Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2023/2024 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
are only for adults available? for kids etc?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@andy from embsay, what does the PDS offer other places, eg Verbier, in return?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@turms2, there’s a range of offers - the flash sale is for >26 years. There’s a free pass for U12s with an adult pass (that I think is about €900), which works out cheaper than a flash sale and a separate kid’s pass. Then I think if you have >12 year olds it’s better to buy a flash sale pass and a boarder pass - it’s all on the websites.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don’t know @Pamski - obviously the Ski Decouverte resorts are all reciprocal offers, bt I don’t know what Verbier pass holders get.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a ok. Thats why when i make for the 4 of us, i come with almost 1800 Euro in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How old are your children @turms2? @Ozboy is something of an expert on what’s the cheapest combo for families withn various age children.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
now they are 6 and 8. So i suppose 7 and 9 for the next season
However it worries me that i will definitely book one week in the Easter Holidays. And do not know until when will the stay open in Avoriaz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pamski, looks like Verbier has a few arrangements, including a reciprocal one with PdS (and Aletsch, which PdS also has):

YOUR EXCLUSIVE ADVANTAGES
Partner resorts
Your annual 4 Vallées ski pass also includes free days at other
Swiss and international resorts.
• 5 free ski days and 1 summer day at Portes du Soleil (France included)
• 5 free ski days and 2 summer days at Aletsch Arena
• 6 free ski days and 1 summer day at Chamonix - Mont-Blanc (France) • 6 free days of skiing in Valle d'Aosta (Italy)
• 5 free days of skiing in Montgenèvre (France)
• 50% discount on a 1-7 day pass in Arosa-Lenzerheide
• 5 free days of skiing in Vail Resorts (USA, Canada, Australia)
• Up to 50% discount on a 1-5 day ski pass at Silvretta Montafon (Austria)
• 5 free ski days and 5 free summer days at Sierra Nevada (Spain)
• 5 free ski days in Grandvalira (Andorra)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@andy from embsay, wow - no time for Verbier if whizzing round using all of those. Thank you for your patience answering my questions, and Ozboy too for his input.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
turms2 wrote:
now they are 6 and 8. So i suppose 7 and 9 for the next season
However it worries me that i will definitely book one week in the Easter Holidays. And do not know until when will the stay open in Avoriaz

There is no advantage to buy the discounted pre-season passes with kids under 12. Châtel off a discounted bundle for c. €900 which includes an adult and child pass. Probably not cost effective if you are only coming for Easter. I would not worry too much about not having snow in Avoriaz on Easter but it will be only morning skiing as as such it may also be better to buy a 4 hour pass (Châtel offer similar).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the idea of the season pass is to take advantage of it and come three weeks (as this season) in total meaning ca 20 or more ski days
Not only one week
1 Week Dezember or January, one Week in February and one Week at April
But i suppose i have to come at 20-27 April 2025. I do not know if it will be still open (i mean Avoriaz)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
turms2 wrote:
the idea of the season pass is to take advantage of it and come three weeks (as this season) in total meaning ca 20 or more ski days
Not only one week
But i suppose i have to come at 20-27 April 2025. I do not know if it will be still open (i mean Avoriaz)

Although we cannot be 100pct certain, Avoriaz should be open for Easter, even late April. The area receives the most snowfall in the French alps and I suggest not a lot will be open in France if Avoriaz cannot open. Places that are open will be overcrowded.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ozboy wrote:
turms2 wrote:
Not only one week

Although we cannot be 100pct certain, Avoriaz should be open for Easter, even late April. The area receives the most snowfall in the French alps and I suggest not a lot will be open in France if Avoriaz cannot open. Places that are open will be overcrowded.

well i think that Flaine get more snow as Avoriaz but that another story
I know they will be overcrowded. However around 25th April it will be less crowded as February etc

But definitely it will be better in Tignes or Val Thorens in compare with Avoriaz. I suppose. Really do not know. However i can wait a little bit. The offer which is aproppriate for me, is valid till the End of September
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@turms2, Perhaps you can gauge it on this season to see how much snow is left on last day on the season on April 21. It feels like we’ve had a below average year in terms of actual snow fall at 1800m but don’t know if this is reflected in the data. From personal experience Avoriaz has always been fine and we enjoy the end of season party atmosphere, events and long lunches. weathertoski.co.uk normally publishes a blog article on “who got the most snow in the alps” later in the year.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ozboy wrote:
@turms2, Perhaps you can gauge it on this season to see how much snow is left on last day on the season on April 21. It feels like we’ve had a below average year in terms of actual snow fall at 1800m but don’t know if this is reflected in the data. From personal experience Avoriaz has always been fine and we enjoy the end of season party atmosphere, events and long lunches. weathertoski.co.uk normally publishes a blog article on “who got the most snow in the alps” later in the year.

indeed...i will do so. Although no one know how the next season will be, however it is a good indicator.
But according to your experiences , if the snow is enough, are almost all the lifts open? e.g. in Livigno one years was exactly the opposite. Although the snow was more than enough, they closed almost complete one side of the resort.

However i am thinking to leave the season pass for this season, and maybe give a try for the season 25/26 when the Easter is again around the first week of April
But the main reason it is not the weather / snow, but to check out the prices in Avoriaz for the New Year Week and Half Term.

E.g. in Les Menuires i paid around 1.500 for the Appartment + Ski pass for the four of us. In Chamrousse less in the Half Term Week.
If i have the season pass, but i have to pay over 1.500 in Avoriaz only for an Appartment, then maybe doesnt worth it for us.

Unfortunately with kids in School there are no other opportunities to go in the low season. And PDS is almost 5 hours away. For a Weeked is too far away
snow report
Rain tomorrow, snow Tuesday for Châtel.
snow report
Temps have been up and down like a whore's knickers the last few days Forecast 23C today (already 21 in the village), 16 tomorrow, 6 on Tuesday.

We're just about to go out the door, skiing was great yesterday, should be good for an hour or three today. Will probably be finished by 1400 or so.
snow conditions
My daughters and mates are in Morzine this week and are having a great time. Empty slopes, out early, Folie about 2. Looking much colder tomorrow and Wednesday, so a decent week considering they had to leave it so late in the season.
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, Yes, still good until 2-ish yesterday, another 20-30cm snow expected over the next couple of days. The home run down to Pre la Joux was still, just, skiable after lunch yesterday, but was looking like it would not survive, so whether with the new snow it will still be going right to the end I don't know. Not that downloading on the Pierre Longue chair would be a problem, of course.

I tell you what though, after three days of skiing hard in the slushy stuff until much later than was really wise my legs aren't half feeling it. Not enough weight training pre season, finally showing when the strength is really needed.
snow report
Balcony covered in snow and looks to continue most of this week. Nice way to finish off the season this weekend - should be great fun.
latest report
Have a fantastic time

Not jealous at all
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, sadly I will not be there, but those going will have a great time! Meteo Blue suggesting it will continue to snow mid-mountain will into Thursday afternoon, and again Friday evening to Saturday. In the meantime Dubai is flooding. All very strange.
ski holidays
Ozboy wrote:
@Mike Pow, sadly I will not be there, but those going will have a great time! Meteo Blue suggesting it will continue to snow mid-mountain will into Thursday afternoon, and again Friday evening to Saturday. In the meantime Dubai is flooding. All very strange.

Shame.

Fairly normal for European mountains though.

Let's hope it's the same next season when Easter is 25 April.
snow report
@Mike Pow, Easter 25 is on 20/04

Doesnt Avoriaz usually close on or near that weekend?
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, Yes Avoriaz and Châtel and Montriond normally close together around end of April.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Easter Sunday yes, but holidays go through to the 27th

Kids back in school on 28th
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

I thought they break up on Friday 04.04.25 back in on Tuesday 22.04.25?
ski holidays
BoldSeagull wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Might be just for Wales then
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BoldSeagull wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Zone A is from 19 April to 05 May
Zone B from 5th to 22th April and
Zone C from 12th to 28th April

So there is a great possibility they they will be open till 28th April 2025

However their booking sytem allows a booking for accommodation until 19 April , not the week from 19 to 26th April
Do not know it this means something
snow report
Looks like there’s still plenty of snow around in avoriaz, would they ever consider extending the season? Is it still open?
snow report
@Skyeblue39,

Closing dates are more or less set in stone. (Even if there is loads of snow).

There are no lifties, ski patrol, rescue helicopters, shops, restaurants, Bin Wagons, no food delivery trucks ordered, cleaners for toilets, personal to empty bins, hotel staff gone, even just things like no flour ordered for the bakery and no diesel ordered for the piste bashers etc etc.

People, resouces and services are all on a contract or contracted and all those business and folk have to have a date to work for.

I was lucky enough to be back out in Avoriaz for the closing weekend and it was great (as usual). Its a compromise as the ski area is limited and the vast majority of the shops and restaurants were already closed.

Tignes or Cervinia are your best bet if you want to get a ski in before they both close on the 5th May.
snow report
I was talking to one of my Pals who is a lifty for SERMA and he is actually working for a couple of weeks on the Arare in Avoriaz as they are opening Lac Intrets chair lift just for some ski clubs to train on over the the next couple of weeks. No 'punters' allowed on the lift though.
ski holidays
Happy Sunday from a cold and wet London - I assume this means snow for the alps but I’ve stopped looking. Looks like projects to replace TC Linga and TSD4 Cornebois in Chatel will proceed with Poma. Linga is planned to be replaced this summer and Cornebois in 2025. These changes address the main bottlenecks during busy periods. The old Cornebois may be recycled to replace the Barbossine lift at Petit Châtel.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy