Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2023/24. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
bobski62 wrote:
Ah, right, that makes sense with the dates, thanks. Re. feasibility of dropping a car in Bonneval, it was actually the public transport options I wanted to check - to get back once it's dropped off. Having checked (last winter's) bus timetable and the trains, it looks OK to be able to get back to Bourg but would miss the last bus up from there so would need to get a lift up from a mate. Would make the round trip longer than 6 hours, but hey, I don't / won't / can't ski every day of the season... Can I leave it on the table as an option for now? Next task: looking at skinning routes (!) - might be quicker than bus & train rolling eyes

How many folk is the limit Steve, and is the limit based on your preference on group size or how many the heli can take?

I do know a couple who did the route, stayed overnight and then skinned back to Val. They are extremely fit and experienced skiers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tigski - yea fair enough but then again the heli ride if half the experience!!!!!

To answer your point Bobski62: "How many folk is the limit Steve, and is the limit based on your preference on group size or how many the heli can take?"

Well its a few things really....

1) trying to make multiples of 4 as chopper is always 4 (or less) plus guide... but the costs for the day are set in terms if my time and chopper cost so always try and make 4 to keep the price circa €300 pp for the day all in (guiding and chopper).
2) availability of a second or more colleagues as every 4 people needs its own guide (chopper rules)... so if there was 8 people confirmed way out I would lock in a colleague and obviously need to make sure someone is free.
3) availability of the chopper - it can only do a certain number of pick ups a day from Bonneval as it flies over the National Park... tbh in mid March it should be OK to book 2 or even 3 rotations with the chopper company but sometimes they will say their quota for the day is booked.

I dont have a preference just want to know people have skinned before a little as although its not a long skin to the entry to the descent (an hour or so) it is quite technical. The ski itself can be super easy or more challenging depending on which route you take. The other thing needed (you can rent skins etc for the day) is that everyone needs to be on skis as there is pushing and poling at the end for a decent distance so not really boarder friendly. Other than that and buying a really cheap 1/2 day bonneval lift pass to get to the pick up point for the chopper it is a super nice day out!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bobski62,

Hi,

As Steve says I have already asked him to pencil in the 14th & 21st of March 2024 for a Bonneval trip because the conditions weren't right for our planned dates last season. I'll be "advertising" any spare places between Jan & Mar with the Ski Club of GB members I ski with in Val.

So if you're "on board" we need to find 2 more to fill the heli seats. We want to do the trip in good weather when the heli can fly. If you haven't seen it Steve did a short You Tube video when he did the trip in 2015. Just search for "Steve Angus Bonneval" on You Tube.

Steve can keep you in the loop, we need to be on the first cable car out of Le Fornet in the morning equipped with skins for the skin up to the ridge above Le Fornet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tigski - yea fair enough but then again the heli ride if half the experience!!!!!

Totally agree.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tigski, wondering if that's the couple that wrote the book ... (Simon and his partner whose name I can't remember - pink hair)?
@Steve Angus, thanks, that all hangs together. For one friend I think the skinning will be beyond him; the other two squirrel up to Folie Douce in most creditable times on Avalinetrax nights and wouldn't raise a sweat. I'll get them to confirm one way or the other once we are into the new year. All are skiers and have own touring gear, skins, etc. ditto myself. I'm guessing your exit is through L'Ecot which does have some beautiful cross-country tracks to help us along. I came out that way a few years ago after a bimble around Pont Romain and the gorge with a group.
@welshflyer, pleased to make your - snowheads - acquaintance. I've taken a peek at the video - I see what Steve means about some bits of getting there being a little 'technical'. If we need to be on the first box out of Le Fornet I might need my car in Tignes rather than in Bonneval! Though last winter there was a handy service bus to get round leaving 1800 around 8am.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@bobski62,

My SH Name is because I like to do a little bit of aviating, it's not a reference to the way I ski Smile . For me the heli is more than half of the experience!

I believe that the heli lands back in Val on the top of Solaise and we ski back down to the centre of Val. The heli flight takes about 20 minutes. A taxi by road would cost almost as much as the heli and would take more than 4 hours.

I suggest that should drive from Tignes to Le Fornet where we will meet for the first cable car up. When we return to Val you can then collect your car and drive back to Tignes.

A couple of days beforehand Steve will let us know if the excursion is on or not when we have a better idea of the snow conditions and whether or not the weather will be good enough for the heli to fly. There are 2 dates, if we can't do the trip on the 14th of March we have the 21st as a back up date.

If I have got any facts wrong Steve will correct me.

Steve - have a fantastic trip to the USA!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I believe that the heli lands back in Val on the top of Solaise

... damn, I had expected it to drop me back at my chalet (which does have a helipad next to it!). wink

I imagined that @welshflyer might have an aviation connection, as does @chocksaway's moniker, I believe. My own has nothing to do with skiing but betrays a little of my family background.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
welshflyer and bobski62..... without hijacking from your thread chocksaway.... yes the chopper is awesome it really is... it has to clear the Col d'iseran by 1000 vertical metres which means the views are incredible! Yes it lands at top of Solaise but takes about 12 minutes not 20! Yes the taxi cost would be similar! We would meet bottom Fornet Cable car to start the day therefore putting your car somewhere up that way makes things easier beginning and end of day! But yes I will be able to firm 48 hours or so in advance when weather and snow conditions are known! Thanks welshflyer - looking forward to it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steve Angus, No snags!
Is the Chevril quarry pick up still banned? I like that run down from the Point formerly known as Mickey’s Ears.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked to be in Val for February and March and have always wanted to ski to Bonneval. Please keep me in the loop. I'll have a car out there so could help with setting up transport. I don't understand how to send PMs but my email is colinjhawes@gm etc.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 2-10-23 20:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cojoh, You might want to edit your e mail out if you don’t want spamming. PMs are easy, on the home page click on send/read messages in the top right hand corner. Then click on write a message - job done
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cojoh, +1 what chocksaway says about the email address. At least replace the "at" symbol with the word "at". This is an open forum and bots will harvest any published email addresses for spam and other nefarious uses.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
@Steve Angus, No snags!
Is the Chevril quarry pick up still banned? I like that run down from the Point formerly known as Mickey’s Ears.

Its a great decent yes it really is? Its a real shame you can't do the pick up by heli it really is. So annoying! Everyone that knows knows its still called Mickeys!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cojoh wrote:
I've booked to be in Val for February and March and have always wanted to ski to Bonneval. Please keep me in the loop. I'll have a car out there so could help with setting up transport. I don't understand how to send PMs but my email is colinjhawes@gm etc.

As others have said send me a pm and we can get something set up if you are around and there is space etc. No worries!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has anyone managed to pay for their Tignes owners membership? I keep getting 'access refused' when I click through to go to payment.
ski holidays
@Extremophile, Yes! And so has Tigski. But it was a 2 step process. Has your application been validated, you can’t pay until you are invited to. Mine was validated quickly as it was early on Monday morning.

We have also successfully navigated Indigo Neo to have our parking applications validated. But we can’t buy until 10 Oct.
snow conditions
@Extremophile, yep we have similarly registered and payed once the various emails were navigated. As I understand it at the moment it is still not clear (apart from the access to Indigo concessions, whatever they might be) what we are actually going to get for our £139.
snow conditions
I managed it eventually. There might have been a problem with Credit Agricole, the payment page seemed to be operated by them, and i never received my sms securicode from ca britline (gave up after 4 attempts) so had to use my UK card, grr… paid up now so at least that’s one hurdle done. Hopefully we’ll get a decent deal on parking and passes.
latest report
sbooker wrote:
I’m going to do a Tignes UCPA week either before or after the End of Season bash in Val Thorens. Any strong reason it should be the week of April 6 or April 20? It will either be ‘off piste’ or ‘introduction to ski touring’.

6th of April will land you right in the middle of UK Easter Holidays, so travel might end up being more expensive.
snow report
@Ski lots, @Extremophile, From wandering around various websites and pages we are looking at roughly 20% off parking and season ski passes at the basic level. So as a singly I ‘save’ about €150. As a couple or family the savings ramp up.

If you rent some weeks out then there are other benefits as detailed on The Props site.
ski holidays
Hope the season ski passes havent gone up too much. Last year parking in golf was €360, passes if my memory serves correctly were ~€800… i dont really bother with the other benefits. If we had friends visiting id give them the benefits but few of my friends ski and those who do have had a few years off buying houses and getting married etc.
ski holidays
@Extremophile, Season ski passes for the coming season are €1040 or €884 for 65-74 or 8-18 year olds.

The Val website is advising that they will go on sale next week.
snow report
muppet wrote:
@Extremophile, Season ski passes for the coming season are €1040 or €884 for 65-74 or 8-18 year olds.

The Val website is advising that they will go on sale next week.

Even on the owners scheme?
ski holidays
@Extremophile, We don’t have an owners scheme over in Val.

If you are employed in town, permanent resident (not just a property owner) or have a business you can join the Vie Val’di scheme.
Last year this entitled you to a discounted season pass at €599 but had to be sorted in resort by showing employment contracts, payslips, SARL/SIC certificates and a wait.

I understand it’s to be similar this season but not heard exact details yet and don’t expect to until after the Toussaint holiday.
snow report
For the second home owners, I’ve now paid for my car parking €435 for the season. I was a bit quick off the mark and had to wait for the second corrected e mail to appear. Indinogoneo are getting better but have a way to go yet. No sign off discounts for relinquishing a week. The cynic in me would suggest they now have last years data they will oversell the peak weeks by a similar amount!
ski holidays
Just posting so this appears in my recents. Here's to great 23/24 season.

Chin Chin!
ski holidays
Anyone know rules for the 65-74 wrinkly season pass discount?
I am 65 in Jan 2024.
I suspect no discount until 2024/25!
Trying to work out based on my ski plans what is the most cost efficient method.
latest report
@Mark1863, Mrs SL qualified for the discount at the end of December last year. She waited until after her birthday to purchase her season pass, but she did not get the discount straight away. In the end she had to phone the lift pass office and they had to get the IT folk to do a manual amendment. I think we took from that that if you purchase before your 65th then you pay the full price, if you delay you may still not get the discount automatically.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Ski lots. Assumed that scenario was likely. Time to get the calculator out!
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
For the second home owners, I’ve now paid for my car parking €435 for the season. I was a bit quick off the mark and had to wait for the second corrected e mail to appear. Indinogoneo are getting better but have a way to go yet. No sign off discounts for relinquishing a week. The cynic in me would suggest they now have last years data they will oversell the peak weeks by a similar amount!

Which car park did you buy your pass for @chocksaway? I also got both emails but when I head to the web page with the invitation to purchase, all of the car parks in Val Claret are listed but none are available - they all say "Cette offre est indisponible à cette date" and you can't put in any dates. Most of the car parks in Lac are available and I could book one there (the website has me pre-authorised and even pulls in the car details) but would prefer to avoid the schlep...

I will drop them an email and raise a query over it.
snow conditions
@bobski62, Lac2. But we were sent a link having had our details verified previously. They don’t give us a discount on the nice car parks!
ski holidays
Quote:

But we were sent a link having had our details verified previously

Yes, I've done that too. Lac 2 was available in the list for me so if there's no reply might have to go for that.
snow conditions
@bobski62, we got a place in the Golf car park as per @Chocksaway in Le Lac at €435, but we were fairly quick off the mark and there was a warning of limited availability.
snow report
Can anyone help on how to book and pay for parking at Val D'Isere. The website wont accept my bank card!
ski holidays
Parking in tignes becomes available to book on 17 oct via indigo neo if it’s same firm in val try again tommorow
ski holidays
In Val d’Isere it’s SAGS that control the parking.
I know season parking went on sale last week but the system was apparently glitchy as usual and crashed.
Probably give it a few weeks and try again.
ski holidays
Am coming for a few days at the start of December and looking at booking parking but running into an issue of hiring a car so do not know the reg.

Anyone got any solution for this
ski holidays
Hi @Ghostlybadge - yes, see page 1, 5th post, towards the end under Other Parking Info.

Sorry @vegas007, no recent experience of this but back in 2019 when I last had to buy parking in Val d'Isere it was indeed 'glitchy'. Ended up paying cash on arrival (but at least manage to reserve it).

Yes, @snowornever, indeed, bookings opened today but for parking durations of 5 days to a few weeks. For season parking the battle continues...

Have had several email exchanges with the parking office along the lines of "V-C car parks are open to residents" / "oh no they're not" / "oh yes they are" / "oh no they're not". It's not just the snow that comes early to Tignes - so does panto season. I've checked a few other links and it looks like there are different lists of car parks available depending on whether you are applying as a proprietor / seasonnaire / professional / resident. You can only apply according to which of these you got verified as. In some cases spaces have run out (épuisée). I've emailed them one more time and if no joy will simply book a space in Lac 2 (assuming they are not épuisée) and see if I can do a swap on arrival. Or get used to the bus journey.
snow conditions
bobski62 wrote:
Hi @Ghostlybadge - yes, see page 1, 5th post, towards the end under Other Parking Info.

Sorry @vegas007, no recent experience of this but back in 2019 when I last had to buy parking in Val d'Isere it was indeed 'glitchy'. Ended up paying cash on arrival (but at least manage to reserve it).

Yes, @snowornever, indeed, bookings opened today but for parking durations of 5 days to a few weeks. For season parking the battle continues...

Have had several email exchanges with the parking office along the lines of "V-C car parks are open to residents" / "oh no they're not" / "oh yes they are" / "oh no they're not". It's not just the snow that comes early to Tignes - so does panto season. I've checked a few other links and it looks like there are different lists of car parks available depending on whether you are applying as a proprietor / seasonnaire / professional / resident. You can only apply according to which of these you got verified as. In some cases spaces have run out (épuisée). I've emailed them one more time and if no joy will simply book a space in Lac 2 (assuming they are not épuisée) and see if I can do a swap on arrival. Or get used to the bus journey.

You are a star thanks.

Thunk the rental button is broke atm as gove me a 505 error when I done it
ski holidays
Welcome, @Ghostlybadge, to the wonderful world of Indi-no-go.

It may be worth trying again using a different browser. I used to have a lot of similar issues on many French websites but less so when using Chrome vs IE.

If it persists do send them an email: p730508@group-indigo.com is the office in Tignes where hopefully someone can send it on to their tech team. Best include a screenshot.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy