Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2023/2024

Poster: A snowHead
La Plagne Weather Forecast is here https://meteofrance.com/meteo-montagne/la-plagne-2000-m/731502

Tariffs now published for the coming season.

Season pass after lasts years drop in price now increased by nearly 10%... and all the villages are opening on December 16th. Thats a week later than normal for the 'Altitude Villages'

https://www.calameo.com/skipass-laplagne/read/005748216d78ade488775

It will be an interesting season weather wise I think, there is a Heatwave warning for this week - it was 36.5c down in Aime today!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 4-01-24 16:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boredsurfin, thank you for starting the new thread.
After our summer visit, we had already started thoughts of the winter season to come.
Meantime, that Calameo site: quite excellent. Never had the prices displayed so clearly. Thank you again.
Hope you and the family are all well and bouncy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly Scottys bar and Hotel Christina in La Plagne Centre are no more. Looks like it will be completeley demolished this Autumn

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scotty's Bar -- worst toilets I have ever visited !!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boredsurfin, Scotty's and Christina: I understood will be refurbished/converted rather than demolished - problem with demolition coz attached to adjacent buildings.

Photo of hotel in happier times:

We had a lovely stay there over Christmas back in 2009.
Friendly enthusiastic staff, best out-of-home Christmas Dinner every.
But whenever i stayed at a Mark Warner place, always got the winter vomit bug - that time in 2009, fortunately, started the day we got home.
(Daughter's boyfriend got clobbered during the journey home - both my kids never got affected at all . . . )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I am going to be in La Plagne 17 - 24 December so will be following this thread with interest. Not been to La Plagne before and on an all inclusive deal that includes ESF group ski lessons as optional at no extra cost but would welcome any tips on local BASi qualified instructors for 1-2-1 lessons.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
its the ski area i've skied the most but it was pre pandemic since i last skied La Plagne/Les Arc. I unfortunately crushed my L2 vertebrae about a week before i was due to go this year (facepalm). All good now ready for 2 weeks in Les Coches in January.

Did they ever fix the Envers lift?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Russeh wrote:
Did they ever fix the Envers lift?

It was running this year
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Envers, fixed... probably! Ran most of last season but its a bit of a Triggers Broom now - as far as I know, so maybe more, its had new Poma tower heads (two whole towers have been moved) new drive and main cables, new Poma electronics (following a small fire) and new seats, some of which need replacing again already!
I guess its mainly a Poma lift now ... so should be more reliable.
Apparently when its not running the lift co receive many complaints - they said when I last emailed a complaint about Envers not running Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey it really is triggers broom! Laughing Laughing

Anything new in the last couple of seasions? I guess the latest map isn't out yet but didn't look like much had changed when i had a quick look at it the other day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Russeh, Not a lot of change, lots of new apartments but no new pistes as usual. All the new lift action is replacement of the lifts up to the Glacier, which I guess is costing all the new lift budget foe a few years!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, looks like it is cooling down a bit in La Plagne - was up to 27°C earlier in the week, now heading for 6°C on Monday/Tuesday with possible sleet/snow
https://meteofrance.com/meteo-montagne/la-plagne-2000-m/731502
At least it would have been bearable up the hill - was at least upper 30s down in the valley.

Meantime @boredsurfin, what is that permanently incomplete building on the right of the piste at Montalbert?
It seems to have been like that for a few years now . . .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonpim, Dont ask! We have to look at it!
We were assured it would be started again this past spring, now being told it will start after the summer, we shall see...
Long story of bankrupt companies etc at one point it was sold by P et V for €1
Its built on land that has two river streams and has been a continuing fight against nature!

This the website for it which states delivery in 2025, but Im not holding my breath! https://www.terresens.co.uk/our-developments/in-progress/le-coeur-des-cimes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
Season pass after lasts years drop in price now increased by nearly 10%...

Yes I saw this but as we will spend almost 5 weeks in Belle Plagne in 23/24, it's worth the money !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thread marked...
snow report
Snowing now up at Roche de Mio
https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/roche-de-mio
ski holidays
Love Belle Plagne! We always use it as our base when skiing in that area. Very convenient for the early morning run to the Vanoise Express when choosing to ski Les Arcs for the day.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, thanks, yeah might go up there more often when they finally replace that old long cable car up to the top.

@TJToms, yeah we stay in La Coches for the same reason. Really easy to drop into Las Arc or La Plagne depending on the conditions.
snow report
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
I am going to be in La Plagne 17 - 24 December so will be following this thread with interest. Not been to La Plagne before and on an all inclusive deal that includes ESF group ski lessons as optional at no extra cost but would welcome any tips on local BASi qualified instructors for 1-2-1 lessons.

Try Dani and Craig at their Lime Ski School, La Plagne
https://limesnowsports.com
snow conditions
@SkiPresto thanks for the recommendation
ski holidays
I will be in the La Plagne area either the last week of Jan or last week of Feb.

I can see that the last week of Feb (24th onwards) is still during the French school hols for one part of the country, but no other countries seem to have school hols then. Does anyone know how this week tends to compare to the week / 2 weeks before (the really busy ones)?

I did one of the main half term weeks last year and vowed to avoid it wherever possible as it was super busy, but would rather ski the last week of Feb if the crowds won't be terrible at the tail end.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 29-09-23 9:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
SkiPresto wrote:
Try Dani and Craig at their Lime Ski School, La Plagne

Dani et Craig? They should be called the James Bond Ski School.
snow report
Hello everyone and here's hoping for a great ski season! Does anyone know if the early bird season ticket offer is running this year? I can't see it anywhere which would be a pity.
snow report
@boulevardier, Nope no discounts anymore. Was stopped last year when the locals discount was ruled illegal by the French courts (for all French resorts.)

Looking at this page https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/ there are 'deals' available from mid-October, but not discounts.
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
@boulevardier, Nope no discounts anymore. Was stopped last year when the locals discount was ruled illegal by the French courts (for all French resorts.)

Looking at this page https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/ there are 'deals' available from mid-October, but not discounts.

This is why since last year Season Pass price dropped a lot this is where the discount is hidden....

For the record: At Paradiski, season pass was 730€ (Adult) and 584€ (Child) last season and it's 780€ (Adult) and 624€ (Child) this season -> increase of 6.85%
But it Was 1150€ (Adult) for 21-22 Season, 1147€ (Adult) for 15-16 season and 1059€ (Adult) for 18-19 season. !
snow report
Thanks for responses. It was the paying early discount I was after but it looks as though this has gone along with the locals one. Ah well.
snow report
boulevardier wrote:
Thanks for responses. It was the paying early discount I was after but it looks as though this has gone along with the locals one. Ah well.

And both of them replaced by a discount on Season Pass
ski holidays
Fair enough - many thanks for clarifying . It's still, as you say, a good deal.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But, boredsurfin, just when exactly is "mid-October" ?
(and it was "early October" up until a week ago Puzzled )
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
But, boredsurfin, just when exactly is "mid-October" ?
(and it was "early October" up until a week ago Puzzled )

Last year they came online around 6th Oct (which is where the early October came from I'm guessing) - the website current states lift passes on sale from mid-October so I'm guessing they'll go live at some point over the next week.
ski holidays
I guess mid- October is noon on the 15th Very Happy
snow conditions
I emailed them on Tuesday about when sales began and got this reply
Quote:
Hello,

The online sales will open in the middle of October.

If you wish to be informed when it opens, you can subscribe to our newsletter on http://news.ski-laplagne.com/insctiptionnewsletteren

Best regards,

Delphine
ski holidays
Well, boredsurfin (and Layne), it seems La Plagne has different ideas.
No passes yet Sad
snow report
@Jonpim, @Layne, @Handy Turnip,
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/season-passes#search. is open to buy passes, (click on the price not the title!)
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
@Jonpim, @Layne, @Handy Turnip,
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/season-passes#search. is open to buy passes, (click on the price not the title!)

Thanks @boredsurfin, I took a look at the weekly passes and 6 days are discounted from 369€ to 221€ - is that right, seems like a big discount? What have I done wrong. I'm sure we paid 310€ even after discounts last year.

latest report
Or should I be quiet and just pay it?!!

Adding on the Tribu discount, it comes down to 215€ (about £186)..
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, Tribu discount?
ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
@Handy Turnip, Tribu discount?

The additional 10€ off when there's 3 or more of you booking passes at the same time. Might only be for weekly's.
latest report
Thank you boredsurfin.
And it seems I had €60 "credit", presumably handed over from Edenski Very Happy
Nice surprise.
latest report
@Jonpim, Must check to see if I any Edenski money!

Indeed I have Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy