Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine elements st anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
good afternoon snowheaders!!!

just booked a trip next week Alpine Elements in Chalet Christiane St Anton, it was a bit too good to turn down.

has anyone else stayed in this chalet or with alpine elements? (i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for so my expectations are not sky high to start with)

apart from the fact they just tried to rob me blind with their lift pass "offer" they seem like a reasonable company, i mean how bad can a week skiing in St Anton be anyway, i'd happily sleep in a grave for a week aslong as its next to a big snowy mountain.

so the Good, the Bad and the Ugly please people, dont be shy!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jimmymalloy, can you explain the attempted lift pass robbery please?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed with them in Tignes a few years back. They seemed ok, not the most organised, and the chalet was a bit in the middle of nowhere, but were perfectly adequate for our needs. Decent food, good wine, and nice staff...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we were asked if you would like to include lift passes with our holiday for only £215 per lift pass, according to the ski anton website the passes are only €219 (£160 approx).

so for two of us to have brought those tickets it would of cost us over £100 extra. fairly cheeky i think you'll agree.

we dont mind paying a little extra for the convenience, for example we payed for the ski hire which on a similar search turned out to be only a little cheaper in resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had the same lift pass robbery attempt in La Plagne a few years ago. They even had the cheek to claim that it was the same price as the resort. In fact their low season price was more than the resort's high season price. Aside from that though it was a fantastic week and the chalet staff were great.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bang out of order.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This happened to us last year. We quoted their website back at them (the bit about it being the same or better than in resort) and were refunded the difference.
Everything else was fine
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They have a pretty bad reputation amongst their staff. Not trying to put you off or anything but when a company fires people then puts their names on a 'do not re-hire' list, THEN treats their retained staff so badly that they leave AE then have to re-hire the people on the do not re-hire list - I don't hold much hope.

Yes, this happened to a friend of mine. No, he wasn't on the list.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed with them in Les Gets a couple of years ago. Not impressed and I'm pretty easy going. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jimmymalloy, Where is their chalet, what's it called Dick Turpins Lodge?! If its as bad as the above make out you might be better actually staying in a grave, the cemetery is pretty central and a nice view over the Galzig......only joking btw, have fun......snow due later this week. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jimmymalloy wrote:
we were asked if you would like to include lift passes with our holiday for only £215 per lift pass, according to the ski anton website the passes are only €219 (£160 approx).

€219 is only a 5 day pass for an adult, I would have thought most holidays would be a 6 day pass? 6 days is €252, which is about £185 ish. Still, a £30 markup still seems a bit steep, but I guess rates were like that not so long ago. Info here.

Ski hire in St Anton used to be very expensive, it was occasionally possible to get small discountl by pre-booking online (but even these sometimes excluded St Anton). This summer the main shops got fined for running a cartel, so *maybe* rates will come down. I remain skeptical.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

i mean how bad can a week skiing in St Anton be anyway

Hopefully not as bad as last Christmas Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was RM there last season for AE. Actually Chalet Christine is one of the better chalets. The owners though, Christine & Ralph who live in, in the basement WILL NOT put up with any nonsense from rowdy, drunk, disrespectful guests, AND QUITE RIGHTLY, in my view. If AE have 2 good hosts there you will I am sure enjoy the chalet. The nearest ski bus stop is literally only 2 minutes walk and will take you either down to the village centre, Galzig lift, (if you haven't seen it, it is almost a work of art), or up to near the Mooserwirt. Impossible to ski to or from the chalet and its about 10-15 minutes walk to centre, depending on you. The transfer coach SHOULD drop you near this bus stop arriving & leaving. If he goes up to Stadl Parkplatz, it's a bit of a trek downhill arriving or uphill leaving. I won't be working for AE again. Make of that what you will!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have stayed in the Chalet Christiane in St Anton both last season and the season before (having it as a sole occupancy), and would recommend it IF you are someone that enjoys the chalet experience. The 10 minute walk down to the lifts in the morning is fine (we left our skis / boots in the hire shop next to the lift that goes across to Rendl), but as Old Man of Lech mentions, there is a ski bus that is only 2 minutes away.
The chalet itself is modern, the rooms are nice and spacious, and there is a good dining room and separate living area.
AE are not the most helpful of Tour Operators - we rarely got any useful info out of them and relied on our own research, but we found the Christiane to be great value.
The food can be a bit hit and miss as is often the case with Chalets but it is plentiful, they tend to be generous with the wine served with dinner, and all in all we had no complaints (hence going back for a second trip).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old Man Of Lech wrote:
The owners though, Christine & Ralph who live in, in the basement WILL NOT put up with any nonsense from rowdy, drunk, disrespectful guests, AND QUITE RIGHTLY, in my view.

Impossible to ski to or from the chalet and its about 10-15 minutes walk to centre, depending on you. The transfer coach SHOULD drop you near this bus stop arriving & leaving.

Sounds loads of fun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy