Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2016/2017 (Cold Front May 7th Snow Sunday)

Poster: A snowHead
@gores95, I'm afraid there are no passes that allow 5 days out of 6. I know they are common in N America, but I've never seen them in Europe. A five day pass in St Anton would be 5 consecutive days. You could get a 2 day pass and then a 3 day pass but for only another €12 you could just get a 6 day pass and be done with it Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
@Markymark29, Drving fatique & Skiing is not a good combination.

I lost count overthe seasons of how many Germans driving down after work on Fridays from Frankfurt,etc with little sleep who have been hauled of the hill with coronarys....

Of course it was the driving that caused the heart problems. The fact that they stayed up until 4am drinking schnapps and had 3 weissbiers for breakfast had nothing to do with it I assume.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004 wrote:
@Markymark29, What have you bought ? Husband needs new ones and suffers with cold hands.

For cold weather .......
https://www.sealskinz.com/UK/extreme-cold-weather-gloves

The warmest pair of gloves I have are not my Hestras but a pair with primaloft in - unless it's below minus 10 Deg C they are too warm for me.

Other glove Reviews - Black Diamond guide looks good for cold weather
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Ski-Gloves-Reviews
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sah wrote:
@gores95, I'm afraid there are no passes that allow 5 days out of 6. I know they are common in N America, but I've never seen them in Europe. A five day pass in St Anton would be 5 consecutive days. You could get a 2 day pass and then a 3 day pass but for only another €12 you could just get a 6 day pass and be done with it Happy

Thanks!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sah wrote:
stanton wrote:

I lost count overthe seasons of how many Germans driving down after work on Fridays from Frankfurt,etc with little sleep who have been hauled of the hill with coronarys....

Of course it was the driving that caused the heart problems. The fact that they stayed up until 4am drinking schnapps and had 3 weissbiers for breakfast had nothing to do with it I assume.

It happens...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant first day today. Really enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
sah wrote:
stanton wrote:

It happens...

It might have been their energetic dancing while they were dancing there at Apre Ski

http://youtube.com/v/5SsAgYH2fRg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beautiful day today
Blue sky and cold
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is going to get extremely cold again this week -25C
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@gores95, Glad to see more people from the US going over. You're going to love it. I'm located in NYC -- was just there for New Year's and planning to go back in Feb or March. Looks like you'll have good snow.

The good thing about tickets there is that they're cheap compared to the US. Our tickets were 53 euros per day (compared to the $175 we paid at Vail last Christmas that's a steal). I'd just ski every day. If you're feeling tired just do a leisurely day on the slopes and a long lunch with plenty of wine at the Hospiz Alm.

Also make sure to take the new Flexenbahn lift over into Zurs so that you can ski both Zurs and Lech. Truly impressive and a much different vibe than St. Anton.

Have a blast!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gores95, FYI

There is an hourly ticket if you only want to ski 2 or 3 hours.

You buy the ticket which is full day rate.

The clock starts when you puchase so make sure where are no queues at the lift base so you can ride straight away.

Your be surprised how much you can get done in 2hrs..

Return ticket to any counter and tjey will refund a percentage upto 50% (i believe) . So therefore you can get a couple hours a day on the hill for around €25..

Then just take the Free Bus upto "Moos" a short walk and you can take your pick & enjoy the Apres at Heustadl,Taps,KK,Griabl,Mooserwirt.

From the "Moos" Bus stop you can walk down to the valley through the forest on a lit pathway...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, the hourly ticket is a pretty good tip. It's a good bet for the last day of a trip if you are driving home in the afternoon, like you say you can get a couple of hours in for a reasonable price. If you use it all day it is more expensive than a simple day ticket though.

However, for an easy-day in the middle of a trip it is not good value, e.g. if you skied 2 days, then did two hours on day 3 then skied 3 more days it would still be cheaper to buy a 6 day pass up front.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great ski day today in Lech Zurs. We had the deepest blue skies and perfect snow on piste.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was -16 down at one of the car park stations on the Warth Shrocken road today at midday.

I almost had to put me shirt on!

Good snow on piste but with thin spots. Off piste looks nice but is also thin. This is a decent base, but more is needed

6/10 for conditions overall
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fantastic day today, skied off piste all day in Warth in the sun, bluebird and very cold, -20C at 11am. Highlights we're the far left Auenfeldjet run which we did most of the afternoon and the Salober runs next to the bull. Both unprepared and knee deep powder. Brilliant conditions and super quiet. Powder everywhere, can't stop laughing!
snow conditions
Also had a nice day with beautiful sunshine.
Went over to Zurs via the new lift, to Zug and Lech.
Much quieter over there with plenty of powder snow to the sides of the pistes (tracked out but still nice snow)
I thought there seemed more snow on the St Anton side as there seemed more grass stones and rocks showing on the Lech side-just an observation

I agree with the comments above regarding needing more snow (due later this week partly) to make the off piste cover more substantial.
latest report
Official Weather & Snow Report

The influence of high pressure over the Alpine regions will decrease again towards midweek. With a low-pressure area over North Europe the Alps will get into a changeable, significantly colder north-westerly air stream. Wednesday morning will start with weak remains of unsettled conditions from the night. Improved conditions are forecast during the day, the sun will shine for some time. Some snow showers are forecast for Wednesday night. A brief period of improved conditions is expected again on Thursday. A strong cold front will reach us on Thursday night. Behind this front our regions will remain located in changeable, very cold north-westerly accumulations.
snow report

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 10-01-17 18:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
ski holidays
^ looks beautiful - and hopefully more snow to come on Thurs/Fri/Sat to freshen things up nicely for me snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
When the Austrian media mention "Frau Holle" it normally means good things (snow wise)

Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.vol.at/frau-holle-bleibt-fleissig-wieder-schnee-im-anmarsch/5091348
snow conditions
I didn't see Frau's Holle today in st anton, but I did see the sun which was absent in lech & zurs

Amazingly easy to go from zurs to st Anton via the new lift

All resorts very very quiet. Good snow on Rendl. Ladies World Cup run not open but being prepared

I came back via madloch in the gloom - trappy in places Shocked
ski holidays
Another great day in Warth playing in the powder. Was dull after 11am and could see Lech in the sun. Pistes empty, very cold, snowed 4pm more overnight I hope.
ski holidays
Agreed that the new lift lift link makes things easy, but a bit confusing the first time you try to use it, not that well signposted IMHO not just at the mid station, but at the Trittkopf base station too. Ditto arriving back down to Rauz, Vafagehr seemed well signposted but not as clear where to go for Albona (unless I missed something obvious).
latest report
@Sitter, yes it's all going on innit?

The best bit is coming back (to lech) where on disembarking the flexenbahn, alternate gondola cabins go up to either Trippkopf top station or down to Zurs. Do you feel lucky?

Interesting that my trip (lech - stanton) was massively against the tidal flow, despite the weather favouring that balance
snow report

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 14-01-17 13:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
^
|
Sorry what does that represent? Depth of the snow?
latest report
^^^ Yes. Official weather station approx 2000metre in Zurs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick question, is it easy to hire a ski locker in St Anton? My buddy arranged our hire, but I think he said it was in hervis sports (waiting for him to confirm before mailing them) does anyone know this shop and can confirm if they do/don't have lockers available to hire?
latest report
Hervis does not have lockers.

Ski & boot (warmers) storage (have to pa) is available at all the ski shops at the bottom of the hill.

Your accomidation will also have free storage & boot warmers.

Lockers i don think so only at the railway station.

Most folk stay in all tbeir gear (inc apes ski) until they go back to the Hotel or Home at the end of the day and that could be an 2 hr away on tbe train in Innsbruck.
ski holidays
Zurs.. Here it comes from the West .....Snowing a bit

snow conditions
Have you managed to to take a photo of the Polar Bear?
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/qLfiSXjga5w
ski holidays
Sorry misread polar air,
snow report
One person (German lady) killed today on Maroispitze avalanche. Also another in Schoppenau, 2 people freed. Careful people.

http://mobil.vol.at/#!mobilenews/detail/5093721

Great skiing in Lech today
ski holidays
Maroi has claimed quite a few people over the seasons

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2819328/
snow conditions
Snowing now in Lech, gritty little flakes so far but may freshen things up for tomorrow

Some pistes affected by the wind today - others good as the pistuers start to work with all the artificial that's been created
snow conditions
Sonnenkopf POW in the trees

http://youtube.com/v/Ttq5E5_uXkg
snow report
Snowing quite heavily in St Anton this evening. Stay safe out there.
snow conditions

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy