Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2016/17 Weather Report

Poster: A snowHead
more like it snowHead http://www.mayrhofen.at/en/topnavi/webcam/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks great! Hope the temp stays low enough for cannons too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's snowing in the valley at the moment and the forecast is for snow off and on all week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see they plan to open Penken on 26th Nov this year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winter wonderland this morning 😀

http://www.mayrhofen.at/en/topnavi/webcam/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Way more snow than last year and forecast to snow for next few days. Yahoo!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
canons going too snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've talked about it for years but never made it to Austria. Flights to Innsbruck on 8/1 are now booked. Stoked! Mayrhofen is front runner just looking at options. Will be obsessing over this thread from now on.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
still well below and canons going . snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forecast is a bit more snow and then warming up next week. Hope the thaw is short lived !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
still cold this week http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/wetter/berg/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
that is at 2500 though .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FIngers crossed for a great Zillertal season - I'm at Zell am Ziller with the family in February. Then I've got another week in Mayrhofen in March, but sadly that's lads only with no family in tow.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looking at a week on my own 17 dec . so checking to web cams and snow report several times a day . if this snow lasts to the end of November I will book for mayrhofen . fingers crossed .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiing open down to Sommerbergalm at a Hintertux today

http://winter.intermaps.com/zillertal_3000?lang=en

@tim000, hope it will!! I will be there a week later so more like praying to the snow gods it stays. Cannons on again I see too. At least they are making hay!
ski holidays
I went ski touring in Hochfügen today. The snow was lovely! I couldn't see anything most of the time, so that was nice Toofy Grin I took some pictures of the new Waidoffen chairlift - for those of you who have skied in Hochfügen before, it's in exactly the same place as the Hochfügen 2000 4 chair was. http://alpinefreedom.co.uk/first-powder-turns-new-season-hochfugen/
They're saying that they will be opening on the 26th November. The forecast is predicting a temperature increase next week. Hopefully, it won't be too high, for too long!
snow report
@SaraJ, yer link's bust
ski holidays
@SaraJ, thanks for the post. Looks great. Link works for me.

Trying to remember which chair it is.
snow conditions
@red 27, Is the link still not working for you? It works for me, so it's a puzzle to know what the problem might be.
@Bennyboy1, It's the chairlift that you can see from the 8er Alm (the top of the 8erJet gondola).
snow report
@SaraJ, ok I know it. I will test it out in Jan hopefully. There for at least a day maybe two.
ski holidays
@SaraJ, It's good now - was returning some sort of 404/505 error before.

You fed the hamsters I take it?
snow conditions
@red 27, Great Smile Thanks for letting me know.
The hamsters had run out of schnapps wink
ski holidays
@SaraJ, Toofy Grin

I'm going to Hippach/Mayrhofen in late Jan. The Hochfugen area looks interesting and I like lots of variety in terms of trying new areas and going on outings. Would you say it's practical/sensible to do a day trip? We are unlikely to have a car...
ski holidays
@red 27, Absolutely!
Get on the train in Mayrhofen (or in Hippach/Ramsau if that is closer to where you're staying), get off in Kaltenbach, walk about 300m to the Hochzillertal gondola and ski over to Hochfügen.
The train runs every half hour, takes about 25mins and is free if you have a lift pass and ski equipment.
snow conditions
@SaraJ, Great - thanks.
latest report
red 27 wrote:
@SaraJ, Toofy Grin

I'm going to Hippach/Mayrhofen in late Jan. The Hochfugen area looks interesting and I like lots of variety in terms of trying new areas and going on outings. Would you say it's practical/sensible to do a day trip? We are unlikely to have a car...
did it a few years ago on a board . as sara says , train to kaltenbach is easy .
snow conditions
Was there last year for a week and skied a different area every day. The free buses and trains make it really easy. Enjoyed it so much that I'm back this Jan for ten days!
latest report
This morning the temps have picked up a lot. Anywhere between -2 and +10 at Penken. Camera could be showing the the wrong current temp
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bennyboy1, -2C near the top of Hochfügen according to the webcams. The forecast for this week doesn't look like any extreme temperatures are on the way http://www.hochfuegenski.com/wetter-webcams/live-webcams/ It's a miserable +2C in the valley under a gloomy layer of cloud at the moment.
snow report
@Bennyboy1, Don't stress about the snow - the weather will do what it does. There'll be snow, or there won't. If there isn't you can be sure that the lift companies will do what they can to have something skiable.
snow conditions
@SaraJ, Cool

Always stressing about the snow Smile
latest report
Was nice and sunny at Hintertux today though Smile
snow report
What's happened to the camera above Vans, it was on the lift company website a couple of days ago but has disappeared? Not on Mayrhofen or Bergfex either (Bergfexis missing Penken as well).
snow conditions
Must have overheated.
snow conditions
http://m.mayrhofner-bergbahnen.com/en/webcams
snow report
Yup, as I said, not there any more Sad
latest report
Here are all the web cams you need
http://www.feratel.com/en/webcams-weather/austria/tirol/mayrhofen.html

If you click on any resort to to the left you'll get more web cams. Try Finkenberg for the penkenjoch
ski holidays
@Ghost Dog, ok I am not sure which one you mean then.
latest report
For the hard of reading/thinking, he means " the camera above Vans PARK", at the top of the Sun Jet lift.
latest report
@JimboS, not hard of thinking or hearing. But as I haven't been there I don't know where it is placed. But clearly your help for deaf people is very kind.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy