Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Pyrenees and Andorra are suffering perhaps their worst-ever season on record.

Snow is way way below average.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like we have snow and a serious drop in temperatures on the 7th of February now, with around 14cm of snow
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Theobane wrote:
Looks like we have snow and a serious drop in temperatures on the 7th of February now, with around 14cm of snow

Hah well that's good news, I had to make a call a week ago though due to accommodation commitments and cancel my trip. I'm now going to the Alps.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mrmeaner, You have made the right call. Serious amounts of snow required to catch back up there is zero natural base in Grandvalira and Vallnord.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Theobane, I hope this comes to fruition. My lad has a school ski trip starting on the 11th, and was beginning to panic that it would have been the most expensive failed holiday since my wife bust her ACL on the first lift up of the week in French half term.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope so too, it seems to have changed there since with no snow but a slight dip in temperatures. Anything further then a week out is so hard to predict. Hoping for some snow soon, I am heading in March so I am totally panicking!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would think investors are too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arcalis is holding up ok, certainly feels more like winter with snow around other than just on the runs. Still its only the runs with snowmaking open, probably 70-80%, top lift and run closed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think there is a chance of recovery for the resorts if the temps just drop so they can get the snow making machines back on, too warm for them now at moment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Slightly ironic. Snow making not working when it's needed most. I think the issue is longer term, if this is the Pyrenees worst year ever then some serious thought is going to be needed on how to deal with resort temperatures 5 degrees higher than they should be. You're looking at mass plane drops of snow!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh yeah, defo. I think we will see a few resorts slowly start to close down in the next 10 to 20 years if we continue to have bad seasons right after each other. However, I can see new ones opening up in other areas that are colder which is mostly northern scandi countries.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and everything bounce back for the next few aeasons
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Theobane wrote:

Heading to pass on 17th feb and am slightly anxious with the high temps and lack of snow forecasted.

Which weather site/model are you using for the 14cm prediction?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davmol wrote:
Theobane wrote:

Heading to pass on 17th feb and am slightly anxious with the high temps and lack of snow forecasted.

Which weather site/model are you using for the 14cm prediction?

It was originally GFS but that has changed now, not sure what it is currently predicting but there is snow coming around the 10th ISH and a drop in temperatures.

We won't know fully till next week but overall trend of charts are showing colder weather around the 10th. You can use wxchart com to see more
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Considing the lack of any decent snow this season, the warm temps and the sun, the open pistes are actually in decent shape. Today is noticeably cooler with a bit of cloud cover although that often means that the temps don't drop as much over night.

The forecast snow next weekend is still a bit too far away to be anything approaching reliable. We will see.

@Timmycb5, I see lots of school groups out here having plenty of fun. My own classes are skiing Pal today and it's fine. We have another 100-odd secondary aged kids skiing Grandvalira this week who are also having a good time of it. I'll be skiing at the weekend and will probably ski next Thursday so will give you an update.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any update on conditions/weather prospects in Baqueira-Beret? Beginning to get a little anxious about my trip in a few weeks time.
ski holidays
@LOTA,

Possible snowmageddon next weekend?
latest report
@Hurtle, Thanks, possible being the operative word as that looks a bit rainy!
latest report
@LOTA, hmm, you could be right Sad I hadn't spotted that the drops were blue rather than white.
snow report
Currently showing up as snow on Snow-Forcast, il need to check the modals later to see if it still correlates. Either way, its looking to drop in temps.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/El-Tarter-Soldeu/12day/mid
snow report
A broader view.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/01/catalonia-declares-drought-emergency-extending-water-limits-to-barcelona
Perhaps some of the facts here are relevant for precipitation generally and maybe also snow making from reservoirs. A tenuous link I know, but thought I’d post it. I’m aware Guardian goes looking for climate doom stories.
latest report
Well snow is forecast for this weekend, lets pray!
ski holidays
This is my second day in Soldeu and although snow cover is thin I'm surprised how good the on-piste is. Yesterday was very warm and spring like, today overcast and a bit cooler. A dusting of snow possible on Thursday but they really need as lot more as a number of pistes are brown and shut. You realise how dependent places like this are on skiing to provide employment.
ski holidays
Looks like snow is still on the cards for this weekend, just have to hope and pray it will be a good bit. However if the temps just stay down then they will be able to keep it going, they are doing excellent for how little snow they got.
ski holidays
Bit a newbie, heading to Font Romeu this weekend for a week. Was really hoping to do some cross country skiing. Wondered if anyone had any input, are there any trail in the area open at all? Any guidance appreciated
snow report
Looks like a fair amount of snow forecast towards the end of this week. I canceled my trip 2 weeks ago as I wasn't willing to take the gamble.
latest report
@Mrmeaner, there is, but the forecast still isn’t looking reliable at this stage. The snow amounts are up and down with every forecast as is when it might arrive.

I skied at the weekend and had a decent time of it. It’d be nice to ski other pistes though, let alone being able to do a bit of off piste.
ski holidays
@wc1966 if you look at the Webcam for the "espacio nórdico de Font-Romeu" here: https://www.infonieve.es/estacion-esqui/font-romeu-pyrenees-2000/webcams/ it looks like you're better off going for a walk rather than an XC-ski!
ski holidays
There's been a bit of a cool down here. Still nice and sunny but cooler. Jnr messaged me to say that the cannons were running down to village level in El Tarter and Soldeu when he was on his way to work this morning.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timmycb5, back in Pal today. I'm not skiing though through incompetence (left my kit in a friend's garage and forgot to go and collect until it was too late).

The pistes are pretty much the same as they have been for the last two weeks. The same number of runs are open too. However, snow cannons have been able to run overnight for the last couple of nights. It's due to snow this weekend. I think your lad will be fine. The instructors tend to find fun stuff for the better skiers to do.
snow conditions
Well, this morning's snow in Baqueira didn't amount to much Sad

But, on a happier note, the Catalonian Weather Service has a snow alert for the Valle d'Aran running through from Saturday to Sunday lunchtime. Fingers are very firmly crossed.
latest report
Looking much better on this morning's webcam! Also seen reports from Formigal which show heavy snowfall! Good news...
snow conditions
I’m not in Andorra at the moment but a quick check of the traffic cams shows it’s snowed down as low as where I live - 1,300m so that’s a good sign.
ski holidays
Snowed over this weekend. Maybe 10cm last night at resort level. Seemed to catch out a few people who were heading up from France.

They need the temperatures to stay low though. Currently only about half the red runs are open.
latest report
Anyone in baqueira? Is it worth the drive up?
snow conditions
Me. Today was windy, cold and snowy, with poor/no visibility. Had a lovely time at the top of Blanhiblar. If you know how to avoid the holiday crowds you could have a great day.
ski holidays
There’s a faint possibility of a reasonable amount of snow over the next week or so. Fingers crossed.
latest report
Hopefully, would be great to get a good bit of snow over the next few weeks. I have been keeping an eye on the weather models but its always a bit iffy
snow report
@Theobane, yes, two days ago snow-forecast (off the back of GFS I think) were forecasting 150cm for the end of next week Very Happy . I think that’s all calmed down a bit now.

All you need is whatever storm they’re predicting to wane a bit, temps not to drop or for it to track 30km north or south etc… and the mountain of snow forecast becomes a dusting or worse, becomes rain.
ski holidays
Yep, I am looking at things a bit more positive now about skiing in mid march. However, it would be amazing to get a massive dump at some point over the next few weeks.
snow conditions
Anyone there and can say what it's like now? See online doesnt look amazing. I'm going to Grandvalira for first time on Sunday
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy