Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Bargain thread!

Poster: A snowHead
@anarchicsaltire, I see that Amazon clearly aren't selling enough snowchains (perhaps their computer hasn't sussed that this is a seasonal item) and the price for the Spikes Spider medium chain has been reduced to £36.29. This makes it cheaper than 6 pairs of long links including delivery from Roofbox, and the price for a fitted set of medium chains down to under £90.

Increasingly absurd. Any existing Spikes Spider user who fancies having a few spare bits should certainly consider these. A new set of the studs would cost over £100 normally.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice one Alastair, Got 3 sets for a hundred quid. One medium for the wife's car and and a double botched large for mine. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jimmjimm, the price keeps falling! Hope you haven't forgotten the fixing kits...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair, do you knowmif the mounting kits on Amazon include the spacer bolts etc? Looks like I'll need new chains next winter and the price is almost too good to miss but there's very little detail on what's actually included in each set.
I presume I'd need one (or two) chain sets, a mount kit and the bolt clips?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mgrolf wrote:
@Alastair, do you knowmif the mounting kits on Amazon include the spacer bolts etc? Looks like I'll need new chains next winter and the price is almost too good to miss but there's very little detail on what's actually included in each set.
I presume I'd need one (or two) chain sets, a mount kit and the bolt clips?

The mount kit includes the locking ring, mounting ring, cosmetic cover, spacers and wheel nut clips/mounts.

So you need one set of Spikes-Spider Sport Snow Chains Size M 1 Pair or 2 sets to make a large and one set Spikes-Spider Mounting System for Spanner Width 17 mm assuming you have 17mm wheel nuts.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry to report that the M size, having dropped further to just over £30 for a pair, has now gone up to £199.78 which is closer to a sensible number. It's clearly worth monitoring these if you're planning to buy, as real bargains do appear from time to time and there's plenty of time before next season.

camelcamelcamel.com is a good way of monitoring Amazon prices automagically.

@mgrolf, @anarchicsaltire sums it up correctly. You need one pair of chains and one mounting kit. The mounting kit you mount on your wheels before you go away and the chains attach quickly to the mounting kit when you need them. The chains are matched to the size of your wheel/tyre and the mounting kit to the size of your nuts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@anarchicsaltire, @Alastair, thanks. Amazon's info on the mounting kits was sparse to say the least.
You snooze, you lose with these crazy prices...but as they're for a car that I haven't got yet and may not even have in time for for 2020 winter season, I can afford to wait!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gone up to £325 now. Phew.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mytyres selling a wide range of winter tyres on ebay.

Everything from single tyres to a full set on steel wheels.

Use code PRICECUT15 for a 15% discount until May 31st.

Just ordered one for my van to replace a punctured one that can't be repaired.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.glideslide.co.uk/skis are selling off some popular skis at big discounts and not just in lengths suitable for giants and midgets.

Atomic Redster G7 @ £287.50 incl bindings
Blizzard Bonafide @ £270 ski only
Blizzard Brahma @ £255 ski only
Soul 7 @ £370 incl bindings
Nordica Dobermann Spitfire @ £340 incl bindings
Atomic vantage 90 & 97 Ti @£400 incl bindings
Similar price for Head Supershape Magnum and Titan & Kore 93.

& more incl 40+% off womens skis from Head and Rossignol
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.glideslide.co.uk/16494/products/differences-da82-makassar-skis-with-k12cti-pro-bindings.aspx Prettiest skis I’ve ever seen. It’s a bargain from the original price, just not a bargain compared to what you can get for your money in the mainstream
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oitbc wrote:
https://www.glideslide.co.uk/16494/products/differences-da82-makassar-skis-with-k12cti-pro-bindings.aspx Prettiest skis I’ve ever seen......

For pretty but combined with the latest carbon lay-ups check out: https://www.pfdskis.com which are handmade in the UK by my buddy Rupe.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£57 for a set of look bindings. They do free fitting also

https://www.snowandrock.com/p/look-look-spx-dual-wtr-b120-J1514628.html?colour=3651
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Would you trust S&R to fit them? wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ster wrote:
Would you trust S&R to fit them? wink
I'd be concerned when they ask what side do you want them on. Shocked
ski holidays
https://www.urbanindustry.co.uk/collections/sale/products/arcteryx-beta-ar-jacket-midnight-sun

Extra 15% off
snow report
Brand alley have spyder jacket in at £163
ski holidays
Atomic X5 in most sizes 40% off. Looks like they could be shipped to Austria FOC if anyone is heading there for half term....

https://m.biker-boarder.de/atomic/2483774s.html
ski holidays
Privatesportshop are selling ski passes (Avoriaz amongst them) for supposedly 44% off. I haven’t looked into the fine print though.
snow report
All discounts and bargains from 22 shops in Europe on skis and snowboards, with discount (as of today) up to 60% on Gearscore : https://www.gearscore.co.uk/skis/special-offers/
latest report
@proskilab, just wondering, are you linked to gearscore?
latest report
A heads up - sportpursuit currently has a lot of Arcteryx gear on sale...

Long delivery times (early April??) so no good if you need urgently . But if you are looking for stuff for next season - could be worthwhile.

e.g. Rush jackets £ 340 (RRP £ 570) . Proton LT jacket £ 120 / RRP £200 (I bought one of these - great as a mid layer under a shell)
ski holidays
@sheffskibod, its states that the Arc'teryx stuff on Sportspursuit could be sample products, now I don't mind if it is for the price but just wondering if its covered under Arc'teryx warranty? I brought one Norrøna sample product once and it was not covered.
snow report
@sheffskibod, great tip! There is (currently) a good selection of colours and sizes, which is unusual for these sorts of sales.
ski holidays
They badge them as samples but aren't they do special runs and/or clear stock.
snow conditions
I hadn't noticed the small print Embarassed ... I dont really mind for the price so long as a genuine product I suppose. I have one proton LT already so will compare .

When I ordered , the delivery quoted was early April

But they emailed me today with tracking information so presume on its way...

I will update on here once arrived with regards to "sample products " ...and what that actually means !
snow report
I've bought to Alphas, one AR and one SV and both are identical to non-sample products.
snow conditions
Plum clothing & equipment on privatesportshop.co.uk on sale Sunday 7th March
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Loads of Smith goggles and helmets on Sport Pursuit.
ski holidays
My proton LT jacket has arrived . Looks identical to my existing shop bought jacket.

Label has sample on it. I assume these are genuine arcteryx products they use for display at trade shows or given to reps etc...?

ski holidays
Privatesportsshop has ski boots on decent discount if you dare to buy on-line.
latest report
Thought I’d resurrect this thread as I was thinking there’d be loads of end of season bargains but I don’t seem to have heard of any. Anyone seen any? Got to be a good way to look forward to future skiing!
snow report
I imagine it’s because everyone is on lockdown
snow report
I’ve just gotten some new Falke ski socks from SocksFox (https://socksfox.com/), I like the SK5’s but they have SK4’s and SK2’s as well. All seem to be under £10 a pair, but sizes are limited.
latest report
swoafs wrote:
Thought I’d resurrect this thread as I was thinking there’d be loads of end of season bargains but I don’t seem to have heard of any. Anyone seen any? Got to be a good way to look forward to future skiing!

The lack of bargains is something that has surprised me too. In the past I've taken advantage of some great deals in March as vendors look to clear out odds and ends and generate a bit of cash flow before the season dies off. But this year there's very little that has caught my eye, possibly because I'm not currently in the market for anything in particular.
latest report
I've got the last few remaining Whitedots on sale here which is for snowHeads only: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=152348
snow report
diaphon wrote:
I’ve just gotten some new Falke ski socks from SocksFox (https://socksfox.com/), I like the SK5’s but they have SK4’s and SK2’s as well. All seem to be under £10 a pair, but sizes are limited.

Thanks for the heads up, 3 x pairs of SK4’s ordered at £8.95 a pair Very Happy
snow report
Fish_Head wrote:
diaphon wrote:

same here snowHead
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
Fish_Head wrote:
diaphon wrote:

same here snowHead

Me three!!
snow conditions
Thanks, got a few for the whole family.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy