Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Appears under control now so fingers crossed not too much damage.

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The fire was at The Tibetan. Hopefully everyone is ok
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I’m sat in ô Chalet just behind and there is no smoke anymore.

Hopefully everyone is ok. We saw the pompiers go in and come back out - no ambulances anywhere so fingers crossed nobody hurt.

Not a good start to the season for them, poor sods.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jenniper.... I've seeing o Chalet pop up on instagram quite a lot recently and the food looks really good. Was it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not eating, just a having a couple of vin rouges but the staff is super friendly and some people having the burgers a few yards away look like they are enjoying them. It smells nice in here and it’s making me hungry Smile

Also - happy hour *thumbs up*
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh happy hour sounds like my sort of place! Whats the price for a pint?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
4€ from 4pm - 7pm. Same as Haka Bar.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What terrible timing for the Tibetan, just before the hordes descend on Morzine. Hopefully not too damage.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Cremaillere (Lindarets village) is always reliable for luncheoning...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all
Does anyone have experience of the motorhome parks in le get and morzine?been trying to email them to get a reservation but no luck,wondered if we could just pitch up?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dnh the aire for motorhomes in Les Gets is first come first served with no reservation possible.
Its slope side at the bottom of town and the petite train stops out side for day time access to the main lifts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From the Tibetan Bars Facebook page......

NEWS:
We are extremely sorry to announce that our pride and joy, The Tibetan Café had a fire incident today. We unfortunately will be closed for the time being ( French paperworks will tell us how long...)
We are obviously sad at this moment having temporarily lost the bar and not spending the New
Year together.
We promise we will be back, better than ever!!!
Follow us for more information!!!
We will not forget you (Facebook will not allow us to tag as many people as we want...)
WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
And can’t wait to see you again!
P.S and if you don’t see us, find us as strippers at Tibetan lounge Evian with Papy and Tony being the highlights wink wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow is great today. I’m glad I made us pay the extra for the PDS passes over the muchos cheapo Avoriaz passes - it’s a lot quieter over towards Châtel.

Snow is falling thick & fast as we have lunch in the Brasserie Chez Lenvers (I think Laughing ) - can’t see out the window really and JE SUIS TRES FATIGUE with all this powder!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skied Pleney, Nyon and Let's Gets. Not many lifts open and very little pisted Toofy Grin
Powder everywhere, bottomless higher up. Virtually empty this morning.

Fabulous snow.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arrived in Morzine this lunchtime after prompt work by Easyjet and Skiidy Gonzales. Nipped out for a few hours up Pleney, Nyon and over to Les Gets. As @zzz says, not very much open, but the snow is fantastic. Lots of fun to be had skiing powder on the pistes that aren't open yet. Very quiet too. I felt a bit miffed when I had to share a chairlift. Very Happy

Now sat in La Taverne having a refreshment. It's just stopped snowing, having dumped snow for the last few hours. The stuff they piste tonight is going to be awesome!
snow conditions
Why would pisted be awesome? It was much nicer today where they hadn’t pisted (everywhere).
latest report
Has anyone been ski testing at the Rock On event this weekend in Avoriaz? Any feedback, please.

We originally planned to come on Friday, but the roads were not in good enough shape, now we're contemplating tomorrow if roads are clear, which depends on what time it stops snowing tonight.
snow conditions
I have. Tested Salomon xdr 88s and Rosignol experience 88s.

Register online first. Bring two forms of id. There was a bit of a queue to get the pass when I arrived (10ish); probs 10 mins. I was after relatively wide AM skis and length stock was limited. They’ve either only bought a few of each size or (more likely given conditions) most people were after a similar ski. You get them for 1.5-2 hours. Enough time to get over to Chatel and back today. Website shows the brands present.
Avoriaz was quite busy as weekend and cheap passes. Plaine Dranse much quieter so the PdS pass worthwhile for us.
latest report
@rondo101, thanks for that. We'd registered already, so good there. We've never skied Avoriaz before and focus will be on new piste skis for OH if we make it, so assume we'll just stay local.

And welcome to Snowheads!
snow conditions
No worries and thanks; long-time lurker, didn’t realise I hadn’t posted yet!

There weren’t any groomed pistes today really. It was either powder fields (see above) or they got chopped up pretty quick. With tomorrow’s forecast you should have a good day, assuming the bashers do their bit tonight. It’s stopped snowing now.
ski holidays
Having a lovely lunch in Chez Babeth - thanks for the recommendation Mr Swindon. Pro tip for first timers - come in and be assertive in asking for a table - if you just stand by the door nobody will pay you much attention Laughing
ski holidays
@Jenniper, glad you enjoyed it in there. Does it still look like Christmas exploded in there? Laughing
snow report
Somebody definitely basically puked Christmas in there. And on the outside too! It must have taken DAYS! Laughing

Today was lovely. This afternoon was particularly special, when the sun came out a bit. The vis was perfect and the light was just sublime. Makes you feel good to be alive!
ski holidays
@Jenniper, sounds like a perfect day! 34 days until I'm there
snow report
It was - even though the proclou lift was en panne this morning, so we had to session the blues back down to the Super Morzine. Officially closed - ahem - but lovely soft corduroy with fluffy powder on the side, it was great! We once again headed back over to Châtel - Pleine Dranse was super as always but it was a bit icy towards Linga. All in all a top day. Going to head up the Pleney side tomorrow so will report back. Bit more snow due in the morning before sunshine on Tuesday and Wednesday so I’m a happy girl. Cool
snow conditions
@Jenniper, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Awesome snow in Saturday but with poor visibility - Happy valley largely untracked until Sunday lunchtime.
The stash is fully open, and the Satellite did not get heavily tracked until Sunday afternoon.
Still lots of untracked stuff under the top of the Chaux de Roses, and under Rochassons chairs.
ski holidays
What a day yesterday. And there’s yet another fresh 10cm in town with snow falling heavily
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Waist deep powder yesterday dropping off the side of the Coupe du Monde, it honestly doesn't get any better. Managed to get in 3 or 4 laps before it started getting tracked out and then headed over to Fornet which wasn't as deep but still very good.
snow report
The best start to the season for a few years! It's great to hear about your ski adventures, can't wait to talk about a few of my own, arrive 6th Jan - 19 days for us. Not bragging @no_snow_in_swindon, just excited!
snow conditions
doddsie wrote:
Waist deep powder yesterday dropping off the side of the Coupe du Monde

Do you have very short legs Puzzled

It was deep but not that deep.
latest report
@zzz, where’s your Xmas spirit? After the last few December’s I think he’s entitled to some gentle exageration!
snow conditions
Recently moved to Morzine, wondering if anyone has recommendations for a shop for ski repair?

Got a ding that needs some sealing/clamping but not sure where to head to!
snow report
@thomas_, FB Freeride just down from the Pleney lift, next door to the Hotel Tremplin.
latest report
zzz wrote:
doddsie wrote:
Waist deep powder yesterday dropping off the side of the Coupe du Monde

Do you have very short legs Puzzled

It was deep but not that deep.

Doddsie is only 5'5" Smile
snow conditions
Yes I am quite short, but it was easily up to my waist. Only on the steep side when you dropped off the Coupe du Monde down towards the Combe du Machon. Found some even deeper stuff off the right hand side of the Bleue du Lac, next to the barriers.
ski holidays
@doddsie, I had to unclip my board under the Rochassons on Saturday, as the poor vis / flat light had led me into a low spot.
Whilst on my board the snow was just above knee height, but upon unclipping, it got up to where it had no right to be.

What have I learned from this : when you're off-piste and can't see where you're going, go fast so you don't get stuck Smile
ski holidays
I'm not going to pretend I know much about skiing but I think I can safely say it doesn't get much better than Avoriaz today, blue skies and empty piste 😂
latest report
How do you think the snow on/off piste will be come Dec 25th? A small amount due tomorrow then nothing for a week, with somewhat mild weather. Will it still be pretty great do you think? Runs back to base not rock hard?
snow report
Impossible to say, ive never skied on piste so soft! Had one run through the village which was hard packed but I'd say done on purpose to save on poling.
I've maybe 12 weeks skiing and this is the best day ever 😂 but I always seem to say that.
Unless it snows again or you know secret places there won't be much untracked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy