Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2018/19 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc etc etc

Poster: A snowHead
Wish I hadn’t opened the curtains! Looking any better anywhere across the 3V?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@orange, OMG - that bad? Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Terrible viz in Méribel-Village, about 50m

Lots of dissapointed kids @ breakfast table, really hope it clears up.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah it’s prettg dire up here - lifting ever so slightly maybe 30m viz now. Looked at all forecasts and it should improve somewhat.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in mottaret I think it's looking like another day indoors! Looking at all the webcams it's the same in every village
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's one of the issues of being based in VT, no trees to help in poor visibility.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Starting to clear in VT, moraine and portette runs in the sunshine!

Cloud is stuck in the town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, yes no trees definitely a disadvantage - although it feels like lots of runs clear above the cloud around moraine, portette and grand fond. Blue skies!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Handy Turnip, sounds promising, have a good day!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Handy Turnip wrote:
Starting to clear in VT, moraine and portette runs in the sunshine!

Cloud is stuck in the town.

Scrap that - managed to do one glorious run in the sunshine on Moraine but we could see the clouds creeping their way back up the mountain.

At least we got one perfect run in!

Gives me a little hope it may clear later

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 12-04-19 8:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just got lost above the Altiport. Is borderline unskiable. Heading up over Saulire shortly. Will report back.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seems to have closed back in on mottaret too. Can't even see the roof of the restaurant below!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sun out again - I can’t keep up!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Clear in VY
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Which are the easiest blues in val thorens?
latest report
Sun out at top of Saulire but cloudy below c. 2600. T
snow report
Clear at village level in VT.
ski holidays
polo99 wrote:
Which are the easiest blues in val thorens?

Gentiane is probably the easiest blue in VT.

Moraine’s a lovely blue too.
snow report
Second the above, Gentiane is one of my fav pistes as a snowboarder as can just practice nice big carvy turns.
ski holidays
Thanks @Handy Turnip, @Drew Carey, still stuck indoors at mottaret but might get out for a few hours this afternoon. It just looks so grim
ski holidays
@polo99, there are some nice blues of the Verdons lift from Courchevel.
snow report
@kitenski, thanks. Not going to get out today. Just took the plattieres gondola up to the top and it is like pea soup. Visibility is only about 20m so gonna give today a miss
snow report
Quote:

@polo99, there are some nice blues of the Verdons lift from Courchevel.

Are you sure? Wrong lift maybe? I can't think of any blues that you can access from Verdons.
ski holidays
@kieranm, hmm, they may actually be greens, apart from Biollay - I was thinking that whole area with across the golf course was a blue! Seems to be family fun area now:oops:

but in that area there are a fair few once you get up there! Using this lift map here https://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/maps/2019/2019-Courchevel.jpg
snow report
Beautiful blue sky for our last day. Heading over to the Meribel valley from VT. We only got as far as the mont vallons runs on Wednesday (Which we loved!) - any other must-dos over there, and given conditions/aspects which order should we go round the valley?
ski holidays
The reds descending from Saulire all the way towards Mottaret.
The black and red pistes descending from Chanrosa. see that the red has a short parallel and interesting slightly off piste version
ski holidays
@Pejoli, if you are up Saulire, I'd drop into Courchevel, and ski the reds and blacks off Vizelle, (Pylones, Suisses, M) for the blacks. then take the reds back to Meribel as @drporat, suggests
latest report
Thanks - on the way up to Salire - just saw two marmottes under the pas lift, so kids very happy!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at various weather forecasts, there's no snow predicted in Val Thorens today Confused
However, looking out of the window of the BU5 4 DUB... it's hammering down! snowHead

Contrary to most predictions, it snowed on and off throughout the night last night and fairly consistently throughout the day at varying intensity.
High up this afternoon, there was excellent snow - well, it felt like excellent snow underfoot, at the edge of the piste, but I couldn't see enough to even ski short off-piste sections that I know well.
However, lower down where there were more markers for contrast, there were still a few inches of fresh to soften up the squidgy/icy stuff underneath. Basically, it started getting feasible from just above the bottom station of the Grand Fond - so nice runs down each side of the Arolles under the Moutiere. The rocks of Boismint provided good markers of what way was down so that was fun too.

There's already a decent refresh down and there doesn't seem to be any wind, so if it keeps up much longer like it is at the moment, everything is going to be very lush indeed.
At some point soon, the sun is going to come out (no, I know it wont tonight!) and it could be one of the best days of the season, perhaps rivalling even the last Friday of the EoSB Cool

Anyone in the neighbourhood tomorrow?
ski holidays
A little update on Courchevel lift updgrades/changes for those interested -

- the new Le Praz base station taking shape:

Most pylons are in on the new line, but no cables strung yet.
The Le Praz lake is currently drained and being re-shaped - looks like it will be a bit smaller than the old one. The finished base area is going to be quite a change for those who were used to the old one.

Top station work site. To my understanding the Tovets chair top station is moving downhill slightly to make space for the new Prz top station. Quite a bit of work still to do here!

latest report
Thanks!
snow conditions
Thanks for the update, coming back in February so will be monitoring this thread with interest.
snow report
Hello. Anyone here? Looking to head to Courchevel 1650 towards the end of March. Hoping it won’t be a slush fest wink
latest report
Last year’s thread!
snow conditions
Year, I realised after posting Sad
latest report
stellaps wrote:
Yeah, I realised after posting Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy