Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade 2016-2017

Poster: A snowHead
Was touring yesterday for a change, but this morning it's been constant light snow, forecast 10cm up on the tops. Tomorrow should be good Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lovely day in the off-piste at Zauchensee today - even saw @Scarpa from afar (we were in the bar with a beer when he went past!). Conditions really nice off piste and on piste was not bad either.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was with scarpa today...he was kind enough to show me some lovely off piste tree skiing so had an awesome day! Hardly anyone in the trees....last few runs when back in flachau moguled as expected and people around! still lovely conditions....ski amade has been treating me well as usual this season....once again many thanks pete...always good when a few spontaneous "woops" popout
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@seany1, He showed us some of the routes a couple of weeks ago - paid off today, so much nicer in the off-piste with no people about!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morning / Afternoon (depending if you read this before you all go out and hit the slopes).

Just a quick message to say thanks to Kooky and Scarpa (and all the other snowheads I met whilst I was enjoying the Amade region).

I had what can only be described as a fantastic weeks skiing, sampling everything from white out conditions where you couldn't see the piste to what has to be the strongest "cup of tea" in the world

The highlights of the trip were :-

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 5
Day 6

(Yeah day 4 was a bit **** due to bad vis, but that just made the rest of the week more appreciable).

It was a true shame to come home, but I will dine out on the adventures of this week for many nights to come snowHead

So here's to you guys and I hope we get to ski again in the future............................... If it means me pitching up a tent in your back garden then so be it snowHead snowHead

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiteman69 wrote:
what has to be the strongest "cup of tea" in the world

Did Scarpa insist on Jagertee with you too?! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, he was not holding back on the newbie Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kiteman69, we had the treat of an 11am Jagertee with a schnapps chaser. Give then it was absolutely freezing on that day it was very welcome. Also welcome later in the week when we had a dump of snow we had straight for some steep-ish skiing in the trees that was several miles outside of my comfort zone. I fell. A lot Very Happy Absolutely loved it though, feel it made me a better skier. Hopefully will be allowed back out next season snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, @kiteman69, you guys were awesome fun, and we did some great skiing together, miss you a lot, hurry back!
Nice change of name BTW Snoodles, I think Admin should change @kiteman69, to "The Apres King"......he will find out why on the EosB Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another good day in the off piste at Zauchensee. visibility was a bit iffy at times, but snow still good. Was disconcerted to find that the ski route off the top of the red gondola had been pisted overnight, spoiling it a bit, and not only that, but off the bottom where we had put down fresh tracks yesterday a piste, complete with markers had been created overnight!
We are also noticing just how much more busy the pistes are becoming compared with a few weeks ago, peak season is almost upon us.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RobinS, what? They have pistes the Itinery route? Shocked Crying or Very sad

I have never seen them do that before, maybe its just for the Fasching holidays, they are some of the busiest of the year.
We are heading out to Zauch tomorrow to try a new ski tour, me, Scarpa and Flangesax if you want too meet up and avoid the crowds.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, @kiteman69, I really did have great fun Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RobinS, Do you mean the proper itinerary route from the blue run down to the cabins toward the bottom of The Garden or the little red drop in couple of hundred metres from the gondola top?

It is getting busy now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarpa, Out of the gondola, turn right, straight over the edge down a wide gulley, onto a ramp, then down to a blue run, marked as itinerary 4 on the piste map. Was really nice yesterday, but a piste basher had run up/down the whole thing last night. I think most of itinerary 3 (the one from the blue towards the cabins) had been pisted as well, but we went down the Garden and only cut into it at the bottom.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@RobinS, Two days ago I skied across the itinerary down to the cabins and to be honest most moguls had been pushed up into ruts and walls at the back of each bump due to the traffic on soft snow. It might be that they just cleared it so that it can build up again.
snow report
Kooky wrote:
Nice change of name BTW Snoodles

Yeah, there was some heavy binge drinking apres and I'm told that I was hugging a lot of people. Can't actually remember any of it myself...although I do remember waking up in a stairwell at 7am feeling a bit ill and very confused Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude,
Quote:

Can't actually remember any of it myself...although I do remember waking up in a stairwell at 7am feeling a bit ill and very confused

So nothing new there then matey
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
In coming tomorrow Happy

Will see what people are up to once we're settled as it would be good to meet up with some of you.
ski holidays
We are on our way home today, after almost 5 weeks in Ski Amade (and in the Alps since the beginning of December). For those arriving, the pistes are in excellent condition. Thursday we skied Bad Gastein/Hofgastein and it was really good, then Friday made a lat trip to our favourite, Zauchesee. The off piste is skied out, but the pistes are really good still. It has been a superb trip, including meeting up with some snowheads, and we just need to work out how we can come for longer another season!
snow conditions
*******If anyone fancies a great party, DJ Ötzi is playing at the LisaAlm on Sunday 19th. Its a free concert starts at about 14.00 it should be a really fun afternoon.
https://www.facebook.com/events/565594043651770/

Scarpa and me will be slinging on our dancing shoes if anyone isn't too embarrassed to be seen with us you are welcome to join!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 11-02-17 8:19; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
@RobinS, it was fab to meet up with you guys, are you not coming out at Easter? My flat is free wink
latest report
@RobinS, Yup, really enjoyed grabbing a few runs with you. There is still a little untracked in Zauch but you really have to know where to find it and negotiate the odd steep chute, often by grabbing on to trees Cool
latest report
@Kooky, that sounds right up my street! Unfortunately we've got to meet Jnr once he's finished at some point between 3-4pm.
latest report
@hammerite, the evening goes until 23.00 , last uplift is now 16.15 instead of 16.00....where is your problem Twisted Evil
ski holidays
@Kooky, will not be there for dj ötzi but he was fab at the musistadl recording the klubbb3 night in january. Enjoy
ski holidays
@Kooky, Great meeting with you and @Scarpa, and would love to come out again, unfortunately we need to earn some money now so we can go cycletouring for three months or so in the summer (plan to go as far as the Dolomites and Slovenia, so may well cycle through the Amade region sometime in the summer).
latest report
@Kooky, me driving would be my problem! Hope you've had a good night.
snow report
@RobinS, Hope to see you back here Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A few pics from last night's tour.

latest report
Oh, the Trinkeralm does a fine rack of ribs Toofy Grin

snow conditions
Right, who ordered all this sun? I seem to have turned a little red Embarassed

Skied Reiteralm and Hochwurzen Sunday, Planai yesterday, Haus today (we have to return to Hochwurzen each day - the Rohrmoos 2 man gets a bit busy!).

Planning to head to Fageralm tomorrow, no idea what we'll do on Thursday or Friday. Then head to Filzmoos and Eben on our way to the airport on Saturday (never been to either).

If anyone fancies meeting up let me know (we'll be getting to Fageralm at about 9.20 on the bus). We probably have to stay around this way as we have to get back to meet Jnr at 4pm-ish each day (apart from Saturday).
snow report
@hammerite, Please report on Filzmoos - we are going to try it next trip
snow report
@holidayloverxx, will do.
snow report
@holidayloverxx, We skied Filzmoos when we were there two or three weeks ago. In late January it was very quiet, nice pistes, and the skiers who were there all seemed to be older intermediate skiers, all skiing carefully and quite slowly. Made for a really nice peaceful day. (We alternated between big areas with miles of skiing and people, off-piste days, and peaceful days in small areas.) Could ski every run in one day quite easily though.
snow conditions
@RobinS, lovely thanks. Will give it a go for a day
snow report
@RobinS, it's seems just like that here in Fageralm too. Really quite lovely, I can see why Sue liked it so much. So much for half term crowds!

@Scarpa, Not being a big ribs fan I've dodged them at the Trinkeralm. Lunch was still excellent though.
latest report
@hammerite, We loved Fageralm as well, just don't shout about it - we don't want too many people to go there!
snow report
If anyone is heading out it's been snowing at a reasonable rate for a couple of hours from mid station-ish and above. However, it doesn't seem to be settling on tables or cars parked in the car park.

Any locals have bird knowledge? We were sat on a chair lift earlier and saw some birds with red breasts. First thought was that they were robins, but the breasts seemed far brighter than anything back home. Any ideas?
latest report
hammerite wrote:
If anyone is heading out it's been snowing at a reasonable rate for a couple of hours from mid station-ish and above. However, it doesn't seem to be settling on tables or cars parked in the car park.

Any locals have bird knowledge? We were sat on a chair lift earlier and saw some birds with red breasts. First thought was that they were robins, but the breasts seemed far brighter than anything back home. Any ideas?

I've seen linnets and redpolls up the mountain. Could be one of them.
ski holidays
@snowheads68, possibly. Having now looked at a list of native Austrian birds we think it's most likely to be a bullfinch, if they are native to these parts. They were so bright we could see them from a long way off.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy