Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Ski Techs in London?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking to re-drill FRITSCHI TECTON 12 bindings.

Any help appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finches Emporium or Bartletts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Londons a big place- where?

West “London” - Ive used Ski Bartlett to redrill a set of kids skis and sone basic servicing - fine

South “London” - Have also used this guy for servicing - Joes a good guy- https://www.batterski.com/about-us - not sure if he can redrill, ask him.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the quick response.

I am in Wimbledon (SW19) so was looking for something 'local' but will contact these Ski Bartlett and Batterski.

Any other ideas welcomed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@a_weds, I'm next door to you in London Post code, and feel Bartlett is probably most logical. If you drive ? You can park tight outside on Saturday, make appointment and they'll usually do while you wait.

DIY ? With correct bit they aren't difficult to work on yourself if you've the drill pattern to fit. I've done this a few times.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well hey there neighbour!

Finches or Bartletts are the obvious ones, or Skiers Lounge down past Horsham for further afield.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A little SW London ski collective going on here @Richard_Sideways, i'm in 20 and relative farm land in London post code terms Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ski3, why beautiful Raynes Park, I know it well. Carshalton hosts Clan Sideways.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski3 wrote:
@a_weds, I'm next door to you in London Post code, and feel Bartlett is probably most logical. If you drive ? You can park tight outside on Saturday, make appointment and they'll usually do while you wait.

DIY ? With correct bit they aren't difficult to work on yourself if you've the drill pattern to fit. I've done this a few times.

Ski Bartlett appear to have a 3-4 week turnaround time at the moment......

Not brave enough to do it on my own! But was hoping I would unearth some budding ski techs with all the tools sitting at home.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glen may be able to help... https://www.skituningshop.co.uk
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
@a_weds, I'm next door to you in London Post code, and feel Bartlett is probably most logical.

If it was me I'd go witth Finches...but then I do live a 20 minute walk from them Smile

For west London Bartlett might be easier if you're driving but Finches is right outside Forst Hill station so might be easier on public transport.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You could courier them up to Spydejon at The Piste Office...??
Probably back quicker then 3/4 weeks!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’ve just phoned Ski Bartlett as I need to get some bindings (not yet bought) mounted onto some new flat skis. Am off on a trip in 2 weeks so asked if possible to get them done in time. Had a very curt “no” from the assistant over the phone with an equally curt “no” when I asked whether there was anywhere else that may be able to help me.

I’ve used Bartlett in the past and found them to be pretty good but will be rethinking.

Which leads me to be another around the “London” area in need of someone reliable to mount some bindings. I’m near Hemel, am assuming I should avoid Snow & Rock at the Snow Centre…
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mistress Twerkle, it would be probably more reliable scooting up the M1 to Spyderjon, but I can see time might be an issue.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hells Bells, I’d been thinking the same. Time is indeed my enemy but unless any SHs have recommendations for a reliable ski tech nearer my neck of the woods I’d rather not risk my new shiny planks so will give Jon a shout if no other options appear.
snow report
There are some guys just near kings x, if that is useful?
snow conditions
MaxiD wrote:
There are some guys just near kings x, if that is useful?

Tell us more…
snow conditions
Nix Snowsport Co.
Carpenters Mews, 5, North Road, London N7 9EF

https://goo.gl/maps/hkFPTUY6Jf5RzFbS6

https://www.nixsnowsports.com/
snow conditions
I've used Finches for tuning in the past. No experience with binding mounting. I've had mounts done by both EB and S and R in central London and it's a lottery. Either could Be Nice please! up a cup of coffee in my experience.

I'd courier the stuff to Jon.
ski holidays
Massive thumbs up for Finches.

Drilled new bindings, made some customs insoles and entertained the kids in the space of an hour!
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
@Mistress Twerkle, it would be probably more reliable scooting up the M1 to Spyderjon

I duly scooted up the M1 at the weekend. Spyderjon fitted bindings on my shiny new planks whilst I took my dog for a walk around the village, and all was done well before we’d finished our walk. Easy enough drive and (IMHO) worth it for knowing my planks were in good hands even though it’s not exactly local to me.
ski holidays
MaxiD wrote:
Nix Snowsport Co.
Carpenters Mews, 5, North Road, London N7 9EF

https://goo.gl/maps/hkFPTUY6Jf5RzFbS6

https://www.nixsnowsports.com/

Anyone knows whether these guys are actually still in business? Have tried calling,whatsapping,whatsapp-calling, emailing and have never had a single reply, EVER.

Have always wanted to go to them to save some travel time (as I don't drive and live in NW zone 3) but have already twice been forced to go the Bartlett way
snow report
@cwfl, seeing as their last ski collection on the site is 2021, maybe not.
ski holidays
On the other hand, on Companies House they seem up to date and made filings towards the end of last year? I used to live round the corner from there but unfortunately I’m a bit far away to do a recce now
snow report
Thanks @Arno and @ster I figured they just might be out of business… or rather, if they still are but can’t care enough then I’m happy to look elsewhere - after all it’s just ski servicing!

Looks like Finches is a decent detour in/out seeing that I work in Canary Wharf! Pretty reasonable pricing too from the website
latest report
@cwfl, Decathlon at Canada Water mounted me some Rossi/ look bindings once ( call first to check they have the right jig I wouldn't trust them with free mounting)
ski holidays
@cwfl, I use Joe at https://www.batterski.com/services

for servicing. If you’re willing to go south to Finches its a bit further on. I don’t know if he mounts but you could ask.

I think he comes into the city now and again so you might be able to get him to pick up and drop off.
ski holidays
cwfl wrote:
Looks like Finches is a decent detour in/out seeing that I work in Canary Wharf! Pretty reasonable pricing too from the website

Depends where you're going to from Canary Whaft but not all that far and only one change. Jubilee Line to Canada Water, then 5 stops on the southbound Overground (Windrush) to Forest Hill. From there it's quite literally across the road from the (southbound) station exit.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers all for your advice and inputs - many potential names added to my contact list!

Just to be clear, I was just looking for edge and wax this time (OP was the one who wanted redrilling NehNeh ) and I already dropped off my ski with Finches on the (late) way in to work on Monday Cool

I live in NW zone 3 on the jubilee line so Finches is great - minimal additional walk for me, and just one change at Canada Water to the overground (whatever to the line name it’s going be given!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy