Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Datawax base cleaner and wax remover

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used the Datawax citrus based base cleaner and wax remover? If so, any good?

https://www.theski-shop.co.uk/191126/products/datawax-base-cleaner-and-wax-remover-spray-500ml.aspx?currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyeTU1suF3QIVzZztCh16-QE6EAQYASABEgJKRvD_BwE

Up until now I've used the Toko HC3 wax remover (which has nearly run out). I'm just interested to know if the citrus based cleaner works as well as the solvent based one.

I don't really want this thread to expand into a debate as to why I should be hot scraping instead of using a base cleaner; as I use both methods.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Awdbugga, Can't comment on Datawax but Zardoz Super Z citrus base cleaner is excellent. Great for removing everyday sticky residues too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spiderjon's base cleaner is citrus-based so I think you can assume citrus-based ones work.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mjit wrote:
Spiderjon's base cleaner is citrus-based so I think you can assume citrus-based ones work.

That’s good enough for me. Thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have the larger red 500ml bottle I leave it in resort for use as no fire risk but tend towards anything that works at home.
Seems to be fine from memory I like to keep the tools clean and use it on top sheets as well .

Cleaning tools at £12.50 for 500ml may leave you with other choices like paint prep solvent etc

Even fanny waxologists have cheaper wax tool cleaner at £4.90
https://www.ellisons.co.uk/wax-master-equipment-cleaner-500ml-17fl-oz.html

At home I use a strong solvent on bases an tools because I have solvent to use up but not on the top sheet as it melts /smears it .
I once asked on here why solvent is detrimental to ones base and suspect it is but for my use Im ok with it on tools an older boards with loads of repairs .

Really spyderjon is needed to give his theory on acetone type of solvents on bases ?

Some solvents like automotive pre paint wax cleaner , glue cleaner or Acetone could well microscopically melt the base pores closed
I dont know but suspect its possible just like the top sheets melt an smear it all depends on the types of plastics and solvent used which is a minefield for the average diy person.

Possibly other strong solvents have a similar issue as using house irons .....if people cant see the house iron melting the ptex pores closed with a mark one eyeball ..then they think it isnt happening .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy