Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Best source for current conditions in all resort on the Spanish Pyrenees + Andorra
https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/

Use google translate, if you cannot read Spanish.

Ordino-Arcalis https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?92,4486694
Granvalira https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?92,4486692

Baqueira https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?77,4486923,page=33

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Onnem, useful, there’s also a few locals here who can provide some info. The Pal Arinsal page on there hasn’t been updated since 30/12.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 10-01-24 1:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Timmycb5, it’s very good at the moment. There was a shaky start but it’s just snowed from Friday until Monday. Quite often here, heavy snow comes with strong winds which it did at the weekend so some top lifts can still have a few stones on exits where the snow’s been blown. Get a few metres down though and it’s all good. Colleagues were there today with some kids and everyone seemed happy enough.

Pal has a weather warning out for for snow (without wind!) tomorrow afternoon and into Thursday from the Andorra Meteo. I’ll be there on Thursday with 40 kids some of whom are local ski club racers. I’ll have some work to do whilst there, but I might get a little ski in to take photos of them. I’ll report back then.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowed heavily this afternoon in Andorra for a couple of hours all the way down to the border with Spain. Did the same again this evening too. It’s still snowing now only much lighter. No wind too so it’s settling straight down rather than being blown who knows where as often happens here.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This page is also good https://www.infonieve.es/parte-de-nieve/usuarios/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmycb5 wrote:
Anyone got any info on the snow cover and forecast for Pan Arinsal? Youngest is off there on the school ski trip in a few weeks, and would be interested to know what it’s currently like

Skied Pal today. Lovely piste conditions on the whole. More pistes open now. A couple of the steeper reds with no snow cannon cover aren’t open and there’s still bits of longer grass poking through so I doubt they’ll open until there’s a bit more natural snow. I think your son will have a good time.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last week’s snow finally convinced me to make the drive from Barcelona to Andorra this weekend. Piste conditions in the Grandvalira were generally very good today, and with the sun shining and the mountain still blanketed in snow, it made for a grand day out with the family.

Unfortunately with such thin coverage most of the reds and blacks were shut; and I value my skis too much to run the rock-gauntlet of the off-piste - there are lots of tracks in the usual areas, but I suspect there are also a lot of ruined bases and edges as a result!

The forecast is for things to warm up and even some rain lower down this week, though it might fall as snow higher up. The mountain needs another proper dump before it’s gets anywhere near ‘normal’.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah the weather this looks to warm up a bit, unfortunately. Hopefully when I go in March that that all the slopes will be open but it would really need a dump of snow for it.

Hopefully a few more snow dumps and we will be good for the rest of the season.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Def looking a little under par! Have a possibility of a last minute holiday week beginning 17th Feb. Are there any potential decent storms on the long range forecast in the next 6 weeks or so?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rain up to 1800 this afternoon in Baquiera Eh oh! ️. Above that everything is ok. Last Saturday was epic, the best day of the season so far IMHO.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’m likely heading to Baqueira this weekend, looks like the best snow in the Pyrenees at the moment!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It does look that way- though would be a bit of a trek to go from French Pyrenean foothills the other side of Andorra to Baqueira! Is the N260 that seems to head over the mountains a bit dodgy?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wouldn't call the roads from Andorra to Baqueira dodgy; they're just very twisty and, as a result, slow - a solid couple of hours for a few tens of km, as the crow flies. If you're in France, around Ax, you're probably better driving west through France and coming into the Val d'Aran from the North!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The nine day forecast for Baqueira (on Bergfex) looks awfully warm! I travel on 4 Feb and am beginning to worry a little bit. (But I don't want it to snow while I'm there, as my skiing is total pants in poor visibility, particularly after a helmet-shattering - and confidence-shattering - experience of a few years ago.)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah it's looking fairly warm, hopefully the temperatures will start to drop at the end of the month, still looking at various models which some point to that drop and some snow. I am heading in Mid March so I am literally shitting it lol
latest report
Looks like it's going to be a warm two weeks for the Pyrenees, peaking around 11/12 degrees max and a min of 8 degrees on Wednesday 25th. Looking that temperatures will drop on the 1st of February, however freezing point until then is over 3000m.

Really hoping that February brings lots of snow, il Nino is happening this year which generally supposed to be a colder end of the winter. However this is all speculation from reading different materials and looking at the snow forecast app.

Looks good at the moment however!
ski holidays
Just back from a weekend in Baqueira.

The snowstorm that affected much of mainland Spain unfortunately barely reached the Pyrenees. There was a dusting on Friday, maybe an inch or two, but it was nothing to write home about.

Fortunately the sun can out on the weekend and we had a good couple of days of mostly good piste conditions, though with quite a few icy patches. A couple of runs of fresh tracks off piste on Saturday morning, but nothing too special.

As others have said, the forecast is pathetic, let’s hope things change in Feb.
ski holidays
@AlunAlun, I was planning to go to Zaragoza on Friday to watch a match. Last minute plans changed and I didn’t. Good job we didn’t. FC Andorra went all that way to deal with a postponed match due to snow, meanwhile we had a couple of cm at best here above 2,000m.

I went out on Sunday and it was actually pretty good. The scraped hard pack in the middle of the pistes kept you on your toes. I tried to keep to the sides, but it’s really hard work for early skiers who need the whole piste to traverse across to deal with any kind of steep. I saw blood wagons being moved about more than usual as well as a couple that were actually occupied.

The outlook for the next couple of weeks doesn’t look great as there’s a fairly thin base down. Fingers crossed something changes.
ski holidays
I have just cancelled my trip to Pas de la casa on 6th Feb. The conditions look diabolical on an already average snow pack. I went to chamonix last year and the conditions were also terrible, so couldn't bare 2 bad trips in a row.

Of course it may have snowed in the final couple of days prior, but it would have been touch and go.

Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I'm veering towards booking all trips much later on from now on and basically following the weather. I have very fond memories of Andorra but it seems it's suffering more so than most other places. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
ski holidays
Sad
snow conditions
Mrmeaner wrote:
I have just cancelled my trip to Pas de la casa on 6th Feb. The conditions look diabolical on an already average snow pack. I went to chamonix last year and the conditions were also terrible, so couldn't bare 2 bad trips in a row.

Of course it may have snowed in the final couple of days prior, but it would have been touch and go.

Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I'm veering towards booking all trips much later on from now on and basically following the weather. I have very fond memories of Andorra but it seems it's suffering more so than most other places. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Nerys & I have been doing this for almost a decade.

She books her time off work, I look for best snow conditions during that time frame.

We normally leave it to 2-3 days beforehand to book anything. Sometimes it's with tour operators, other times it's independent.

Nerys only has 1-week on snow per year at the moment so skiing rubbish conditions is inconceivable.

We've had great conditions wherever we've been - Andorra, Austria, Bosnia, Italy, Georgia, Switzerland - and more often than not at a much cheaper price than if we'd booked months in advance.
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Mrmeaner wrote:

Nerys & I have been doing this for almost a decade.

She books her time off work, I look for best snow conditions during that time frame.

We normally leave it to 2-3 days beforehand to book anything. Sometimes it's with tour operators, other times it's independent.

Nerys only has 1-week on snow per year at the moment so skiing rubbish conditions is inconceivable.

We've had great conditions wherever we've been - Andorra, Austria, Bosnia, Italy, Georgia, Switzerland - and more often than not at a much cheaper price than if we'd booked months in advance.

Well I neglected to say that I've had free accommodation in Andorra in the past Smile
ski holidays
@Mrmeaner, Yeah I've been going DIY last minute with considerable success for the last few years. I tend to make an exception for family trips but even then you can also do that last minute.

It can be a bit torturous following the forecast and deciding when to go but sounds like you decide the time in advance and then the venue after which will be less stressful.
latest report
It's currently 13⁰c in Font Romeu. April conditions at midday.
ski holidays
Mrmeaner wrote:

Maybe a bit premature, but it’s your holiday. My lad’s instructing in Pas I asked him what the conditions were like on Monday when he got back here (I skied there Sunday) and his reply was that, surprisingly, the snow was really good.

I’m in Pal tomorrow with 40 kids (I’m not skiing - they are). I’m interested to see how it is and the kids will tell me too!
snow report
I'm in Andorra atm, Grandvalira yest and Arinsal/Pal today. The open runs are lovely to ski and not any significant ice. There are masses of runs closed and completely bare of snow however you can move around from one area to another fine and its lovely sitting in the sunshine.

The cover on the open runs is pretty thin so not sure how they will survive the next week with the continuing warm weather.
ski holidays

ski holidays

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

snow report

ski holidays
Zero natural snow just some of the runs with cannons that are still hanging on. Everyone seems to be having a great time tho
ski holidays
alasdair.graham wrote:

Crikey, what altitude is that?
snow conditions
About 2500, top run at Arinsal
latest report
Crikey. Is anybody in Baqueira?
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:

Cathy-au-lait
snow report
Snow Forecast is predicting that we will have snow on the 7th in the Grandvalira, however that could change very easily. It's predicting a drop in temps around then, would be great if it came through.

However it seems like resorts are doing well to keep the piste well groomed (by the looks of things).
snow conditions
alasdair.graham wrote:
About 2500, top run at Arinsal

You’d expect to see that at end of April!
ski holidays
Yeah, its exactly like end of season conditions. I quite enjoy it thankfully but not what you expect in Jan
latest report
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Cathy-au-lait
Yes, I know, but I meant people reading this thread.
latest report
alasdair.graham wrote:
Yeah, its exactly like end of season conditions. I quite enjoy it thankfully but not what you expect in Jan

The Pyrenees has many smaller glaciers. They rely on decent winters to give them some new input and a white blanket as long as possible into summer. Praying for new dumps over the coming weeks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy