Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2023/24. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
@chocksaway, don’t know if you’ve heard, but Jaques got skied into a few weeks ago, broke his femur. The utter ***** who hit him just skied off. He’s recuperating in Paris. It looks like that it for him. Tragedy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One moment it’s completely cloudy can’t see anything 5 minutes later blue skies, hopefully the blue skies prevail
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yip, 10-15cm on the cars outside, should be good. Be careful though, a big avalanche above Le Fornet buried somebody yesterday afternoon, luckily only light injuries thanks to a quick recovery by witnesses and the fact he was wearing a DVA.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dr John, I didn't know that, that is such a shame, he was an inspiration to all..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well that was a mixed day. This morning was great with all the new snow. Quite a few slips around and route thinking was a bit more complex as we haven't had a string of southerlies for a while. But we found some great snow around the Palet sector but it settled quickly on the sunny slopes. As we called at the Corner for a cuppa and a sausage roll a shower blew in and it was really quite dark. That one passed and we funi'd up to the GM for a look around, there was some nice patches in places but some massive cornices in odd places. Certainly a day to look before leaping. The second time round, the sky closed in again and it has snowed lightly for most of the afternoon, it was a bit damp below 2400m on the goggles. I do hope the guy who took a flying lesson under the Palafout this morning is OK, it looked like he was off piste with a group and his skis had come to a sudden stop on the rock, he was about 40m below them. He was sat up but it was a 4 pisteur rescue.

The light snow will continue through the night, there might be the odd thunderstorm as well (but this is very much a might). I am expecting the light snow to stop mid morning and then it should be a sunny day for a bit before a veil of clud pitches up ahead of thickening cloud after dinner. There will also be a strong breeze aloft in the afternoon. At. some stage during the night the snow will start again - only light but snow to Brev. It will warm up through Wednesday so it might get sleety below the Dam. Thursday will be a day of sunny spells and variable cloud with light breezes. after that who knows?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Starting to think about a visit in a couple of weeks after a disastrous last visit to Tignes (broken shoulder ). Starting to feel confident that shoulder can sustain skiing and I could cope with the odd sunny afternoon having a cold one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What an awesome day! Though it started with a less than promising outlook. The view from the bedcam at 8 was grey and light snow. So, we agreed to meet at 11 for the forecast clear up. I then got on with some re-grouting, a piece of cut up yoghurt carton nicely stopped a tile wobbling! the sun came out just before 11 and we set off up the Aiguille Percee, where they have actually started drilling holes in the ground for the top station of the new Marais chair. We hiked up and into Vallon de Sache and chose the less steep Barthelemi (as compared with the other routes) as there was a lot of snow. Not many people had ventured that way so it was freshtracks in knee deep light and fluffy until about half way down when it became more compacted. We emerged at the standard netting and the pitch down the Sache piste was very bumpy soft moguls. I felt sorry for the pisteurs doing a rescue from the top of the slope, the one on the blood wagon was going to have thighs like a 747 shock absorber by the time they got down.

By now it was lunchtime and quiet so we worked our way round to Lanches. Vanoise was having 20 minutes off so we opted for Telegraph. As we traversed round the bowl to the entry a young Brit with Selfie Stick skied up quickly behind us and said "guys - can I get out of here?" We let him go ahead of us. Telegraph was excellent, the entry had the least rocks I have seen, the snow depths up there are incredible. And still relatively untracked, again more than boot deep. We dropped into the Corner to rehydrate. Up Lanches and Vanoise and down Leisses where the snow to the southern side of the piste was easily 50cm deep. We could now see clouds building over towards the 3 Valleys. So we returned home off piste by Genepy (still some cornices in non standard places) and back down into Lac. Quite tired now!

In other news:

La Scara has started in Val D'isere - so watch out for closed pistes and 14-16 year old skiers trying to make their mark to make it to the next levels away from local club racing. As I understand it is a big filter, if you make your mark it can mean you are on the way to a promising ski racing career. But this can make them a little reckless on piste as they wear the lycra of invincibility.

Tignes is also trying a new one way system between Lac and Lavachet - the tunnel is now one way downhill. Its causing a modicum of chaos as the locals are ignoring it (especially at school run time) and the visitors are going round and round in a satnav induced vortex!

Tomorrow will be another day:

The clouds that are approaching now will thicken through the evening and light precipitation will start in the small hours, the rain snow line is likely to be around 2000m, it may not start until after lunch lower down, its quite insignificant. There will be a reasonable breeze. Thursday looks like being a grey cloudy day, with a gusty wind in the afternoon, maybe an odd shower. Friday will be warm with a milky sky, perhaps some breaks. Saturday, bluebirds, bikinis and beers on the terrace - spring is back for a day or so.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
What an awesome day! Though it started with a less than promising outlook. The view from the bedcam at 8 was grey and light snow. So, we agreed to meet at 11 for the forecast clear up. I then got on with some re-grouting, a piece of cut up yoghurt carton nicely stopped a tile wobbling! the sun came out just before 11 and we set off up the Aiguille Percee, where they have actually started drilling holes in the ground for the top station of the new Marais chair. We hiked up and into Vallon de Sache and chose the less steep Barthelemi (as compared with the other routes) as there was a lot of snow. Not many people had ventured that way so it was freshtracks in knee deep light and fluffy until about half way down when it became more compacted. We emerged at the standard netting and the pitch down the Sache piste was very bumpy soft moguls. I felt sorry for the pisteurs doing a rescue from the top of the slope, the one on the blood wagon was going to have thighs like a 747 shock absorber by the time they got down.

By now it was lunchtime and quiet so we worked our way round to Lanches. Vanoise was having 20 minutes off so we opted for Telegraph. As we traversed round the bowl to the entry a young Brit with Selfie Stick skied up quickly behind us and said "guys - can I get out of here?" We let him go ahead of us. Telegraph was excellent, the entry had the least rocks I have seen, the snow depths up there are incredible. And still relatively untracked, again more than boot deep. We dropped into the Corner to rehydrate. Up Lanches and Vanoise and down Leisses where the snow to the southern side of the piste was easily 50cm deep. We could now see clouds building over towards the 3 Valleys. So we returned home off piste by Genepy (still some cornices in non standard places) and back down into Lac. Quite tired now!

In other news:

La Scara has started in Val D'isere - so watch out for closed pistes and 14-16 year old skiers trying to make their mark to make it to the next levels away from local club racing. As I understand it is a big filter, if you make your mark it can mean you are on the way to a promising ski racing career. But this can make them a little reckless on piste as they wear the lycra of invincibility.

Tignes is also trying a new one way system between Lac and Lavachet - the tunnel is now one way downhill. Its causing a modicum of chaos as the locals are ignoring it (especially at school run time) and the visitors are going round and round in a satnav induced vortex!

Tomorrow will be another day:

The clouds that are approaching now will thicken through the evening and light precipitation will start in the small hours, the rain snow line is likely to be around 2000m, it may not start until after lunch lower down, its quite insignificant. There will be a reasonable breeze. Thursday looks like being a grey cloudy day, with a gusty wind in the afternoon, maybe an odd shower. Friday will be warm with a milky sky, perhaps some breaks. Saturday, bluebirds, bikinis and beers on the terrace - spring is back for a day or so.

Great update thank you for sharing!

We are thinking of booking a late trip and heading out on Saturday (staying in Val Claret). Feeling a bit nervous about the tropical weather forecast from the weekend.

Assuming the pistes will hold up well at altitude?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway, I always love your writing style, but this is just perfect:
Quote:

the lycra of invincibility.
Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@EvieTee, At altitude yes, ski the lower stuff in the morning and move higher, be prepared to download if necessary. There is so much snow, it will be good for a while. Indeed, despite it snowing hard over the last couple of days the official measurement on the Grande Motte is 4m of snow, it has been like that for a week. We are beginning to think the measuring stick is only 4m tall. I would book!

@Hurtle, Thanks, I feel Admin should create a bowing emoji.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes agreed love the writing style and updates - thanks @chocksaway. I would add re the Scara (as well as the British Champs) that its - the hell with the rest of you' attitude pretty much everywhere - in Val especially at Marmottes lift and Tichot in Tignes! Grrrr. I most certainly am doing my utmost to instill respect for other mountain users and 'you are no more worthy than the general public' on the slopes into Olivia. As a former racer, then race coach, then instructor and now race dad its a pet HATE of mine on the mountain! Rant over!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chocksaway wrote:
@EvieTee, At altitude yes, ski the lower stuff in the morning and move higher, be prepared to download if necessary. There is so much snow, it will be good for a while. Indeed, despite it snowing hard over the last couple of days the official measurement on the Grande Motte is 4m of snow, it has been like that for a week. We are beginning to think the measuring stick is only 4m tall. I would book!

Booking now Cool

Thank you!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:

We booked a few days ago. we went last year during the same week, and the skiing was excellent - loads of snow, few crowds - so hoping for this same this year.

Anyway, your updates are very reassuring, so thanks for posting Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can’t wait to get there and slap on the suncream Eh oh!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Steve Angus, completely agree. Much arrogant barging at the La Daille bubble yesterday, instructors and lifties doing and saying nothing to them really doesn't help the situation, just reinforces their attitude of entitlement and superiority.
snow report
If any of those kids are educated at Apex2100 it's a double whammy of entitled, privately educated kids with v. rich parents and ski racer ego. Not a great combo.
snow conditions
Damp and grey in the village. It started snowing just before breakfast and has snowed lightly or moderately all day, it's easing off now. (Edit: its just started again). We also sat in cloud most of the day. So regular viewers will not be surprised that I had a trip to Bourg to do the end of season shop and a bit of a non-consumables stock up for next season. It's a lot easier to unload heavy or bulky items now than if the village is chocker with snow and you have to lump it up from the carparks. As I drove back it turned from rain to sleet just above Brev. I imagine there is at least 10-20cm more at altitude.

In other news the Mont Blanc chair should be back in operation tomorrow. And the Tunnel Run opened this afternoon, I think. There's a video of pisteurs going through it on the Val thread. The delay was digging out the very steep 3000m drag by hand as the bashers couldn't get under the wires. Beware, the Tunnel Run is A Level - don't be tempted unless you are happy on a fairly narrow run, as steep as Face and covered in moguls.

The snow will peter out and the stars should appear after dark. Tomorrow will be quite warm with light breezes and a milky sky so there should be plenty of light to enjoy the fresh snow. Friday will be a base layer cooler but virtually identical to Thursday. For those arriving on Saturday, it will be a winter wonderland of blue skies, moderate spring temps and light winds (maybe a milky sky in the morning). Sunday warm and cloudy, but the clouds should be above the peaks.
snow conditions
Another fabulous update. Thank you @chocsaway
ski holidays
timlongs wrote:
If any of those kids are educated at Apex2100 it's a double whammy of entitled, privately educated kids with v. rich parents and ski racer ego. Not a great combo.

*Other pretentious ski academies are available of course
snow report
Dr John wrote:
@Steve Angus, completely agree. Much arrogant barging at the La Daille bubble yesterday, instructors and lifties doing and saying nothing to them really doesn't help the situation, just reinforces their attitude of entitlement and superiority.

Yes unfortunately - I have been known to say something.
snow conditions
Well, with yesterday's news there was really only one place for an intrepid snowHead to go today - The Tunnel. So, I was at the Tov at 8.55. Unfortunately there was a 10 minute delay as there must ave been an issue as neither Tov, Tufs or Paquis started till 9.10 (piseurs late out of bed?!?). But in the end - no snags. I knew I had to be out as the 3000 Poma only takes 4 persons a minute and the moguls would soon be horrendous on the Tunnel Piste. Down to Marmottes where the racers hadn't started. They were all stood at the top of OK. It struck me that ski racing is a like being in the Military: a lot of arduous training, a few moments of intense activity and plenty of hanging around waiting!

Folks may have noticed that Mont Blanc had his hat on, well a hat, 3 berets and a scarf to be more precise. Normally a portent of doom, don't worry that cloud was associated with the weather just to the North - it will keep going north away from us.

Face was in great condition so I was soon up Solaise and Glacier Express. About 10 chairs from the top, the 3000 started up - so I was in the first 15. Indeed, the first Pomas hadn't got back round by the time I was on the up. So, a few selfies in the tunnel which you could ski (last time it was hands and knees!) And out into the milky sunshine of Le Fornet. There was already a few moguls. The piste poles didn't last long (there was more later!) so effectively it was on off piste run on fresh snow with a crust on it. There were a few spectacular tumbles by some folks who hadn't heeded the 'Itinerary status'. The Tunnel opened back in the day to allow skiers to access the L'Iseran valley as the Fornet Cable Car didn't appear till 73 and the Up and Over Original in 79. They must have been keen!
As I skied down I noticed that they were still trying to dig out the top of the Up and Over so I went to Pissailas where it was almost deserted. The pistes were in fab condition, the off piste very compacted because of the wind and temperatures yesterday. There were some nice pockets though, just not many or very long. After a few laps and a coffee i came home via Rhone Alpes and JC.
As for next week, any more late bookers, its going to be quiet with only 22k vehicles coming up hill into the Tarentaise compared with 30k last weekend.

The high cloud has thickened a bit this afternoon, but some stars should pop out by midnight. Tomorrow should be like today, milky skies, light winds but a bit warmer. Saturday should see sunny periods as the veil of cloud breaks up in the morning - hotter again. Actual temperatures are almost meaningless up here, but it may well be warm enough for a tea shirt and a shell only. Sunday will be pretty much the same and a bit more breeze from the south and now here comes the slight dampener, from late Saturday the high level winds (up with the 737s) will be southerly, bringing with it a fair chunk of the Sahara. Warnings have been issued by the Barcelona Dust Regional Centre (who knew?) and repeated in the local press that its going to get quite orange - evidently 3.4g per cubic metre may be up there and eventually down here. Together with early pollen from the trees they are telling folks with allergies to stay inside. We may get some spectacular sunsets and orange snow, which might upset the off piste but not the pistes. Monday will be cooler and start cloudy but sunny periods should develop and the winds will pick up. The showers shouldn't bother us till after Happy Hour. Tuesday, currently windy with rain to 23-2400m and quite windy - but thats far from certain.
ski holidays
Marmottes - have been spotted (a couple of days ago - according to my spy). Warm and a milky sky all day - but no snow report as I was on standby to help a mate whose electrickery car won't charge. So did a bit of stuff in the Apartment as well.

News from the pistes, the SCARA has finished and the Mont Blanc chair is working again.

The weather, its currently 23 degs at Geneva airport (1600h) - herein lies a clue. Tomorrow will be scorchio despite the milky sky in the morning, which should clear for the afternoon - watch out for the slush traps. Likewise Meteo France have issued a special avalanche warning because the heat is going to cause wet slips as the snowpack humidifies. They are warning against touring and if a piste is closed don't go down it (L, Santons, Combe de Geant being prime examples). Also we may get blasting in the afternoon to disturb your siesta. The sand will start appearing in the atmosphere after lunch, current projections show the worst of it will pass to the west tomorrow, we'll see what happens on Sunday. Sunday will be a couple of degs warmer and a milky sky with light breezes. Monday will be a few degrees cooler, with sunny spells and fluffy clouds, the wind will pick up in the afternoon, just half an eye on the links. The rain/snow will start after dark, initially the snowline will be way above us, hopefully by Tuesday morning it will be down to 2000m or so. It will still be windy.

For the fliers tomorrow - windy at both sides of the Channel, so belt up tight. There will be showers across the UK, the winds do pick up in the showers so maybe the odd time round the hold to wait for it to die down (esp Brizzle and Manchester). Over here the main problem will be overheating in the Terminal, but a lot of flights have finished for the season (esp at Grenoble) so a more pleasant experience. With 22k vehicles heading up and 24k heading down there should be few hold ups (maybe 10-12 at Aime on the way down). The pistes should be quiet next week!!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, No milky sky over in Val.

Good news for us that Mont Blanc is fixed after a month out of action. I would say it would take the strain off Tommeuses but the wait time has been hardly anything lately.

We had a blast round Bellevarde and just missed going down Santons before it was closed. So downloaded Olympic to avoid any Frantic Face Friday. From the Olympic Face didn’t look too bad.
Up Solaise and even the top of Glacier is getting sticky.

3000 was closed as they were bashing it. Snow in Pisaillas was soft but not heavy by late lunch but we didn’t go below the Col poma.
Homeward we came down Plan/Rhone Alps and it was lovely movable spring snow (although wise for some skiers to download) We could see a slide over Piste L which was luckily closed.

Now at 1745 I’m sitting on the terrace enjoying the sunshine while Mr Muppet contemplates cleaning down the BBQ!!

Tomorrow thinner layers and more sunscreen.
ski holidays
Do we think the pisteurs will make a new piste in fornet next season, where the forest was flattened by the avalanche?
ski holidays
Noob921 wrote:
Do we think the pisteurs will make a new piste in fornet next season, where the forest was flattened by the avalanche?

No I doubt it - they'll replant saplings and rope it off I should think!
ski holidays
@Noob921, No chance, another slide occurred this week in the same area and since it’s a protected forest very little will happen, I doubt even much clearing over the summer.
Something similar happened years ago further along the forest towards Laisinant and during the summer on hikes it’s very clear to see how it’s just been left to blend and re grow as nature allows.
ski holidays
A bit of a do in the QDC last night. One of the local lads has just passed his pisteurs ski test, well done T. It's a tricky test to pass in front of a jury and the criteria are only very broadly defined - a hard old school to get into. The Genepy drinking test was easier!

Its 16 degs at the moment in Lac, above average for the time of year, but not exceptional, the Marmottes seemed to be enjoying the sun on Palafour this morning. For most of the skiing day it has been sunny or just a thin layer of cloud, its a bit thicker now. A good day for the Parapente competition which is going on in the Manchet Valley this week. It culminates in Leo's invitational at the end of the week (that's Leo Taillefer - the freeride and You Tube Star - whose brother got married in Val today - busy week!).

A group of us went and had lunch in Fornet today - just about every kind of piste condition was discovered at one time or another. Palafour was like boiler plate first thing - so much for not freezing overnight. But overall the pistes are in good condition, not seen a stone yet which is unusual. Up on Pissailas it was still fab.

Tomorrow will be pretty much like today, varying amounts of high cloud, but a bit more breeze in the afternoon. Monday will be a tad cooler with sunny spells and fluffy clouds. There will be more wind, with strong gusts in the afternoon, some of the high lifts may shut - just keep an eye out for the links. The clouds will thicken later in the day before precipitation starts ahead of the temperature dropping by 10 degs as the cold front arrives. The snowline will be about 2200m, so a bit grim in the villages, especially with the strong winds. May be a good day for an end of season springclean! The jury is still very much out on Wednesday. Expect more sand to arrive over the next couple of days - its getting sandier up there.

For those traveeling tomorrow - fine over here for flying. Very bumpy in the UK as Katherine does her thing.
snow report
I’ve just got to Geneva. Will be heading to Tignes on the bus tomorrow. Seems I’ve bought the Queensland weather with me. Sorry.
Travelling solo so if anyone is up for dinner just shout out. Would be interesting to put some faces to the handles in here. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Where are you staying @sbooker?
latest report
@bobski62, Le Lac. A little joint in the Palafour building. I bought my earplugs. Smile
snow report
Anybody got a bucket and spade?

That about sums up to day - sand (from the Sahara). It's on the snow and in the air giving a very strange feel to the day, our very own Dantes Inferno! Also in a twist of irony, some of the sand contains enhanced levels of Caesium-137 thanks to the French Nuclear Tests in the Algerian deserts in the early 60s. Just getting back what is naturally theirs! (thanks to @timlongs for the history lesson). The last of the sand should stop falling around breakfast time on Tuesday as it drifts off to the East - hopefully the new snow will cover it up.

So, I didn't stop out long as you could almost taste the sand in the air. A quick lap of the Palet, up Tufs and down to Rosies for coffee and then home. The sun tried to break through the murk but failed, but there was just about enough light.

Tomorrow, should be better to start with with sunny spells in the morning, the temps will be similar to Today The cloud will thicken and the wind will pick up in the aternoon. It shouldn't preclude the high lifts but just keep an eye on the links late afternoon. Tuesday, looks like a day to be indoors. Rain or snow will start in the early hours and continue for about 30 hours. It will only be light or moderate in intensity. Initially the snow line will be around 1900m but it will fall through the day as the cold front passes over us. So by tea time it will be snow to below Brev. The snow will peter out sometime on Wednesday morning to be replaced by sunny spells, it will be about 10 degs cooler than the last few days. Currently, it then looks like 3 days of sunshine and warmer temperatures to take us to the weekend.

In other news la Coeur des Neiges (Or the Instagram Cafe with the fire pits) on the Rosset front has been closed down for 15 days by the Prefect of the Savoie for making too much noise. I didn't realise until today that there was a flat above, they really must have upset someone!
snow report
@chocksaway, I swear I saw a camel on Grand Pre this morning
snow conditions
@Dr John, it's quite possible. During the summer there is a camel that grazes on the Front de Neige in Val village.
snow conditions

ski holidays
@Dr John, A wolf was spotted between Fontaine Froide and Collet yesterday so maybe your eyes weren’t deceiving you.
snow report
@sno trax, @muppet, for the avoidance of all doubt, the camel comment was in reference to the sand currently carpeting the area. It's gag between me and mates here in Val that seems to have fallen flat on this forum. (If I genuinely thought I saw a camel on the ski slopes I wouldn't post it here, I would lay off the genepi after lunch)
latest report
@Dr John, I got it! Laughing

Anyway, your 'camel' can leave tomorrow as the sand plume vanishes eastwards.

Today - warm and soft. I met up with some old mates in Val and we had a gentle ski round Solaise and Le Fornet - even up on the Glacier it was soft and by early afternoon a lots of the snow (even up to 2500m) was very sticky or 'Comme Colle'. AAs we skied down to the Vallon Gondal the left hand piste was closed as a pisteur triggered lots of mini avalanches from above the rocks with his skis. Very brave. By the time we returned back to Lac, we downloaded - didn't want to twist a knee needlessly, this late in the season. As we were coming down we spotted the pisteurs closing the walkway across the Lake, a sure sign things are warming up.

The cloud will thicken tonight and the winds will pick up ahead of the cold front which arrives tomorrow. The precipitation is only going to be light, but at first it may well be drizzle up to 2200m, the snowline will then fall through the day, by teatime it will be snowing in Brev. The timings of the clearance on Wednesday morning are uncertain as the front forms a mini low in the Gulf of Genoa which may send us a little more snow from the east, it doesn't look to have much 'umph' (formal meteorological term there!) so may not prolong the snow too long. Best guess clearing by 11 to leave a nice afternoon, it will be about 8 degs cooler, so another layer!. The temperatures recover on Thursday and Friday which will be virtually wall to wall sunshine with light breezes. It will be cooler through the nights so hopefully the pistes will stay firmer through the nights.
snow conditions
Am seriously contemplating coming out on 20th to finish the season off. Have skied this late in the season often so fully know what to expect. One question I do have is about long range forecast as just want some assurance about avoiding wet weather. If anyone can point me in the direction of their preferred forecast it would be appreciated.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, glad someone did. Pistes in surprisingly good nick this morning, thin layer of soft making for fun GS turns. Genepi a highlight. After the regulation sausage roll a la Corner did couple more runs, another Genpi included, then called it a day around 1.30 for the knee twisting reason stated above. Soupy glue to LD from FD.
ski holidays
Dr John - haha I had a sausage roll in the Corner too - about 1500 this pm. YUMMY! No Genepi though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy