish system when I am teaching someone in a biski. I find that it is similar to snow chains for the car - it looks complicated when you get it out of the bag but once you figure out what you are looking at it is actually quite straightforward.
Monoskiers use a similar mechanism though there is less webbing and straps because usually they can use a draglift independently.
I was just wondering what prompted cc_7up, s comment. I'm interested to find out if/what problems they encountered - and if it's something that I can help with, or if it's something that I have never come across and I might be able to learn something new.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As SaraJ mentioned using drag lifts when in a sitski it is not a big problem. I have attached one of my movies for people who are not sure how it works:

http://youtube.com/v/-o63tBjIalE - when in a mono-ski (for independent skiers)

http://youtube.com/v/tWDK0KhEDNU - when in a sitski with an instructor/helper (for skiers who need help)

and when using a chairlift - loading:

http://youtube.com/v/4fe71f7oa3w

Both, chairlifts and drag lifts work during my lessons, however if you have any problems with any of them please let me know and I will do my best to help Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sit skiers use one ski but why not just call it 'Sit skiing' instead of (using the 60+ year old term already known as ) 'Monoskiing'?

They are not the same so imo, The thread title should have been 'Sit Ski Hire' and not 'Mono Ski Hire'

btw, There are many (with dodgy knees) who have taken up Monoskiing to revive their skiing passion as the lateral forces are shared between both legs as opposed to independently when on 2 planks.

I would like to add that i have the utmost respect for disabled skiers and their supporters who (together) actively pursue their passion for snowsports.

vvvvvvvvvvvv

Amended with apol's to SaraJ

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 11-01-14 12:21; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cc_7up, Aaahhh... I see where the misunderstanding came from.
Quote:

Your thread title should have been

Erm, not my thread, not my thread title.
I was only trying to help Smile
snow conditions
cc_7up wrote:
Sit skiers use one ski but why not just call it 'Sit skiing' instead of (using the 60+ year old term already known as ) 'Monoskiing'?

Not all sit skiers are mono-skiers. Mono-skiers ski in a mono-ski - on one ski, we have as well skiers skiing in a dualski/bi-ski, which has got 2 skis. Sit skiing is a wider group and describes skiers skiing in a sit down position (in a mono-ski or duaski/bi-ski). But yes, it is a bit confusing as many people think about monoski as and old school monoboard Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy