Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2023/2024 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
@Harry Flashman, No idea about LG, but it's been snowing a lot here the last two days, is wet but settling at village level 1500m. Pistes on Sunday were still holding up well, so apart from a couple of low runs, pretty much everything is going to be open, and still in good condition, for a while yet.

Forecast freezing levels moving about a bit over the next few days, as high as 2600 tomorrow, as low as 1400 on Monday, but more snow is coming in as well.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Harry Flashman, It looks like it’s had a handy dump in LG overnight/this morning. If you’re on Facebook, Morzine Source has done a helpful update about what is open/closed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are travelling to Les Gets on Saturday and hoping to ski to Morzine and then get across to Avoriaz via Pleney, across town and then up via Super Morzine lift. Is this possible? i.e. are the pistes that link up Les Gets/Morzine Ok? How is the Les Gets area holding up? Looks like a fair amount of snow on webcams in last few days but live piste info has quite a few runs closed. Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@casper123, I’ve lifted this directly from the Morzine Source Facebook page

Quote:
#MORZINE // #LESGETS SKI AREA UPDATE: A few dates for your diary if you're joining us next week...

A The Nyon ski area will close for the end of the Winter 24 season at the end of the day on Monday 1st April.
Although the higher slopes of Nyon are super snowy today, the links have been closed for a little while and Domaine skiable et de loisirs de Morzine will prioritise the pistes of Pleney and Chamossiere after this date.

A The Pleney area stays open, as scheduled, until Sunday 7th April and the beginners zone at the top, alongside the Belvedere lift and the connections with Les Gets are guaranteed until the end of the season. So, if you're coming for your first ski holiday and you're a beginner, you're all set at the top of the Pleney C
Access to the amazing pistes around Charniaz and Chamossiere will also be open and access is via the Ranfoilly for the rest of the season.

The entire #Morzine #LesGets ski area is now PACKED with chocolate eggs for the Easter egg hunt this weekend. Don't miss this!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great, thanks, good to know the links will be open so can access/ski through the majority of the area….whilst looking for Easter eggs of course Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heads up to anyone thinking of coming over this direction. Don't.

Been a couple of weeks since we asked the Swiss side, so thought we'd give it a go today. Links to Les Crosets were closed (no, I hadn't thought to check before leaving) today, presumed for the high winds and/or the weight of new wet snow not yet dynamited.

So we were limited to the Bochasse area, which was sooo bad we didn't even bother going down to Champousin. It was one of those where you needed to push even when facing downhill in places and even the steeper bus were so gluey they were just hard work.

Then there was the 150m skis-off walk back to the Chaux chair back to Foilleuse and we didn't even bother skiing the home run down to the village.

Anyone find any decent snow higher up over the French side?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@casper123, you’ll have to take the Pleney bubble down to Morzine due lack of snow. You can access Avoriaz via Super Morzine but coming back you’ll have to download on the Zore chair. It might be better to take the bus back to Morzine from Prodains or Ardent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the updates, all! We start the drive tomorrow morning. Excited to be coming back - having gived there a few times, it feels like coming home.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just been to Les Gets - above Chavannes fine but below is not great. Free kids area still in decent order.

Skied Avoriaz yesterday - some pinch points but overall very good. Fornet and Arare the best oh and top of Brochaux. Chez Flo full from 12:45

Theres a weird ‘haze’ due to Sahara dust which is making the snow look a bit grotty even when its good!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went to Les Gets from Morzine today and it was surprisingly very good. We were early (waiting for Pleney to open), then had to ski all the way down to Chavannes Express to get into the bowl. The piste down is a strip of snow but in decent nick, and then we skied every run that’s open in the bowl, followed by a couple of laps on the Chamossiere red (the black’s closed because of avalanche danger so left it alone).

The ski back to Folliets is sketchy (a 2m wide strip of snow at one point) then there’s a 100m walk on top of Pleney to get back to the gondola, but a very enjoyable morning nontheless.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Weve had a great family day out in morzine/les gets today. Yes its very patchy and conditions are all over the place \, but 10am cornsnow and then softer but still not too sticky , until 4pm. The biggest joy, however, is the complete lack of crowds, as the masses head to the higher resorts. We bombed about barely sharing a piste with anyone else until anout 3pm.
Yes Id love Morzine to be 700m higher, but im pleasantly suprised at how lovely and relaxed the late season has become over the last few years.
And a final caveat, round of applause to the resort team for keeping things going and pleasantly suprising most people in what has been a challenging winter.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

Been a couple of weeks since we asked the Swiss side, so thought we'd give it a go today. Links to Les Crosets were closed (no, I hadn't thought to check before leaving) today, presumed for the high winds and/or the weight of new wet snow not yet dynamited.

So we were limited to the Bochasse area, which was sooo bad we didn't even bother going down to Champousin. It was one of those where you needed to push even when facing downhill in places and even the steeper bus were so gluey they were just hard work.

Then there was the 150m skis-off walk back to the Chaux chair back to Foilleuse and we didn't even bother skiing the home run down to the village.

Friday was pretty gluey everwhere, except the very top of Avoriaz, which lasted for about 200m, then back to glue. . It seemed to have re frozen yesterday morning, Châtel and Avoriaz were great and really not busy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snoozeboy wrote:
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

Friday was pretty gluey everwhere, except the very top of Avoriaz, which lasted for about 200m, then back to glue. . It seemed to have re frozen yesterday morning, Châtel and Avoriaz were great and really not busy.

The Sahara sand in the helped keeping heat off the pistes yesterday everything looked quite sepia. Really good spring conditions that managed to hold until around 1:30 before tuning to mash potato. The runs around Cornebois and Rochassons were the best in Chatel and Grandes Combes in Avoriaz although busy when we there. Our pick was Perdrix Blanche which is well shaded and has a lot of snow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ozboy, used to love Perdrix Blanche when we skied in the PDS.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok folks, I’ve scared the wotsits out of myself this morning in Les Gets doing Crocus (OK) and Bruyere (not OK). Recommendations for gentle blues please? We have full PdS passes, if that helps
ski holidays
@MotownJunk, in LG the better blues in these conditions are in the bowl. Just skied them this morning. The gentler blues are Reine des pres and Renardier. They’ll hold up pretty well until around midday. Anything below the Chavannes plateau will be mush very early on.

Others will have more idea of the Avoriaz side.

If you’re not feeling too confident then stay away from Tulip. It’s an amazing run, but it used to be classified as a red until they spent loads of money a new lift.
snow report
Chatel have created an awesome new jump park in the the gully between Cornebois and Chaux Rosees lifts They are trialing it on the spring and will likely become permanent next season. They will need to sort out the exit which is currenly the narrow traverse under CR lift.

latest report
@Ozboy, Are you sure? We skied past today and it looked like it exits onto the blue that it effectively runs parallel to. There’s certainly a track with poles that comes out out onto the blue.
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, think that exit is the the S bumps which is what we did. The big jumps are too far below Blattins run. Will look again tomorrow
latest report
Junior did the jumps yesterday, as there was no moguls anywhere. There is a good exit, it’s a path that joins into the blue run. The rollers were fun for the daughter and I.
ski holidays
PDS Season Flash Sale on April 11 from 9:00-6:00 https://en.portesdusoleil.com/portes-du-soleil-lift-passes/book-my-winter-package/season-flash-sales/
Quote:
Winter season 2024 / 2025 669 € / 649 CHF instead of 1246€.
Annual package (summer 2024 + winter 24 / 25) 879 € / 859 CHF instead of 1583€.
Summer 2024 season €399 / 388 CHF

With the purchase of a Portes du Soleil winter season or annual ski pass, you also get :

5 days Winter 24/25 +1 day Summer 2025 offered on Verbier
5 days Winter 24/25+1 day Summer 2025 on Aletsch Arena
5 days Winter 24/25 Espace San Bernado (La Rosière + La Thuile)
PDS Season Flash Sale on April 11 from 9-6
snow conditions
….and if you have children / young persons in the mix then you either buy a adult + child (<12) bundle for €935 or a young persons (12-<26) for €459. These prices are valid until 30 September. (There are no child or young persons passes available in the flash sale)

snow report
Looks like rain to the top of the linga télécabine (about 1500m iirc).

Supposed to be sunny intervals this afternoon, but I'm guessing new snow will be sticky like last Friday.

If anyone's out can they let me know?
snow conditions
@snoozeboy, The rain turned to snow here at 1350m before I re-woke this morning around 10:30 - awake half the night with a head cold so not out today. Still snowing now, but not really settling, so yeah, I imagine it will be very sticky below 2000m or so. (I can see the snowline in the trees about half way up the Foilleuse lift, so perhaps around 1700m.)
ski holidays
Over the hill in Les Gets the snow line was about 1300. Was up on the first lift and it was absolutely glorious for the first couple of hours. The snow was sticky stiff though, so after about 11am I started to get very wet, and the runs started to turn to porridge. Knocked it on the head at 1pm, but very much looking h forward to tomorrow once it’s all been pisted again.
snow report
Yes, I meant that the top of linga was where the snow was saying frozen on the ground and contributing. It was snowing here at 1200m intermittently, but was never going to be of any consequence at this time of year as I don't think the ground is even frozen.
snow report
Timc wrote:
PDS Season Flash Sale on April 11 from 9:00-6:00 https://en.portesdusoleil.com/portes-du-soleil-lift-passes/book-my-winter-package/season-flash-sales/

Was talking about this last week to some friends over the border - does anyone know if the French side do a greater reduction for previous season-pass holders? We've got our invites for next season, if bought between 4 and 11 April, for CHF 570.- . (individual codes will be sent out, apparently). Just something to bear in mind, so if you have a season ticket from this season but haven't been notified about this it may be worth going online and checking the email/account you used to buy it.
snow conditions
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Timc wrote:

Was talking about this last week to some friends over the border - does anyone know if the French side do a greater reduction for previous season-pass holders? We've got our invites for next season, if bought between 4 and 11 April, for CHF 570.- . (individual codes will be sent out, apparently). Just something to bear in mind, so if you have a season ticket from this season but haven't been notified about this it may be worth going online and checking the email/account you used to buy it.

Yes there is also an exclusive offer in Chatel for existing season ticket holders for €580 available 4-11 April via unique discount codes provided by email.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ozboy, Looks like they've made some efforts to normalise the prices wrt exchange rates as well - this season French passes were loads cheaper than Swiss, for day and week ones anyway, I assume season tickets would have been similarly distorted.
snow report
In Avoriaz it is snowing for a second day in a row
Dont get it why les crossets closed. They hat enough snow
snow report
@turms2, they’ve closed ghe links between LG and Morzine now too, which seems nuts as it’s now white all the way down to village level in LG!

Admittedly it’s only a sprinkling at village level, but there would have surely been enough higher up to keep it open.
ski holidays
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
@Ozboy, Looks like they've made some efforts to normalise the prices wrt exchange rates as well - this season French passes were loads cheaper than Swiss, for day and week ones anyway, I assume season tickets would have been similarly distorted.

They added some days at la Rosière to the swiss pds. Not sure if it's true of the french side. Subject of hot debate with my neighbours.
ski holidays
<5cm at Châtel 1200, approx 10ch fresh at the top of cornebois at about 10am, windblown. Fortunately today's snow is of slippery kind, as it's cold for now.

Still snow showers, occasionally heavy. Sunny forecast later today with increase in temps.
snow conditions
snoozeboy wrote:
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

They added some days at la Rosière to the swiss pds. Not sure if it's true of the french side. Subject of hot debate with my neighbours.

Yes, as per earlier post by @Timc, "5 days Winter 24/25 Espace San Bernado (La Rosière + La Thuile)" whether you buy in Euros or CHF.
snow report
Weird resort to partner with as it's a good distance away from PDS and requires an MBT charge. Samoen etc would be a more useful day trip option.
snow report
MHskier wrote:
Weird resort to partner with as it's a good distance away from PDS and requires an MBT charge. Samoen etc would be a more useful day trip option.

But Samoëns also too low. What's an mbt?

Either way, I rarely if ever use the free passes. I don't like Verbier (too linear, too many queues) and aletsch too swiss, too far.

If it's poor conditions in the PDS, I just do something else and wait until it's good.

I appreciate that other people may feel differently.

The free passes have always been a bit dubious. My swiss neighbours insist that they're country agnostic, but I know for sure that they used to get Megève day passes and I was told to my face at Châtel saem that megeve was just for swissers, at that time.
ski holidays
MHskier wrote:
Weird resort to partner with as it's a good distance away from PDS and requires an MBT charge.

A what charge?

Thinks - Oh, the Mont Blanc Tunnel, of course. Or go the other way and use the Gd St Bernard, also charged and slightly longer, even from the Swiss side.

But yes, not the most obvious choice, presumably done on the basis of reciprocity rather than practicality. GM and Cham have long-since partnered together with a couple of others, so I guess they try to keep their existing partners happy by not swapping with even more others.
ski holidays
La Ros doesn't even participate fully in the "Ski a la carte" from Les Arcs / 3V / Val which are all a lot closer (gives a discount IIRC but can't use the pass): thought they would have done that deal first.
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
@Ozboy, Are you sure? We skied past today and it looked like it exits onto the blue that it effectively runs parallel to. There’s certainly a track with poles that comes out out onto the blue.

I stand corrected - there is indeed an exit onto Blattins run. We were skiing great powder in the bowl skiiers left of big jumps
snow report
snoozeboy wrote:

The free passes have always been a bit dubious. My swiss neighbours insist that they're country agnostic, but I know for sure that they used to get Megève day passes and I was told to my face at Châtel saem that megeve was just for swissers, at that time.

Who knows? Not the case now though, same free day offers wherever you buy it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy