Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
We finally chose Les Angles for today. 20cm deep in the sidecountry, perfect corduroy, very little wind and blue sky. It was rather quiet despite the conditions, but the mountain still got tracked out pretty quickly.
A few of the exposed runs off the top of the Roc d'Aude were still closed (Costa Verde sector), the wind didn't treat that area too kindly on Saturday. Everywhere else was in perfect state.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ended up skiing with one of our school groups today. We skied the whole of Pal and it was absolutely fantastic. Great snow conditions, mostly good light and a dusting of snow throughout the day. Any off piste is tracked/mogully but still accessible. Pistes are amazing.

The whole of Pal Arinsal and Arcalis are now open and all but about 15km of Grandvalira is open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hammerite wrote:
Ended up skiing with one of our school groups today. We skied the whole of Pal and it was absolutely fantastic. Great snow conditions, mostly good light and a dusting of snow throughout the day. Any off piste is tracked/mogully but still accessible. Pistes are amazing.

The whole of Pal Arinsal and Arcalis are now open and all but about 15km of Grandvalira is open.

Sounds great! Really looking forward to skiing there next week.

How do you think the snow would be like next week, will it be slushy in the afternoons or icy from the rain. Never skiied in conditions before that had rain on snow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Theobane, it’s March, you’re likely to have a bit of everything with the snow conditions. The current forecast only shows a tiny amount of rain each time you’ll probably barely notice any. The local weather service hasn’t even forecast any rain - only snow above 1,500m at the very end of the forecast. https://www.meteo.ad/previsio

I’d not read much into any forecast showing precipitation more than around 3 days away.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To show how unreliable forecasts are, here's the 00Z GFS ensemble https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?geoid=7&model=gfs&var=201&run=00&lid=ENS&bw=1

Here's the 06Z https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?geoid=7&model=gfs&var=201&run=06&lid=ENS&bw=1 The 00z is pretty much making it look like summer is on it's way. The 06Z is making it look like we could end up with another dump of snow in 10 days time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What a week that was in Baqueira - snowing before and when we arrived, snowing on Friday and Saturday and when we left on Sunday. Superb conditions and to think I considered cancelling five to six weeks ago.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lovely day yesterday in Grandvalira, sunshine all day and snow was perfect on piste, off piste was variable, some bits good some bits crusty
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like lots of rain is forecast for next week, though I am siding with the local weather forecast (still shows rain but less of it).

It will be a first to ski in the rain for me Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Theobane, You've never skied in Scotland then ....... !

I'm heading out to Soldeu on Sunday for a week, so it's useful to know that waterproofs are in order, rather than short sleeves !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
deerman wrote:
@Theobane, You've never skied in Scotland then ....... !

I'm heading out to Soldeu on Sunday for a week, so it's useful to know that waterproofs are in order, rather than short sleeves !

Il see you then so!

Funny I never skied in Scotland before, only skied mostly in the Alps and Finland so used to lots of snow.

We might only have a few showers and we might get lucky, see what happens!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latest forecast is more sun until thursday then maybe a change
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mrvinegar wrote:
Lovely day yesterday in Grandvalira, sunshine all day and snow was perfect on piste, off piste was variable, some bits good some bits crusty

Holiday here yesterday, so I was out too. It was a lovely day. Warm but excellent snow. I managed to ski some runs that I don’t think have been open since I’ve lived here.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm at Pas de la casa now, it's raining/hailing briefly in town. Snow is pretty good, a few reds closed as rocks sticking out, including that half pipe style piste on the soldeu side. It could do with another foot of new snow to be great, otherwise it'll gradually fizzle out into spring.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mrmeaner wrote:
I'm at Pas de la casa now, it's raining/hailing briefly in town. Snow is pretty good, a few reds closed as rocks sticking out, including that half pipe style piste on the soldeu side. It could do with another foot of new snow to be great, otherwise it'll gradually fizzle out into spring.

I'm hoping the snow will stay good till next week or at least a few days of next week, looks like some rain is coming which will make it tricky.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mrmeaner wrote:

Yes, I went down the gully yesterday and it had a couple of bare patches. Wasn’t surprised to see it closed today.
snow report
Arinsal/Pal yesterday, Arcalis today. It’s warm out there but also delightful!
latest report
I had a couple of days in pas de la casa, was pretty decent, although with temps and snow forecast it's slipping into spring conditions. The south facing red slopes which go down from col blanc are distinctly icy in the morning but soon soften up.
ski holidays
@Theobane, how have you got on this week? Temps relatively high but the rain mostly held off.
snow report
For anyone coming out for the end of the season, it's gone from shorts and t-shirt weather this weekend to big coat weather overnight! We should get a bit of snow too at some point.
snow conditions
Raining heavily where I am. The mountain across from me looks like it's had snow down to about 2,000m.
snow conditions
Snow down to 1,200m last night. Just a dusting in the villages but the ski areas got a good covering. Snow on and off forecast until Sunday too. Not bad for a last hurrah.
latest report
Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming, I'm flying out Sunday with my youngest for a week in one of Nielson's chalets in El Tarter. Webcams looking good today, and looks like there should be tonight and light snow throughout the week.
Too far away to be accurate yet, but early forecast suggests some snow on Sunday so I'm keeping everything crossed !
snow report
@Gazzza, my OH went out today. She was sending me some great looking photos whilst I was stuck at work (I’m out tomorrow whilst she works!). There were places (probably wind blown) where it was knee deep others less so.

It’s snowing again tonight where it matters. Outside my window it’s changing between rain and snow every so often but I’m way lower than any ski areas. The main potential problems over the next few days will be whether any precipitation falls as rain or snow, and how windy it is.
latest report
Well yesterday’s skiing didn’t happen. Strong winds meant most of the lifts were closed. Should be heading out soon.
ski holidays
Ah pity about yesterday it probably would've been quite good after the colder temps and top ups.

Looks a bit warmer again today, hope you have a good day and drizzle holds off on lower slopes. Temps due to fall below zero for the weekend. Fingers crossed.
latest report
Just had 2 superb spring skiing in Arcalis. Decided to go Tuesday night as we were in Spain anyway. Cold snap Tuesday, sprinkle of new snow on top of the saharan dust covered snow from April 1st. Lovely little resort, some really nice off piste once things warmed up in the afternoon, pistes a little icy first thing. Such a great surprise at the end of the season. Oh and a beer is €4
snow report
@risb98, I’ll be there in the morning for a few hours to see the season out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy