Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Factor Braehead goes into administration

Poster: A snowHead
I can only hope if braehead opens that it's run properly and slope maintained better. That's always been my gripe with the place - poorly run and expensive
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's purely hearsay, but I was at Chill Factore last week and was talking to a member of staff who reckoned he's heard that the company that owns Chill are interested in buying Snow Factor too. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edited

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 27-09-23 14:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
Thanks man, both Chill and Hemel are making a big announcement on facebook on the 19th Sept (tomorrow)... I might've got the wrong end of the stick, but the font type/colours/graphics they both used on their news announcement was different that their normal logos... and more like Snow Factor's old logo...

I hope it's good news... last chance saloon just now for Braehead...

The guy also said the company that own the slope in Manchester and Hemel, want to ultimately own all the slopes in the UK, and possibly open more, so maybe there will be news tomorrow about Braehead. I read an article a few months ago, when that petition to save the slope was launched, and managers at Braehead were asked about the future of the slope in response to the petition and basically said they were in discussions with interested parties about taking it over, so maybe that is true enough. Fingers crossed!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justhuckandpray wrote:
Quote:
Thanks man, both Chill and Hemel are making a big announcement on facebook on the 19th Sept (tomorrow)... I might've got the wrong end of the stick, but the font type/colours/graphics they both used on their news announcement was different that their normal logos... and more like Snow Factor's old logo...

I hope it's good news... last chance saloon just now for Braehead...

The guy also said the company that own the slope in Manchester and Hemel, want to ultimately own all the slopes in the UK, and possibly open more, so maybe there will be news tomorrow about Braehead. I read an article a few months ago, when that petition to save the slope was launched, and managers at Braehead were asked about the future of the slope in response to the petition and basically said they were in discussions with interested parties about taking it over, so maybe that is true enough. Fingers crossed!

I hope so... I just check on the government website and Snow Factor is still owned by the lady from Manchester (who bought it from Jamie whatsisface)... but maybe it will be registered under a different company name? Or maybe I'm jus barking up the wrong tree...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05138159/officers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is certainly no activity as far as employees/ex-employees are concerned.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@MediumSpeedMiddleAged, it is not registered by that person under a different name because they only have one directorship.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@MediumSpeedMiddleAged, it is not registered by that person under a different name because they only have one directorship.

ah no worries... I think I was trying to say that, if someone new buys it/buys the lease, they will give it a new name; brand new company... but the Manchester-lady hasn't quite finished dissolving the old company perhaps because creditors are still chasing her for money... I dunno about that stuff really.... just maybe if/when it does reopen it'll be a new name/new company and not a continuation of the last one...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
ah no worries... I think I was trying to say that, if someone new buys it/buys the lease, they will give it a new name; brand new company... but the Manchester-lady hasn't quite finished dissolving the old company perhaps because creditors are still chasing her for money... I dunno about that stuff really.... just maybe if/when it does reopen it'll be a new name/new company and not a continuation of the last one...

The woman who is listed as the director did a runner to Pakistan when all this poo-poo went down, and the HMRC hasn't been able to track her down. She never responded to the HMRC and hasn't attended any hearings. So not sure how that works when it comes to dissolving ownership. It's all very sketchy!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
justhuckandpray wrote:
Quote:

The woman who is listed as the director did a runner to Pakistan when all this poo-poo went down, and the HMRC hasn't been able to track her down. She never responded to the HMRC and hasn't attended any hearings. So not sure how that works when it comes to dissolving ownership. It's all very sketchy!

That's interesting to know thanks man, all these little bits of insider information are good...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That is the snow dome gone.

Not entierly surprised.
The final time I went with kids it cost me £80.
Perhaps more proactive management could have made a better go of it ?

At least we still have plastic slopes plus up north.
Though not great news for the Scottish scene.

Xsite Braehead announces permanent closure of indoor ski slope
https://news.stv.tv/west-central/xsite-braehead-announces-permanent-closure-of-snow-factor-indoor-ski-slope
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
That is the snow dome gone.

Not entierly surprised.
The final time I went with kids it cost me £80.
Perhaps more proactive management could have made a better go of it ?

At least we still have plastic slopes plus up north.
Though not great news for the Scottish scene.

Xsite Braehead announces permanent closure of indoor ski slope
https://news.stv.tv/west-central/xsite-braehead-announces-permanent-closure-of-snow-factor-indoor-ski-slope

Thanks for letting us know man, it's bad news but at least we can 'put it to bed' now and move on...

I spoke to someone I know who is a manager at CFe and they confirmed they would like top buy the real ski slopes in MK and CAS but had absolutely no plans to buy Braehead/Glasgow.... Sad

End of an era... Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As someone who worked there part-time for the 16.5 years it was around it is very sad and a great loss. Of course it was perhaps inevitable with the current cost of fuel.

Collectively the former staff are owed an awful lot of money in unpaid wages and redundancy. Not sure when we will receive any of it. Particularly difficult for former full time colleagues.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad news indeed but not unexpected.
I skied the second last day they were open and, although I am not a fan of fridge skiing, it was a valuable resource especially for getting kids enthusiastic in snow sports.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Former employees of the slope learnt this week that the Employment Tribunal had awarded significant amounts of money against the slope’s (former) operators for unfair dismissal, unpaid wages and redundancy etc. We are unlikely to get the money any time soon from our former employers.
snow conditions
@Ski lots, I think you might be able to get redundancy payments from the government if your employer is insolvent. Not sure about unpaid wages. (And Scotland may be different).
ski holidays
@ecureuil, yep as a former bureaucrat, I kind of know my way around the system. But, it will take time. My concern is not so much for myself but more for my former full time employees. Many of them were trying to build careers in adventure sports and were badly let down.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy