Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2016 - 2017

Poster: A snowHead
@johnE, Its a rarity but if there is any leftover baguette they are very partial to it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@johnE, not especially no. Just wanted to make sure we were sorted before going this year, that is all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wednesday 15 March. An easier day, but still a nice route with very mixed snow conditions.

Started from Arc 1600 later than normal and arrived at the Vanoise Express to fiind a large queue. When we finally got across we were then delayed again by the chair stopping for a while. Made a detour and headed up the tow then Belle Plagne and finally the top of the Bellecote.

Took a route down the Bellecote bowl as a warm up and found a few jumps before heading over to have a look at the North Face. Very tracked in most places so headed down the Friolin Bowl. Some nice spring snow mixed in with crud, but still OK to ski. Found yet more jumps and stopped for a picnic.

Then down through the meadows and track out to the chair. Back up the chairs and headed for Les Arcs.

Busy on the lifts on the way back, but after another fast piste ski we arrived at Arc 1600 and home.

All the pistes which we used today were still in good conditions with soft spring snow on a firm base.

The Off Piste was very mixed, but still worth the effort. You can still find pockets of soft snow and if you hit it at the right time the spring snow is fun to ski! Get the timing wrong and it can be frozen crud, breakable crust or heavy slush. All very challenging in it's own way!

Photos for today will be posted shortly in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter page. Just look at the first photos in the album as the newest ones are up first. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Tomorrow we are off on another big day. Sorry group is full.

Hope all those out right now are having as much fun as we are and remember the Waterslide is open!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thursday 16 March. Blue Sky, Untracked Spring Snow, almost a complete mountain valley just for us! Amazing! Just what we wanted!

Headed back over to La Plagne again today hoping to find more untouched spots and it did not disappoint.

The queues getting to the Bellecote everywhere were crazy today. Not sure why, they just were. With loads of groups also heading up top it took over an hour and half to get to the top of the Bellecote.

Once on the glacier we headed up the chair and onto the ridge then all the way back to the bus stop in the Nancoix valley and back to Les Arcs with some great untracked spring snow and few people around.

Another great day! I will try and post the photos later. But it might not be until tomorrow in the March 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Got things to do tomorrow so not riding. Hope the rain does not come as predicted in a few days. Still some great spring snow out there to ride! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't see a way to subscribe to the thread without leaving a replay so I'll just say...
Hello, I'm coming to Les Arcs for four day's skiing April 8-11. We've never been there before so will be reading this thread with interest.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Making a long overdue return to Les Arcs 1st - 8th April. It's over 14 years since my last visit, that time with the lads, this time with the whole family in tow. Should be a slightly different experience!
We're staying in 1950 and the kids are looking forward to ski school. They've done a couple of days in Scotland and a couple of lessons at the dome so I'm sure a solid week skiing will bring them on a huge amount.

The forecasts seem rather inconsistent, with some chance of new snow this weekend. It appears above 1800 the snow is holding up in spring conditions, but if anyone out there can provide an update in the next few days that would be appreciated as snow conditions will determine whether I ski or board for the week.

cheers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was out last weekend. Very warm. Spring snow conditions. Luckily looks like more snow coming this week.
Definitely should be on skis as being on a snowboard would be a p-i-t-a on the sticky snow below the freezing line.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rds@elerds.net wrote:
Was out last weekend. Very warm. Spring snow conditions. Luckily looks like more snow coming this week.
Definitely should be on skis as being on a snowboard would be a p-i-t-a on the sticky snow below the freezing line.

Would challenge that, best place to learn to board is on sticky soft spring snow (or powder), I hate skiing on heavy spring snow, much prefer to board.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UPDATE! Snowing on the mountain so hope to be good in the morning! If you are driving up take care, the road might be slippy!

Saturday 25 March. Good to be back on the mountains and in the forests of the Paradiski area again.

Everyone told me this morning that it was hard to find good snow right now. Time to take up the challenge!

The wind was blowing hard so the top lifts were closed in the morning. We could not even get over to La Plagne Centre.

Not a problem. The Les Coches area holds many secrets. First we found some really nice spring snow high on the meadows, then down through the forest until we ran out of snow. A short hike and then a ski down the track to the lifts. The snow was not too heavy, but challenging as you did not want to hit the trees or rocks.

After a picnic in the sun, back up top again as far as we could go then a little hike and more fresh tracks on more spring snow all the way down to the forest track again and back to the Vanoise Express.

Then over to the Altiport for a drink before saying goodbye and heading for home.

The pistes everywhere in the morning were in good condition. Easy to carve your turns and not too heavy on the knees. By the afternoon the snow had become softer and I was pleased to be on wider skis that float on the top of the slush.

My advice, if you can handle the skis, rent fat skis and enjoy the softer conditions later in the day as well as the early morning hard pistes.

More to come tomorrow. Not sure what lifts will be open so anyone wanting to join us please PM me before 9am.

Photos from today will follow shortly in the new Easter Break 2017 album. Enjoy!

If you want to rent skis or snowboards that are great for these conditions. Visit Polaire Star ski and snowboard rental shop at the bottom of the Funicular in Bourg. They have many different brands to choose from. http://www.polairestar.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morning update. Looking good. Check out the webcams. Snow down to around 1200m. Raining in the valley. Should be a good powder day. Time to go. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sunday 26 March. What a day!!

The powder came back and a lot more than they told us high on the mountain.

Set off from Arc 1600 and headed for the Arc 2000 bowl. The rumor was that they would open the Aiguille Rouge. So that was the place to go.

First we had some fresh tracks down Bois de l'ours, then over on Genepy. Then down from the Varet. Next into the National Park off the back and down to Villaroger. One more route down towards Club Med then finally lunch.

The mist came in as we eat lunch so headed to the Aiguille Rouge above the clouds. Another short route down to the Grand Col then up top before heading all the way down to the Bulle for a hot drink and then a fast ski to George's in Arc 1950 for a beer then home.

Quite a day. Room for fresh tracks in the powder until lunch in most places and even a few jumps. Lower down towards Villaroger the snow became heavy and later in the day even at the top of the Grand Col the conditions were changing.

The pistes everywhere were in good condition, but as the day progressed they also became sticky.

Photos of today will be posted later in the Easter Break 2017 album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. They are worth waiting for!

Tomorrow we will head high. Anyone wanting to ski with us please PM me for details. Remember you must have Arvi gear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The snow looks great on your fb pics. I am heading out to Vallandry tomorrow for the first time in five years - can't wait.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Higs wrote:
I can't see a way to subscribe to the thread without leaving a replay so I'll just say...
Hello, I'm coming to Les Arcs for four day's skiing April 8-11. We've never been there before so will be reading this thread with interest.

Also heading out on 8th and staying at edenarc for a week. I've not been skiing in years and a little worried about the amount of about that'll be left.

Saw the approx 10cm forecast fell yesterday bit looking at the webcams it still looks a little bare inn places Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is what it is at this time of year. We didn't think we were going to get away skiing at all this year but all of a sudden a couple of things dropped into place and we get four days at it. We're staying quite low (1600) and have never been to Les Arcs before but I'm certain that if we go higher well find some decent skiing. It tends to be about what you ski at what time of day in the late season - I guess the same can be true at anytime but more so late season.

If we get half a day's good skiing and hang around a nice chalet reading a decent book and relaxing in the hot tub it will have been worth the flights. If we get four great day's skiing, even better.

As an aside, probably the best conditions we ever had were one year last week of the season at a lower resort (Le Grand Bornand). Every night it snowed, every day was wall-to-wall blue skies. It went slushy every day at 1:58pm so we skied straight through to 2pm when we picked the kids up from kids club.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lurking in the background, as I tend to do at this time of year. We have skied Spring conditions for the past three years now; twice St. Foy and last year at Les Arcs. Spring skiing is what it is, sunny lunches with wine and pleasant apres watching the sunset. Usually icy first thing, so we hit the slopes about 10am as it starts to hit the sweet snow conditions and continue on until 2 (ish) dependent on the sunshine amounts. Last year at Les Arcs we had fantastic conditions higher up, no snow fall either. This year, looks like a smallish fall of snow forecast for Saturday night to come so we will be heading up the mountain earlier than usual on Sunday, with everyone else no doubt! We arrive on Saturday afternoon and are looking forward to our holiday away from work, regardless of the conditions to be honest! snowHead
snow report
Staying in 1800 at the moment; it's a bit bare low down, more so than this time last year, but there's still fantastic skiing to be had all over the resort. The snow up the Aiguille Rouge this morning was heavenly; chalky and soft all over. Lower down it's spring conditions; follow the sun and you'll have wonderful skiing until at least 3pm, and at that point sun, music and entertainment at the bar by the water slide. What's not to like!
snow report
Monday 27 March. As planned we headed over to the Bellecote bowl on excellent pistes on both sides of the Vanoise Express.

They had worked hard overnight and all the pistes we skied on in the morning were smooth and easy to ski. On the way back they were soft and slushy in places, but also firm and heavy else where.

Once on the Bellecote we made a lap of the bowl and found some good jumps and a mix of soft, hard and cruddy snow. Even a bit of breakable crust. But it was still all fun and a good trip.

Then onto the Friolin Bowl and down in typical spring snow. Quite nice at times, but also challenging.

Finally a picnic lunch at the lake above Les Coches then back to Les Arcs and a few beers at Luigi's with the music playing while relaxing in the sun.

Photos to follow shortly in the Easter Break 2017 album.

Tomorrow we are off to Val d'Isere, More to follow later. Very Happy
snow conditions
Tuesday 28 March. A fun day hunting the spring powder in Val D'Isere. More to come from Les Arcs in tomorrows update.

A group of us went to Val d'Isere today and made plenty of fresh tracks in nice soft spring powder as well as finding some cruddy and crusty snow 'off piste'.

We managed to do 6 of the classic routes which was a bit of a challenge for the legs. But well worth the effort.

The pistes were in excellent condition in the morning everywhere we skied and in the afternoon they were soft and slushy in places. Typical spring conditions just like in Les Arcs and La Plagne.

Take a look at the photos which will be posted shortly to see where we went.

Tomorrow we will be around the Paradiski areas of Les Arcs and La Plagne again. Please send me a PM if you wish to join us for meeting details.

Hope you are all having as much fun this week as we are!

Have a great holiday!
ski holidays
Wednesday 29 March. More fun on the Bellecote today.

Change of plan. Instead of the route to Champagny we went across to the Bellecote North Face before it became to soft. With predicted temps well above freezing by lunch time it was important to get the timing right.

Started out from Arc 1600 on empty and perfectly groomed pistes. The race course in Arc 1600 was also still looking in great condition. The investment last year has certainly paid off.

Then continued across to Arc 1800 and over to Peisey Vallandry. The pistes the whole way across had been well prepared and were nice to ski. Easy to make carving turns and again few people around.

Once over in Les Coches it was the same story. Well prepared pistes all the way to the Roche de Mio. Not much of a queue on the Bellecote gondola so straight up top.

This time we headed straight over to the Petit North Face. Our timing was just right. An easy ski down in nice soft snow with a few places left for us to make our own tracks. Typical spring snow lower down, but not much breakable crust. Just soft and easy to turn. Finally onto the river track and out. Only a very short hike if you stay near the river bank.

Finally reached the Bus stop and back to Peisey for a late lunch.

As the weather was very warm we headed for the waterslide which some of us did and then home! Seem's some people are not brave enough yet!! They still have Friday and even Saturday to prove me wrong!!

Photos from today will be posted shortly in the Easter Break 2017 album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Tomorrow we are off visiting another area again. Be back here from Friday. Hope you are all enjoying the warm weather. Very Happy
snow conditions
Heading to the arcs tomorrow (E-star for a night in Paris, then morning TGV). Expecting 3 or 4 hours skiing a day max, and a great 2 week holiday in the mountains. Can't wait.
ski holidays
Thursday 30 March. A day in another ski area. As a comparison, here are what conditions were like over there. I hope you find this interesting! My report tomorrow will be from the Paradiski area again!

As the season comes towards an end with April beginning this weekend. A group of us went to VT and a hard and fast day on skins, climbing and skiing some excellent soft spring snow.

Started at about 9.30am and finished at 6.30pm. Now that is what you call getting good value from a ski pass.

We managed all three glaciers in the area plus a number of couloirs and long off piste routes. The snow off piste today was a mix of powder (yes in a few sheltered places it really was untracked powder), a little frozen crud (but not very much), NO breakable crust today!! and lots of soft spring snow and softer afternoon slush.

We also used quite a few pistes to get between off piste areas. These were in a very similar condition to the pistes in the Paradiski area. Hard and a little frozen early. Then becoming grippy and firm as the day warmed up before turning to slush on the lower runs by late in the afternoon in some places.

Overall conditions were very similar in VT as on the higher slopes of the Paradiski area both on and off piste. We had a great day and only stopped after one final route after the lifts had closed. Quite a day!

Photos of today will be posted later.

Tomorrow we will be heading to the Bellecote again. Anyone wanting to join us needs to PM me before 9am for meet up details.

I hope you are all having as much fun in the sunny weather as we are. Maybe see some of you at the waterslide at the end of the day! Have a great holiday!
snow report
Saturday 1 April. What a good couple of days.

Yesterday we managed another descent of the Canadian Couloir. Good snow at the start although a little crusty at first, quickly becoming soft and easy to ski. Then turning to spring snow and still enough to reach the stream and almost the whole way to the bus stop.

Then over to the waterslide above Arc 1600 for more fun in the afternoon sun!

TODAY! the weather had changed and we did not get much of a melt before lunch. Started skiing in Les Arcs 1600, then Arc 1800. Over to the Arc 2000 bowl and then all the way to Peisey and across the Vanoise Express.

Then a fast tour of the La Plagne side down to Belle Plagne, up Roche de Mio. Down to Verdon Sud. Up top of the Plagne Centre Stade to see the start of the 'Super Slalom' down to La Roche. Then across to MontAlbert for a nice Omelette lunch.

Back up and over to the bottom of the new Envers Chair. They might have had the opening ceremony yesterday, but the new chair is still not open and I was told today that although it is working, they are not sure when it will be open to the public due to safety paperwork delays! Watch this space for more news!

Down to the bottom of La Roche just in time for the prize giving ceremony then using various lifts a fast ski into Bellecote La Plagne and over towards Les Coches.

Time for some off piste as the snow was finally becoming softer. A nice run down through the meadows and forest back to the Vanoise Express.

Once in Les Arcs across to Arc 1800 and a drink at the Altiport before a final ski down to Arc 1600 and home.

It made a change to have a mainly piste day in flat light most of the time. The route off piste later in the day was also good. The conditions everywhere 'on and off piste' are typical of what you would expect in spring. Frozen and hard in the morning, softening up as the day progresses and re-freezing again the following evening. Today as I was coming home very small snow flakes started to fall and let us hope for fresh snow tomorrow morning.

The Saturday photos of the Bellecote are now posted in the March Easter Break 2017 album. The Sunday photos are in the new April Easter Break 2017 Album on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Tomorrow it is hard to plan so anyone interested in joining us needs to PM me before 9pm for details. We need to check the weather in the morning.

For those driving out the roads are clear and but you are advised to have chains just to be safe,

More to follow tomorrow!
snow conditions
Great day today. Light snow all morning g meaning good couple of cm on the pistes.. A bit windy, Arcabulle closed until about 1pm.Plagnettes open though, so had to go up Varet to get to the top of Col De la Chal . Apart from the top 200m of Arondlieres being like glass (!) itwas glorious snow up that high. It also meant very few people up there. No ice, no moguls, no people. Lovely! In fact as good as it gets in April.

We came back to 1950 at about 2.15 and the spring snow was in evidence. Heavvvyy. Started snowing again about 3.30 :not settling on cleared areas, but is on piste.
Another fine day beckons if they can keep The Col clear of the hordes!
ski holidays
Sunday 2 April. Not very good weather this morning so had a lazy start.

When I did go up the wind was blowing and it was trying to snow, but mainly very light sleet. Met up with others and had a ski around Les Arcs on piste as the clouds meant nothing much off piste had melted before lunch.

After a long and very tasty lunch (thanks!!) we headed up to Malgovert as the weather had improved. The snow was softer and we had a nice ski down through the trees and onto a deserted piste back to Arc 1600.

Only a few photos today which I have attached on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page.

Not sure what I shall be doing tomorrow, it depends on the weather. PM me for meet up details. Very Happy
ski holidays
Monday 3 April. What a turn up! It was a powder day!!

At first I did not think much when I awoke in the morning. But then I got the message, fresh snow at 2000m and enough to make a difference! Made some quick calls and a group of us met at the Vanoise Express at 9.45am.

After a fast ski across La Plagne it was up the Bellecote and amazing. Loads of untracked snow for us to play in.

Made two laps of the bowl, each time finding more fresh tracks. Then over into the Canadian Couloir and only two people had been down before us. More fresh tracks the whole way down and out on the river bed to the bus stop.

Then over to the Waterslide in Les Arcs after a nice picnic. More laughs and a great effort by one small boy! He has it mastered, but needs more speed. After a little drying out by some people, time to head home.

Another great day comes to an end. Powder in April, can't be bad! More to come tomorrow I hope.

Photos from today coming shortly in the April Easter Break 2017 Album. https://www.facebook.com/pg/LesArcsWinter/photos/

Anyone wanting to join us tomorrow please send me a PM before 9am. It will depend on the weather what we will be doing.

If you need good skis or snowboards for these conditions, take a look at the Polaire Star ski shop web site or go into their shop at the bottom of the Funicular in Bourg. They have a great choice of equipment to meet all your needs.

http://www.polairestar.com/
snow report
The day is FINALLY drawing near with just over 3 days to go.... Sunday, and my family fly out to Les Arcs 2000. It's been an awful long wait, following the downs and ups of the season... and looks like mixed conditions coming up.

Should be able to post some late season updates from the position of a family of 5 during our stay. Snowboarding Mum and Dad, two - 8 and 11 - in 'intermediate' lessons and young one (5 in May) in second year of lessons.

Looking forward to a beer in Le Savoy Sunday afternoon after we've picked up the hire gear and lift tickets!
latest report
@Richie_S, We arrive Saturday night - its been an awful long wait for us too (we booked just over a year ago). Two mums with three kids each ages 15, 15, 13, 13, 10 and 8. So if you see us - two beginners and the rest (hopefully) in intermediate ski lessons too - say hi! First time abroad for most of us! I'm hoping there will still be some blue runs with snow! Smile
snow conditions
@Gillap, @Richie_S, plenty of snow about, been snowing most of the morning in fact. Now blue skies and starting to slush up but it really is great conditions. We've another 9 days left, and not anticipating getting the mountain bikes out ( although there were some on the funicular last week. ..)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, We saw mountain bikes in January Crying or Very sad
latest report
@Arctic Roll, that's reassuring. Been reading previous comments on this thread and I've made a list of recommended blue routes for us to try. I'm sure that being in ski school each day will really help getting to know our way around.
snow report
@Arctic Roll, @thefatcontroller, I can trump - that mountain unicycles in January (many years ago I am afraid), but the VTTs are in the funicular earlier and earlier each year. Now it appears they never stop, even racing down the flying K

Keep some snow for me I am coming out on Monday.
snow conditions
Don't think those of you coming out next week have too much to worry about snow-wise. Here in 1950 with the family this week and whilst it's a spring slush fest in the afternoon there is plenty of snow above 1800 and even down at 1600 it's passable. Took the Auguille Rouge red down to Villaroger yesterday just to see how sketchy it is and it is pretty sketchy and barely hanging in towards the bottom, however that's expected this time of year.

The kids have been in spirit/evo2 ski school morning and afternoon and are coming on well. First time in 1950 and for families it's spot on. I'm sure you'll have a great time - wish we were staying another week!
snow conditions
@munter, Thanks for the info, we're with Evolution 2 (mornings) in 2000. Smile
ski holidays
@Arctic Roll, @munter, thanks both, that's good to hear. I've been on webcam watch for months. 2000 looks fine, bottom of Vagere starting to recede, and 1600 looking a little sad. We were there this time last year and had a great time (including a drop of snow mid week). But I don't think there is much difference in conditions overall. Fingers crossed that some of the rain in the forecast doesn't really appear, as I'm looking forward to sunny days!
latest report
We are coming on Saturday too. Save that bloody snow for us Wink. Staying in Peisey Vallandry. It will be 6 year old Smith Junior's 4th week so thinking of ESF mornings for him and family skiing pm, with some long and hopefully sunny lunches in between.
snow report
We fly tomorrow to ski Sat-Tues staying in Courbaton (just below 1600).
I imagine it will be a bit slushy heading home at the end of each day but we're expecting to spend our days higher up on better snow.
latest report
@Higs, how are you getting to the lifts? If you are driving it may be better going around to Pre St Espirit instead of starting at 1600 the livecam at the Combettes lift looks a bit grim.

I have never skied from Courbaton only walked through it in the summer. It looks very spread out to me. Please let us know when you get back what you think of the place.
ski holidays
@johnE, 15 mins on Pre Saint esprit to start the day!! Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Thursday 6 April. Been a busy few days so no time to post.

Tuesday was a bit of a wash out with the bad weather arriving. Not a problem as I had loads to catch up on.

Wednesday we had a big ski around La Plagne and Les Arcs. Started on the piste above Arc 1600. All the way to Vallandry then Peisey and over to La Plagne.

All across the pistes of La Plagne to Mont Albert including some of the piste natures which were fun then back to Les Coches and finally the VE and back onto the Les Arcs side. Across to the waterslide and home.

Thursday with the fresh untracked snow high on the mountains it was another North Face of the Bellecote day. Fresh tracks in real spring powder. Really nice and easy to ski most of the way down with a little walk to finish. Then back to Les Arcs and across the pistes to Arc 1950 for a nice lunch. A run down Malgovert with the youngsters and then Arc 1600. Back up Cachette and down to Arc 1800 to register for the race then finally home.

All the pistes across Les Arcs and La Plagne everywhere we went over the past two days have been OK. Some in very good condition others a little warn, but still OK to ski. You could get down to all the stations we visited without a problem. Even Mont Albert was still OK. They are saying it will stay open until the end of the season. I hope they are correct. The new Envers lift is still closed and I was told today it is unlikely to open this season. Hope they are wrong, we shall see.

I here talk that Villaroger may close this weekend. Hope that is not correct, but it is thin lower down and you must down lift at the bottom.

The Off pistes is typical spring conditions. Hard and frozen in the morning, getting softer as the day goes on and quite easy to ski between 11ish and 1pm. Follow the sun and you should be OK.

Overall I think they are doing a good job of keeping the ski area open for the busy Easter weeks. Anyone coming out will have plenty of places to ski as long as you stay high. It is spring now and mid April soon so IMO conditions are about normal for this time of year.

Hope all those coming out have a great holiday. Anyone wanting to meet up please send me a PM for more details.
snow conditions
So a late night update, excuse speeling errors...

Another great day of piste skiing, as long as you keep high. Weather outstanding, it's tee shirt time. As per radio ' R les Arcs ' 97.4fm , 2000 bowl in the am, switch to the 'front' face of 1800 /1600/ peisey mid late morn. Froide Fontaine and Carrely are superb between 11.30 and 12.30. We reckon it's 11/ 12 mins to lap depending on Arpette queue, so you should be able to get 5 runs in per hour. .. we have!

Arondlieres and Grand Col start to slush up by about 3.30. Lanches and Dou de l'homme big moguls, steep, a ' challenge' even late in the day. But oh so worth it. And we think are capable of staying open for a couple more weeks- there are no bare patches on the hill yet.

They reckon 145km of piste still open on Arcs side, which can't be bad. We're off to LP tomorrow, see what we can see over there.

So long as the rain stays away, anyone out tomorrow or Sun (as above) you going to love it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy