Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cycle Trainer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've expanded my range of turbo trainers to cover the full gamut... I have added in (3) from my original list, a wheel-off direct-drive turbo trainer. I wanted a turbo for our ski apartment as skiing was getting in the way of training.

I went for the Tacx Neo 2 SE as it was on sale.

It has two good features:
1) Self-powering - you can use it without plugging it in, which makes it convenient to move around, use on the balcony etc.
2) "Downhill drive" - when going downhill in a virtual cycling app like Zwift, it uses a motor to spin the freewheel. This means that when you start pedalling, just as on a real ride, you have to "catch up" with the speed you're moving before feeling any resistance.

However, it's a step back from the smart bike - noisier (even tho' it is very quiet for a turbo trainer) and more faffing with gear indexing etc. It doesn't have the super smooth ride of a smart bike.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowdave, you still liking the SB20? They did a stupidly cheap sale price in the US, shame it never made it over here!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, yes definitely a fan of the SB20. The flywheel started getting noisy, and within 48hrs an engineer turned up at the door to fix it; not sure any of the other manufacturers offer that.

A couple of friends seem to find their Wattbikes a bit glitchy - many Strava sessions stop and start a few times before they get going.

Mate with a Kickr bike is still a big fan, and no problems after 3yrs. Similarly mate with Tacx bike has no probs and likes it - the Tacx bike also has the downhill drive mode and the "road feel" where the bike shakes when you ride on virtual cobbles in zwift (!).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy