Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways Data Theft

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Little Martin, thanks. Not knowing anything about this industry I would have assumed that monitoring to see if a third party had altered the code of your website would have been an essential part of developing your website, especially when it comes to anything which transmits financial or personal information. I was pretty shocked at what I read in your link.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Little Martin, wow. Thanks for posting that link - fascinating stuff.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm regularly shocked at what I find during Information System audits.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
People, if you have any reason to suspect that your card was compromised CANCEL IT. Previous experience is that stolen data takes a while to get to the market. So expect a batch of credit card frauds soon. Why take the risk? Surely you've got other cards you can use in the interim? What's the inconvenience compared to someone spending up to your credit limit, and possible using valid card data to get a massive loan in your name? you'd be dealing with the fallout for years.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LaForet, My friend was caught up in this, and the card company had already seen the transaction to BA, and had disabled his card for phone and internet use, ( anything without PIN ). Quite sensible I thought, whilst they deliver a new card for him.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a little update on this one - I had made a booking a day or so after BA said they had tapped off the data breach.

However, my NatWest CC started to be declined a week or so back - I have spoken to NatWest about this today and all CC providers were informed on the 21st September of more "potentially impacted CCs" by BA.

Mine was on this list, and NatWest (correctly) blocked it straight away, pending issue of a new card.

Thought it worth flagging up in case anyone else has had problems using their card and wondering why - might be the same thing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I just got a new debit card from Lloyds, despite not having requested one yet (but was going to), for no fathomable reason at all, as not due to expire. Methinks this may be why, they just haven't said so.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA just released an update. Looks like more people were affected: "...the hackers may have stolen additional personal data and we are notifying the holders of 77,000 payment cards, not previously notified, that the name, billing address, email address, card payment information, including card number, expiry date and CVV have potentially been compromised, and a further 108,000 without CVV. The potentially impacted customers were those only making reward bookings between April 21 and July 28, 2018, and who used a payment card."
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And: "In addition, from the investigation we know that fewer of the customers we originally announced were impacted. Of the 380,000 payment card details announced, 244,000 were affected. Crucially, we have had no verified cases of fraud."
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"we have had no verified cases of fraud"...yet!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cathay also hacked: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cathay-pacific-cyber/cathay-pacific-shares-slide-to-nine-year-low-as-data-leak-rattles-investors-idUSKCN1MZ05R?utm_source=applenews
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm one of the 108,000 - according to an email from BA today. Yesterday I got an email from Amex saying don't worry about the BA breech, we're looking out for you. Do I ask for a new card or not?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I'm one of the 108,000 - according to an email from BA today. Yesterday I got an email from Amex saying don't worry about the BA breech, we're looking out for you. Do I ask for a new card or not?

Yes! Always safety first with these things.

I haven’t booked with BA for about 6 months or so and theoretically wasn’t affected based on what they released, but the same night someone managed to spend money on my BA AMEX card.

I called AMEX who normally spot these things first, but this time took a few days before accepting it was a fraudulent charge.

Anyway in short don’t risk it, although you’re not liable it’s just an unnecessary headache.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been affected by the second breach (booked an Avios redemption during the ~3 month window)

My Amex was affected by card fraud a few a weeks ago, same card I used at BA, first time I've ever had fraud on any Amex card.

Most annoying though is that all my info is out there somewhere, with the potential for ID fraud etc. Plus my "non-spam" email address.

There's a class action lawsuit if anyone is interested:

https://www.badatabreach.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy