Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glensnow

Poster: A snowHead
fantastic conditions today at the Coe.

Have a look at this;
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=698

more pics over on Winterhighland.com Smile Smile Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lovely Shock
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That is excellent. Hope Glencoe enjoys a great fortnight ahead for the Easter hols. Great little mountain - well worth a ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More awesome pics coming in from Scotland today;

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=707
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm afraid I've not got any pictures, but just had a great weekend at Cairngorm. Saturday was not as windy as forecast and was mainly sunny. Most runs were open with good snow, wind blown powder on top of a hard base. The WWpoma was fixed and running so the Ciste gulley was open, unpisted and full of windblown powder. The Aonach bowl was nice with large areas of pwder and the odd area of hard icy neve in between. Tried skiing it before lunch on my tele kit, but decided I might make a better fist of it on my AT kit in the afternoon. First time I've had my heel imprisoned for a few weeks and it felt really odd. Not sure I made much of a better fist of it and the AT kit left my ankles aching horribly.

Camped overnight at Loch Morlich in a blizzard - not good for a decent night sleep, but did mean lots of fresh powder up the hill next day. More blue sky and sunshine interspersed with heavy snow showers. The higher winds meant the Ciste tow and west wall poma didn't open 'till just after lunch and that there was even the occasional queue on the M1 poma in the morning - queues have been an endagered species at Cairngorm recently. The additional snow aswell has also filled out the lower runs that had lost a lot of snow earlier in the week so can now ski the whole of the daylodge (though still then at the bottom) and the Fiacall Ridge run is full width again. There is some really nice skiing on the hill at the moment - so if you can't make Nevis or Coe get out on the Gorm.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back from Glencoe today.

Superb snow on the upper runs as far as the access chair; fresh tracks on wind blown powder. Unfortunately the cause of the wind blown powder was partly the fact that it was a little breezy up top. My daughter was getting more than a mite chilly and we finished about 2:30, she had stopped well before.

Probably my last ski of the season but if I can get up again next weekend and there is no rain in between it should stay just great. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another trip today, great skiing still though a little softer than last Monday .Everything open so if you have the chance Go snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T Bar,

Excellent. Do you live far away?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still pretty good, did some touring over the back at Cairngorm. The plateau is still loaded with snow. There are some pictures on this thread at winterhighland http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/read.php?2,61567 I'm the one in yellow and black.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave Horsley,

Lovely pics Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely pics, Dave. Thanks!

Thinking back to the 1970s, I did my BASI 3 training on Cairngorm in early May 1975. We used the tows up top, the West Wall chair, Cas and White Lady. I'm not in the BASI loop at the moment, but my impression is that Cairngorm has unavoidably been abandoned as a training mountain, despite BASI's HQ remaining at Glenmore.

The greatest day I ever spent on Cairngorm (wish I could remember the year) was May Day - the snow cover was almost unlimited. Off-piste everywhere. Hope you get one of those magic storms this spring!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave Horsley,

Know any good B+Bs in Aberdeen. I am over for a mate's wedding on 21st July.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They are Telemarkers pics not mine, but yesterday was one of my best days so far this year, perhaps because I had to work for my turns. One of these days I'll have to get myself a digital camera. If the weather is good next weekend I'll probably head back up and try and tour over t0 Ben Macdui cover looked so good this weekend.

David Goldsmith,

No idea about Basi, but there was an ESF instructor on the hill Sunday Smile (from Megeve, though he sounded British). He was telemarking and said he was off over the back. Some of the local clubs were holding races on a variety of runs ranging from the M1 to a steeper bit of the bowl just below the Ptarmigan tow for the little kids. I'm surprised there hasn't been more gates training on the hill the last few weekends as the cover has been so good.

johnboy,

I'm afraid not, when we have visting staff over from Germany we usually put them up in The Cocket Hat, but I wouldn't particularly recomend it - just your standard harvester type chain.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave Horsley,
Looks great

johnboy,
I'm in the Glasgow area so about 80 miles away.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
T Bar,

You lucky sod. How come Glencoe is holding up so well this year? Mega Dump?
ski holidays
johnboy,
It gets great snow from time to time, but my meterology is not up to why I'm afraid, the best snow fell in March and whilst I was away in France but it seems to have held on well, it is generally East and North facing.
Also gets it's share of wind and rain to but you try and forget those days. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy