Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier snow

Poster: A snowHead
Chris O'Loughlin, thanks for the info Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris, where's the new chalet? These reports of snow falling heavily and not getting blown off higher up remind me a bit of 2003 which was an awesome year there. I think I ended up going twice in the end - early Jan and then that week by myself in March. Sod it! Wish I could fit in a little trip pre-Christmas! BTW, Les Marmottes full WC 25th Feb, so now looking WC 4th March.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark, our new place is in the village of Serre Barbin between Villenerve and Monetier. Its visible from the main road if you look right when passing the go-kart track (coming from Briancon) there is a huge field and our chalet sits on its own at the top approx. 400 metre's from the road.
It does look promising for this winter with more snow forcast this week in good time for this weekend's opening day.
4th March is a better date to ski as there will be a lot less people here that week.
See you then.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be there 5th March. Can't wait.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Conor, where are you staying? You'll be pleased to know there was another 15cm today.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chris, I'm pleased too!!!
snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, I think L'Oisans has had the best of it so far - makes a nice change! Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow Depth from the SC web site

Info Neige - information mise à jour le 08/12/05
Hauteurs de neige Etat de la neige
A 2 800 m : 100 cm N.C.
A 2 000 m : 90 cm Fraiche
A 1 400 m : 50 cm Fraiche Razz Razz
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How is the snow at the moment, cause i'm coming the 6th of Januari and haven't heard of snowfall since the 8th of December. On some websites I saw it was only 35-60cm's, will there be coming more snow?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MCI, We are hoping for Tuesday in this area (Oisans), you can always check also Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d'Huez and Puy St Vincent. We are in in the same snow cathment area.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its not too bad at present but one more day of snow would would be enough to open up all the closed pistes. Some snow is forcast tuesday and wednesday so I will let you know then. Nothing to worry about yet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any more info on the snow in Serr Chev. We are off there tomorow morning. Also anyone know of teh best places to be on new years eve?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kevducky, its been snowing here for 6 hours and so far about 25cms have fallen and its supposed to carry on for 2 more days. Any showing rocks will have disappeared and conditions will be great.
Depending where you're staying I suggest the 'Roast Beef' in Briancon, the Extreme in Charntemerle, Alpen in Monetiere, or if you're in Villenerve you may bump into me in the Grotti Yeti.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You've got us all giddy now. can't wait. we are staying at Le Livre Blanc in Villeneuve. Looks like a great new year.

Cheers Very Happy
latest report
See you in the Grott then, 300 yards from your hotel.
latest report
Quote:

Conor, where are you staying? You'll be pleased to know there was another 15cm today

chris, sorry didn't reply sooner. Staying at Chalet La Sherpa in Villeneuve. Recommendations as to good bars welcome. Few beginners will be coming. Should they be concerned about which ski school to go with or are they all generally good?
snow report
50cms have fallen since yesterday afternoon and still snowing hard.
Conor, there are 2 English Schools operating in the valley one of whom is a snowhead (Mel). PM we for a phone number.
The Grotte Yeti and The Frog bars are lively.
snow conditions
I can report that is finally stopped snowing early on new Years Day, and the snow was excellent. To contact eurekaski try www.eurekaksi.com ,
latest report
Nice to hear all of this. I'm really looking forward to friday, when i'll arrive there.
snow report
Hude dump here in the last 12 hours with massive flakes at the moment. Its forecast non-stop for the next 3 days.
latest report
chris, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , perhaps my guests this week won't keep asking for deckchairs for the terrace then!!!
snow conditions
Helen, deckchairs won't be needed for at least 10 days. Its snowing hard again this morning.
snow report
chris, snowHead lets hope it stays that way until we come out on 5th March. Only 2 weeks away.
snow conditions
Webcam pic
ski holidays
This morning I've heard 12 avalanche controlled explosions so far. I've never heard more than 4 before. There must be monster snow up there!
ski holidays
chris, happy skiing!!!!
snow report
Just reading this thread and getting excited about the new snow. Was getting worried for a while. I may have asked this before, but is the ESF in Serre Che (Villeneuve) meant to be one of the better ones? 2 beginners are coming out with us and I would hate to see their holiday spoilt by a bad instructor. I understand that Eurika, a British company, run out of a neighbouring village. Anyone tried them and is it worth it given that they would have to get a bus every morning to the next village? (We are going with Crystal and were going to pay for lessons etc. on the bus transfer, which I assume would be with the ESF).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, thought I was repeating myself. Just noticed your previous entry. I'll PM you.
latest report
conor, Both EurekaSki and the Busonnieres have very good reps. Different villages - not sure which is which, but either is definitely preferable to ESF.

ESF in Serre Che threatened british instructors out there 15-20 years ago with broken legs if they went up on the mountain. A friend of mine actually got pushed off a path into the trees by one red!! Long time ago, but still ...........
snow report
conor, Eurekaski are based in Monetier-les-Bains, and I can recommend them. It is worth getting the bus to Monetier, and the bus service is quite good anyway. Check out the website. www.eurekaski.com . Crytal lessons may not neccessarily be with ESf, but probably will be. easiski, I know Gavin had a bit of trouble, but nothing serious when he came out. More to do with getting another instructor I think. They seem to be very settled in Monetier now, and friendly with the ESF instructors too. I think Darren Turner is also running his own ski school. Look on www.serrechevalier.org
ski holidays
Thanks for the help. I looked into Eurekaski but the beginners lessons were from 1130-13.30, which didn't suit. I'll be calling Buisonnieres today to see if they can help.
snow report
Easiski, thanks for that info. Next tIme an ESF instructor 'invades my space' I won't be so inclined to bite my tongue.
snow conditions
chris, you got out of Serre Barbin yet? My guests arrived after 10pm last night.
ski holidays
Helen, 2 hours of snow clearing got me out of the drive and the roads were cleared by 11am. Hopefully I'll get up the mountain in the morning to check out the conditions.
snow report
chris, enjoy it!!! snowHead
snow conditions
How is the snow out in Serr Che. The forecasts says that the last snow was the 19th and the drop in snow levels seem to indicate that. Yet it was forecast for decent snow on friday. Only 7 days to go
snow report
Flaming heck kevducky, don't complain about the snow levels in Serre Che at the moment! It's bloody fantastic out there. We had something like 40cm top, 20cm bottom in March last year and there was still a fair amount of decent-ish skiing/boarding to be had... You've got 2 metres plus, just compacted down from 265 at the top and 1 metre plus compacted down from 1 and a half at the bottom... If you're thinking about complaining about the lack of fresh powder you're a churlish man!
snow conditions
kevducky, I had an email from my friend yesterday, and it was snowing. It was snowing on Monday too, so that was the 20th. The snow will be fine next weekend. Which report were you looking at , the ski club one is always out of date as they don;t have a rep there and rely on the tourist office. It's sometimes a day or two out. This is the lift company report which is usually the most up to date. http://www.serre-chevalier-ski.com/wemet/Bneige.php
latest report
I look at that site plus about 3 others. In fact my working day consists of 45 mins work- Look at webcams. 30mins work, then see if there is a change in the weather etc. etc. It's not me whose being churlish it's thee wife. She wants to order snow for next week and then glorious sunshine from saturday(although it can snow sunday afternoon as we will be in the Frog watching Man City vs sunderland)- So if you could get that order for us please. Oh and NO ICY BITS the wife says Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy