Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, I would like to dress it up but try to slways give am honest open unbiased comment.
Ï
I can live with just sliding in St Anton (only) top to town everyday.

However, most folks are coming for the
Arlberg experience. (Linked Ski Circus). which is currently not available.

FYI.

Stuben slopes closed
Link between Zurs & Lech by Bus only
Link between Lech & Warth/Schrocken closed.
Sonnenkopf no Skiing.
Rendl ...Riffel 1& 2 closed.

St Anton.

Schindlergratbahn was closed again this morning I am not sure why it was closed (yesterday also).

Plenty of accomodation available this week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stanton, so St Anton is t worth a trip then?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ricklovesthepowder, can't see a reason not to to, better than working surely!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, I agree but I don't want to spend £800 and then only a few slopes are open etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ricklovesthepowder,
Over 1000mtres of vertical ! More than most places Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, can you recommend anywhere to stay that's cheap but decent. I'll be on my own so preferably a chalet
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ricklovesthepowder,
Cheap & St Anton are not two words that go together.

If you want cheap look at Bulgaria and Andorra.

You will not find anywhere" in town "for less than €50-60 per night.

Average now on cheap side is €75-90
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, flight has gone up from £218 to £409 overnight. I checked the price at 12.30am this morning and it was still the cheaper price. I've just logged onto a different computer using a separate IP Adress and yes it's the higher price. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
@kitenski, I agree but I don't want to spend £800 and then only a few slopes are open etc

£450 7th Jan including flights 4 star chalet in Lech. No need to spend silly money. Check out Alpine Answers chalet deals
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:

£450 7th Jan including flights 4 star chalet in Lech. No need to spend silly money. Check out Alpine Answers chalet deals

plus £223 for a 6 day pass, plus insurance, plus ski hire (?), plus beers, plus lunches, plus taxi to the airport etc etc. If you can get close to £800 for a weeks skiing in the Arlberg I'd be very impressed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The wigglies suggest the chance of an improvement from 3rd Jan

http://www.ski-finder.co.uk/grab_gfs.php?lat=47&lon=10
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@red 27, oooh Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://warth-schroecken.panomax.com/tal
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's now less than 3 weeks til my St Anton trip so I'd like some snow on the horizon please!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sah, £249 for flights, transfers, catered chalet for this Xmas week.

Already 7th Jan prices down to £349 with SkiWorld to St Anton, Chalet Midland. Makes the £800 ceiling possible with beer vouchers to spare!!
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
@sah, £249 for flights, transfers, catered chalet for this Xmas week.

Already 7th Jan prices down to £349 with SkiWorld to St Anton, Chalet Midland. Makes the £800 ceiling possible with beer vouchers to spare!!

OK, I'm impressed Smile
snow conditions

Flexenbahn lift
When there's no powder, let's look for interesting photo opportunities:
snow conditions
@sah, I've just got a trip to BSM, catered chalet, flights and transfer for £450. I'm on track Very Happy
ski holidays
Forecast online has changed since yesterday to a lot more snow on the horizon.
Around 4th Jan...
Time will tell but seems it will be a reasonably big snowfall-says 59cm on one of the days.
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, fingers crossed. Which site is forecasting this? Will be around for the first two weeks of January if you fancy a ski.
snow conditions
That was on the SCGB website mind

Will PM you.
snow report
@horizon, lovely photo Cool
latest report
Folks

It will remain warm sunny into the New Year.

The outlook from the 2nd is uncertain. Some websites are showing large amounts (days)
of snow from the 2nd onwards but this is more likely in the east of the country.

It will become very cold towards the end of next week. Could feel (with wind) as low as -38C

The locals are not committing at this stage about any substantial snow, they are still dubious.

FYI

If there are large snowfalls it will lead to very dangerous conditions. Avalanche risk will be extreme.

Any "Safe" off Piste is still some days aways after any snowfall
latest report
Of course the locals are not looking at the weather further than 3 days.
Nobody should.
Stop trusting the locals. It is useless
snow report
@Langerzug, Your back..have you been back to weather school after your disastrous forecast a couple of weeks ago? Haha.
snow conditions
It's great piste skiing out here, and loads of snow coming next week, what's not to like?

@Ricklovesthepowder, cheap and St Anton aren't really words you'd find in the same sentence but week commencing 7th should be good and cheapest week of the main season (if you exclude post Easter). We're back on 7th, the season is shaping up nicely. I'd recommend that week.
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, there's more than a few slopes open......there's no off piste, no link to Zug for White Ring and no high level Riffel open but there's plenty to go at other than that. Better than most places in Europe right now.
latest report
@stanton,
Yes I'm back. Was in Lech 20-25 December. Never seen it so brown, but still had a lovely pre-christmas trip, with great pistes, and lovely weather
Totally agree with @Markymark29, you and others here at Snowheads are way too negative.
A bit sick(ening) I would say actually....
Please stop using bull sh. arguments like "people are hoping for the new Arlberg-connection". The Arlberg has been doing very very fine for hundred years, without connection. And infact, the connection St.Anton-Zürs is up and running. We decided to not step in the skibus to Zürs though, but stay in sunny Oberlech for a lovely lunch....
Back in March!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Your Weather Forecasters.

http://youtube.com/v/kqUjLBc-W6I
ski holidays
Official Weather & Snow Report

A massive high-pressure area is located over wide parts of Europe. Its centre is located directly above the Alpine regions. Perfect weather conditions are forecast. Bright sunshine and clear, blue skies will be accompanied by slowly increasing temperatures in the mountains. The wind will increasingly become weaker. These stable and calm high-pressure weather conditions will result in a temperature inversion, consequently the temperatures will be significantly milder in the mountains than in the valleys. The frost line will rise near 2500 m. These weather conditions will generally continue until the turn of the year. The new year will start with the same weather conditions. A change in weather may occur afterwards.
latest report
Rendl update (belated)

They have manged to get Riffel 1 open & a couple more pistes.
snow conditions
@Langerzug, what are you talking about? You talking bs, I never said that did I? You are talking nonsense
snow report
@Markymark29, Happy Happy

@Langerzug, is the Arlberg Man/Woman who hangouts on the carpet slopes in Oberlech with his/her faulty barometer, LOL.

@Langerzug i think your find (research back over the seasons) that @Markymark29 and myself & others only object to the Link to Kappl.

We were always in favour of the Rauz - Zurs link.
snow conditions
Getting Much Colder (Polar Temperatues)

ski holidays
Why We Wait for the Snow ...Something to drink to

This is what the Arlberg is about. Carpet Skiing NOT Evil or Very Mad

http://youtube.com/v/p8NNtAkVqPg
ski holidays
2016 St Anton Look Back

http://youtube.com/v/3NscP1igoTE
snow report
stanton wrote:
https://warth-schroecken.panomax.com/tal

Shocking
snow report
@stanton, @Markymark29,
Sorry if my posting was a bit incoherent. I was referring to this:

Markymark29 wrote:
Had a great day yesterday, skied really good pistes all day and some powder on pistes too. There's no off piste but I'm cool about that I never expect that at Christmas. It's fine, all the negativity on here is strange, get out here if you've plans you'll have fun.

I'm totally fine with the new connection.
snow report
@Langerzug, ok
ski holidays
Almost -30 min temp around Mon 11th Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy