Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2018/2019

Poster: A snowHead
Hello
Is Mont Chery still open this week?
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I didn’t look like it was moving yesterday and there is significantly more grasss than snow below the middle station.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks snowfraise. Very helpful.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@simonopt, it’s a real shame as we love the back side of that hill!

We’re heading over towards Chatel this morning - just hope everything is open over there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@simonopt, on route planning last night was mentioned that it was closed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowfraise, There is still plenty of snow in Chatel and majority of area is open other than Pertit Chatel, La Chapelle and Torgon sectors which are now closed as planned.

Super Chatel and Linga sectors remain open until 14th. PLJ and link to Avoriaz continues until 22 April.

Lift ticket prices are discounted by 32pct from the 15th.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great, thanks Guys

Mont Chery is cracking isn't. Will have to wait until next year to get back up there.

Will head up to Ardent instead and take it from there. Out for a few days. Looks like it'll be pretty good. Light snow (mostly) and getting cooler.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you @Ozboy, we had a great time across in Châtel - hardly anyone there! The boys played around on the speed clock at Chalet Neuf for a while.
I was a bit nervous about pistes after lunch being churned up, but there aren’t enough people here to do that and although it’s sunny, it’s pretty cold in the shade.
The odd restaurant is closed, understandably give how quiet it is, but still plenty of choice!
Today, we’re heading to Crozets. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, the skiing is definitely over now. And the weather has been beautiful (until this afternoon, when it rained properly!)

DSC_0924.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick hike up to Nauchet (1500-1700m) this morning. Good 15-20cm of cold fresh snow lying around

They've started digging the access roads out
IMG-7466

Powder hound following my tracks down, similar shot posted on Page 2, in the same spot, 6 months later to the day
Screenshot-2019-04-29-at-12-01-38

View towards the bowl from top of Nauchet lift
IMG-7479

And over towards Mont Chery from Chavannes
IMG-7455

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 29-04-19 11:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@polo,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Pamski, I am 'sharing the slopes' Madeye-Smiley , only met one other person, and she was jogging

Better view of snow quality today on this little vid of the dog getting excited at the start of a run

http://youtube.com/v/i2_fOw_yoKQ
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@polo, I had given you a row of smiley faces but they failed to come out. Looks terrific! I think my Share the Slope came from seeing it in
Stowe, VT.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another great monday, better snow, and almost 'busy', met 3 different groups of ski tourers heading up towards Ranfoilly.....all much older than me, which is inspiring, as am feeling the effects of a long season / and ehhh weekend.

Aerial shot, who needs drones
webcam

towards the bowl
bowl

base depth view along a track across the nauchet (about 1600m)
base

towards freeride / chamossiere
cham

getting tracked out in places....
tracks

Lots of rain coming wednesday, so that's gotta be the end
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Big weekend with the World Cup XC and DH in Les Gets at the same time as the Harley Davidson bash in Morzine. Never seen such crowds in the streets, and utter chaos on the roads.
UCI event has completely taken over town, almost every street and parking lot is covered in bike tents for servicing and parts. Good atmosphere and crowds for the XC and DH events yesterday at Chavannes and today on Mont Chery. More finals tomorrow.

Then you have the constant drone of Harleys all through the evening as well, as they echo around the valley.

Some quick snaps from the phone

IMG-7726
IMG-7710
IMG-7707
IMG-7721

Here's the view of the downhill track from my sofa this morning
IMG-7722
snow conditions
For those interested women's and men's finals are on RedBull tv tomorrow with catch up of yesterday's and today's events also available free of charge.
snow conditions
Tranquility has returned this week after the reported crowds of 60k people visiting Morzine / Les gets last weekend. Apparently riot police were called to disperse a crowd of 5k outside the Black Bear in the centre of Les Gets on Sat night.

There's a nice highlights vid of the UCI event still on redbull tv, about 30mins long.....but to really grasp the danger / speed of these guys, check out Pierrons head cam vid, as he flies down the front of Mont Chery (1750-1200m) in under 3 mins. Speeds of 68-69 kph, and a forest section that is 44 degrees steep.

http://youtube.com/v/HUyPUVvqPTo

The world cup finals are being hosted here in Sep 2020. Currently a candidate for finals in 2021 as well, but confirmed to be hosting the World Championships in 2022 (should be a 5-6 day event).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy