Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All mountain park skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I'm looking for recommendations on all mountain/park skis please.

Last year my park/freestyle skis failed a binding safety test and the highly trusted ski tech (Glacier Sports Saas Fee) was clear they should be thrown away for safety reasons (they had been previously re drilled so mounting new bindings was a bad idea).

I could double down on piste skis and get a pair of 179cm Rossignol Hero Master LT (or similar). However realistically I'll be skiing with my son during school holidays so I won't be going fast enough to get the most of them. I'm probably too cautious but I hate the idea of crashing into someone so it always hold back a lot on busy pistes.

As a result I'm looking at what will suit the skiing I will actually do. So I am looking for a pair of park skis that will also work reasonably well as an all mountain ski.

I'd expect to be using them for laps of the park, skiing modest areas of off-piste between and around the runs, easy bumps, skiing relatively slowly on piste with my son and generally jibbing where safe.

I'd not expect to be using them for "proper off piste", high performance piste skiing, going fast on piste, serious bump runs.

Features I need (in order of priority):
Durable
Genuine twin tip (or close) that can handle switch landings and takeoffs
Side cut with relatively short radius (I'm not looking for 15m but enough to help with short slow turns on piste when it gets busy in the school hols)
Decent lift in soft snow - I don't need much but must be better than my current slalom/GS piste skis, my knees can't take all the leaning back!
Light weight to help me get them round for that elusive 360 (and for general lugging them around resort with a tired child)

I'd expect these to get quite a lot of general wear and tear from the hitting the park so I'm open to second hand options if anyone can recommend although binding fit will be an issue because I don't want to do a re-drill after the last pair.

Also any advice on super durable bindings would be good, are the Rossignol Pivot GW a good option? I have a VIP logon with Rossi so I can get these at a discount.

Any advice would be good please

Thanks H
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Völkl Revolt? I tried a pair of these in March, and while they were too soft for me, they were very easy to ski and would be fine all over the mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitedot Altum 94s? Or if you can find them you can probably get some Ones for not much secondhand.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 Poacher with Marker Griffon 13 should do the trick.
Love my Poachers although they're getting tired now at 7yrs old.....
Have skied them all over the mountain and if I've had a bad day it's definitely me and not the ski..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rossi Black Ops 98 if you have a discount with Rossignol?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In the end I bought a used pair of Faction Prodigy 1.0 skis (mens 2019 version) in 176cm with Marker Griffon 13 hire bindings from skibarn for £272. Condition was amazingly good for used park skis, I guess this is because they are on the long side for pure freestyle so most people will hire something shorter.

The reason I went for them is that they seemed to fit the bill and had the adjustable hire bindings so were guaranteed to fit my boots. Added bonus is that anyone else can use them for the price of a DIN safety check.

They turned out to be perfect for me after two weeks of use, I'm happy I went for 176cm which was longer than I would have initially wanted but helps improve the all mountain performance.

I did get a serious base ding in the first week of use but it was easily repaired.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy